Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lack of any real rumours is intriguing; there is very remote speculative guesses, some of a very obvious nature, but the distinct lack of "noise", of any real substance, is interesting to say the least.
Is what way do you find it intriguing? Just wanting to pick your brain really...desperate for a good rumour with some real substance to it. We have been quiet and in control with our signings over the past year or two. Hoping we have some good things coming our way!

Is what way do you find it intriguing? Just wanting to pick your brain really...desperate for a good rumour with some real substance to it. We have been quiet and in control with our signings over the past year or two. Hoping we have some good things coming our way!
It's becoming characteristic of the way things have been in the past few seasons; the club seems to be run more tightly. We know we will sign players, we can imagine players leaving possibly; that there are no real rumours either way is commendable really.

Last edited:
It's becoming characteristic of the way things have been in tge past few seasons; the club seems to be run more tightly. We know we will sign players, we can imagine players leaving possibly; that there are no real rumours either way is commendable really.
It is for sure-just hard on the head as we love a good rumour! :)

Out-with a few people on here who had genuine info and would only post it occasionally, like ID10, Sherbrook and DocStone, there were a lot of attention seekers when it cam to rumours. Suppose it was entertaining but there were some people who had some strange thirst to be 'ITK' and would post a lot of guff.

Now though you don't see them anymore as we all know Rangers' dealings are kept totally in-house with nothing getting out so these posters would be told immediately we know they're talking rubbish. We only here of stuff if its being reported elsewhere, Turkey this week for instance, which Rangers have no control over.

I wouldn't call him an ageing player.

He's turning 30 in August and in his prime.
We don’t get value for money signing a player in their “prime”. Also in his prime I don’t see him winning the shirt off Jack/Davis/Kamara if all fit and kept.
We have at least another season with Jack, Davis and Arfield so that gives us time to bed in a young dynamic holding midfielder before they reach their prime.

It's becoming characteristic of the way things have been in the past few seasons; the club seems to be run more tightly. We know we will sign players, we can imagine players leaving possibly; that there are no real rumours either way is commendable really.
I think we will have players lined up and ready to go for but it's still early days in the window we appear to have active interests in several players and have made an approach for Bright Osayi-Samuel.

I also heavily suspect we will have to sell players as our squad is very bloated as it stands quite a few surplus players still with us

Lots of work to be done but plenty of time to do it.

In a tournament year the transfer Merry-go-round starts a bit later but then the big moves have a knock-on through the rest of football.
I think we probably have a couple of targets and then a reserve list of guys we’ll go for depending on who moves on.

Out-with a few people on here who had genuine info and would only post it occasionally, like ID10, Sherbrook and DocStone, there were a lot of attention seekers when it cam to rumours. Suppose it was entertaining but there were some people who had some strange thirst to be 'ITK' and would post a lot of guff.

Now though you don't see them anymore as we all know Rangers' dealings are kept totally in-house with nothing getting out so these posters would be told immediately we know they're talking rubbish. We only here of stuff if its being reported elsewhere, Turkey this week for instance, which Rangers have no control over.
Yip-I think it is great how we are doing our business now. Excited to see how we wheel and deal this summer and what the squad will look like for the start of the season.

From what I hear from my mole Rangers don't leak now....it's all changed. Deals are done and dusted before any tittle tattle.

Most of our signings last season started with a rumour from abroad. Hagi, Roofe and Balogun were all mentioned in foreign media prior to joining us, that why the ex QPR player could be a goer.

I have seen the same statement over and over on football boards over the years.

"X player can do better than X team"

What does that mean? It's an absurd contradiction of a statement.

If X player is in the EPL, playing on the worst team in that league...he is not playing his own team. He is playing Man U, Man City, Liverpool...etc.
He is displaying his talents against the best, in front of the wealthiest, most well coached clubs in the world (IMO).
Further, if a player exhibits consistent quality, and performance on some of the lower rung teams, it will only be highlighted more. Thus, he will probably get MORE pitch time.

"Can do better' is a complete non-starter. Getting in that league should be the goal.
What... on... EARTH... are you talking about?

There will still be movement in or out mores outs than ins I'd say though
Maybe not all of it, but I'd say a large amount of the money made from player sales would be reinvested in the squad, then the cash that financed transfers the last few seasons can go towards bills. That is how we should aim to operate. There is no chance we are reducing the squad size IMO.

Unless you mean outs as in guys like Barker, JJ etc, in my mind they're as good as gone already.

Steven Gerrard said he'd had an interesting chat with the board right after we got the trophy, I doubt it was 'you'll need to sell before you buy'.

We'll be even stronger next season, like each season under Gerrard.
Jones Barker Edmundson Katic Barjonas Stewart Zungu and probably a big money sale will leave or has left already we are not signing 8 and players this season so as I said more outs than ins

Reactions: LD5
Maybe not all of it, but I'd say a large amount of the money made from player sales would be reinvested in the squad, then the cash that financed transfers the last few seasons can go towards bills. That is how we should aim to operate. There is no chance we are reducing the squad size IMO.

Unless you mean outs as in guys like Barker, JJ etc, in my mind they're as good as gone already.
The bit highlighted I suspect would be true however it would only be reinvested in a replacement and maybe 1 or 2 other players it won't be wholesale change

Reactions: LD5
The defences in that league are mince Fabio Cardoso (Remember him) he's a standout over there which pretty much says it all the standard of defending is quite mediocre especially outwith the big teams.

tbf, Cardoso just didnt suit Scottish football, hes been great over there and linked with porto and benfica, as well as being strongly tipped to make the step up to the portugal squad next season.

The defences in that league are mince Fabio Cardoso (Remember him) he's a standout over there which pretty much says it all the standard of defending is quite mediocre especially outwith the big teams.
On paper Cardoso was a great signing, just didn't suit the rough and tumble football in this country whatsoever, that doesn't mean no-one in Portugal can defend and everyone in Scotland can. He stands out because he is actually a pretty solid player believe it or not.

That can't be accurate. He signed his last extension with SU in the middle of last season after playing 24 EPL games and scoring 5 goals.

If it is accurate, he needs to get a new agent after signing for us on a cut price deal... :D
He signed a new 20k a week deal last year.

It's probably just not been updated.

Reactions: fmp
Some mixed reports out of Turkey about Osayi Samuel some saying our approach has been rejected and they are unwilling to sell some saying a loan deal with an option to buy is still on the table

Some mixed reports out of Turkey about Osayi Samuel some saying our approach has been rejected and they are unwilling to sell some saying a loan deal with an option to buy is still on the table
Loan with option to buy should always be the road to go down if it is available, Zungu and Hagi have shown how beneficial it can be.

Loan with option to buy should always be the road to go down if it is available, Zungu and Hagi have shown how beneficial it can be.
Hope we can get a deal done he has the potential to be a world beater but we arent short of wingers/10s so I don't know if there is any truth in all this

Noise seems to be Fenerbache are cash poor. Not sure where a loan to buy fits with them needing money now.

Unless loan fee is a big initial chunk of what we end up paying on completion.

I though Osayi Samuel moving to Turkey was a bit strange. Fair play to him for giving it a go. Lad has qualities and ability. Eze kicked on when moving up to the Premiership with Crystal Palace, Osayi Samuel could do similar. Loan with an option to buy would be interesting.

He’s got every thing our management team and style wants; pace, directness, power, work rate, versatility, end product. Think he’s quite a clever lad who understand the game, roles and what’s asks of him.

I though Osayi Samuel moving to Turkey was a bit strange. Fair play to him for giving it a go. Lad has qualities and ability. Eze kicked on when moving up to the Premiership with Crystal Palace, Osayi Samuel could do similar. Loan with an option to buy would be interesting.

He’s got every thing our management team and style wants; pace, directness, power, work rate, versatility, end product. Think he’s quite a clever lad who understand the game, roles and what’s asks of him.
Him and Kent with their pace would be very useful in European games against more high quality opposition both ball carriers who could dribble us up the pitch when necessary

Hope we can get a deal done he has the potential to be a world beater but we arent short of wingers/10s so I don't know if there is any truth in all this
Reports from Turkey suggest we definitely want him.

Ticks all the boxes for us lots of potential think of him as a right sided Kent but the potential to be as good as him.

Bags of pace, powerful, creative, versatile if you nurture his talent, improve him and get more assist and goals out of him you have a cracking player in the making.

Reports from Turkey suggest we definitely want him.

Ticks all the boxes for us lots of potential think of him as a right sided Kent but the potential to be as good as him.

Bags of pace, powerful, creative, versatile if you nurture his talent, improve him and get more assist and goals out of him you have a cracking player in the making.

Improves his composure in front of goal, decision making and knowing when to release the ball instead of an extra touch, twist or turn and he’d be some player. You’d fancy our management team to iron those out.

Improves his composure in front of goal, decision making and knowing when to release the ball instead of an extra touch, twist or turn and he’d be some player. You’d fancy our management team to iron those out.
I think he would come on leaps and bounds under our management also playing in an attacking team on the front foot in a more central number 10 role he would thrive in our set up and he is very good on the ball in tight areas.

I really hope we get him.

Last edited:
The game I watched Osayi-Samuel was a home match last season vs Stoke City and he played as the left sided forward fairly wide you could say a winger role tbh .
I felt he didn’t get himself involved in the game and was pressured out of it by a physical opposition who were commanding QPR . A few opportunities to attack them did arise but basically I would say the defenders took control of the situations and pushed him into dead moves / space .

I only watched 1H and the game ended goalless . ye he is quick and strong enough to sustain his speed over a decent distance too but he didn’t appear to have the craft or finesse of Ryan Kent eg . More of a runner and probably operates best with space to play into . It wasn’t an especially good game for him that day .

Be interesting to see what happens with this one .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back