Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he has gears to go into mate, not even close to reaching his potential yet.

Unless he wants to go,which I seriously doubt- I don't think it's the correct time to sell.

Morelos,Itten,Roofe,Kent even would give us more chance of maximising the value we would get for selling them now than Hagi I'd suggest.

Don't get me wrong,there's some very difficult decisions to be made on that front when bids inevitably come in and I'm glad it's not me having to make them.

Spot on Cav.

The big problem we may have is that need to be self sustaining & not being in control of what offers will come in for our players.

A lot of us have thoughts on who will be the easiest to let go, but to a large extent other clubs will be a big part of that.

Unrelated, but I take it you noticed Ivanusec played for Croatia against Czech Republic ? Still only 22 too.

Spot on Cav.

The big problem we may have is that need to be self sustaining & not being in control of what offers will come in for our players.

A lot of us have thoughts on who will be the easiest to let go, but to a large extent other clubs will be a big part of that.

Unrelated, but I take it you noticed Ivanusec played for Croatia against Czech Republic ? Still only 22 too.
IMHO, quite a bit of this summer`s work with the players we have and the players we sign will be geared to reaching the CL group stages. Getting that money will settle quite a few finance experts` nerves.

Ivanusec is tied to Zagreb till 2024 and will command a nice fee.

Our players had been on the booze for days. If we still had togo to Parkhead to win the league I think that tie would have been a lot different.
I still think even in the 2nd leg with 11 players on the pitch we looked miles off them, they weren’t much better technically than us so I thought it really showed how much more athletic we need to get

Our players had been on the booze for days. If we still had togo to Parkhead to win the league I think that tie would have been a lot different.
We didn't know at the time though that we wouldn't have to go to Parkhead to win the league, that was only confirmed when they drew the following day.

The players would have been blotto regardless.

Not a rumour so unsure if allowed, but liked the look of the LB Jere Uronen for Finland. Only 26, has roughly 50 senior caps, plays for Genk, has CL and EL experience. One year left on his deal and valued at less then 2.5m according to TransferMarket. Different type of player from Barisic but looks solid and would potentially be good competition/rotation.

Are you saying that they brushed us aside at Ibrox on 18 March because our players had been drinking continuously for 12 days since the St.Mirren game on 6 March?

Middleton didn't do enough either, really. Can't see him being part of the squad next season.

I don't think Middleton will make it here, but I'm not sure it's fair to judge the success of a loan move purely on how the player performed. McPake was okay to good at Harrowtown, but looking at him, he has come on leaps and bounds as an athlete during his time there. That makes it a success for me, even if he wasn't exactly consistent every week.

There have been loads of young players who have had average loans only to then come back and kick on at their parent club.

Not a rumour so unsure if allowed, but liked the look of the LB Jere Uronen for Finland. Only 26, has roughly 50 senior caps, plays for Genk, has CL and EL experience. One year left on his deal and valued at less then 2.5m according to TransferMarket. Different type of player from Barisic but looks solid and would potentially be good competition/rotation.

He can whip in a decent cross from what I've seen of him.

100% a lot of folk forgetting around Christmas time/ January that he was making one match-winning contribution after another.
At a really critical time for our league winning aspirations he really stepped up and made a difference. I’d say he has the most potential out of any of the young players in our team- I’d rather sell Kamara, Aribo, Barasic than Hagi.
Are you forgetting the amount of assists borna got last season??

IMHO, quite a bit of this summer`s work with the players we have and the players we sign will be geared to reaching the CL group stages. Getting that money will settle quite a few finance experts` nerves.

Agree DB.

Securing CL Group stages could net us 30m net, so cannot be ignored, as it effectively equates to two really good player sales.

I guess only the club will know how that equation works.

The Ivanusec comment relates simply to a few of us who liked him at Lokomotive Zagreb. I think Dynamo signed him from them for 2.5-3.0m.

Reactions: cav
I think it’s more to do with this being the best time to sell Borna to maximise the incoming fee due to his age.

Fwiw, I think he’ll do a Papac and stay at Rangers till he winds down.
Said that myself, can see Borna retiring with us as long as he keeps up these performances for another 3/4 seasons.

I still think even in the 2nd leg with 11 players on the pitch we looked miles off them, they weren’t much better technically than us so I thought it really showed how much more athletic we need to get
They were streetwise and we fell into their trap at Ibrox with the fouls and letting them slow the game down. Sure after Roofe got sent off Patterson had a great chance to equalise but game was done the minute Balogun got sent off. The away leg we played well in 2nd half and could have came away with the win with the chances we had that night. The thing I took from the Prague game was for Europe we need to upgrade our midfield as injuries at the time meant we had to play Davis more than we normally would.

The midfield we have at present is fine for domestic football but we do really need to get 1 or 2 bits of quality in there if we want to even think about champions league football next season.

Even then we would still have quite a lot in that area with Kent, Roofe, Itten, Wright, Sakala, Hagi and Osayi-Samuel essentially fighting over 2 positions.

I am not saying we should not pursue the deal, obviously it’s a massive upgrade on the players you have mentioned, just it’s a lot of players all the same.
Something I'd be glad to see. When the likes of Jack and Arfield were out our bench was still pretty light in terms of our midfield and,for me, I want to see good pace throughout the team.

I think one of the biggest benefactors of Rangers adding some genuine pace to the squad will be Ianis Hagi . He has the impulse, vision , and skills to cut teams open .

we already have Fashion Sakala coming and it’s quite possible more pace is on the wanted list .
I still say Hagi is better through the middle and use our pacier players round about him.

They were streetwise and we fell into their trap at Ibrox with the fouls and letting them slow the game down. Sure after Roofe got sent off Patterson had a great chance to equalise but game was done the minute Balogun got sent off. The away leg we played well in 2nd half and could have came away with the win with the chances we had that night. The thing I took from the Prague game was for Europe we need to upgrade our midfield as injuries at the time meant we had to play Davis more than we normally would.

The midfield we have at present is fine for domestic football but we do really need to get 1 or 2 bits of quality in there if we want to even think about champions league football next season.
Yeah I agree about the midfield, think our priority should be 2 centre mids to take us up a level

Spot on Cav.

Yip,player very highly rated by some knowledgeable posters on here in what seems a long time ago now.

Not surprised he's breaking into the national side,he's the future of what is an aeging side mostly.

Can't help but think we should have pursued him previously,but whether he'd have kicked on the same getting booted up and down at a young age is up for debate.

Yip,player very highly rated by some knowledgeable posters on here in what seems a long time ago now.

Not surprised he's breaking into the national side,he's the future of what is an aeging side mostly.

Can't help but think we should have pursued him previously,but whether he'd have kicked on the same getting booted up and down at a young age is up for debate.

Yes, he seemed to play more centrally then, but I’m sure that will probably return at this advanced level as he develops.

Really good goal scoring record, with 1 in 3 for a midfielder for Croatia / U21’s Cav.

Reactions: cav

Yeah, as @Grigo Yossarian said we missed the boat with Ivanusec when he left Lokamotiv for Zagreb.
I have it in my head the fee quoted was 2 million with add ons he went for but I could be wrong.

Zagreb have a habit of tying players down on contracts and being notoriously difficult to deal with for any of their better players.

listening to talksport this morning, would Townsend on a free be a good signing?

Andros Townsend ? he was on about 60k a week with Palace - i dare say there will be other EPL / Top level championship teams who would offer similar. which i would suggest will put us out the market - however he is a decent player and has played at the top level for a good few years.

Andros Townsend ? he was on about 60k a week with Palace - i dare say there will be other EPL / Top level championship teams who would offer similar. which i would suggest will put us out the market - however he is a decent player and has played at the top level for a good few years.
Yes bud, wages might be an issue but he has no offers at the moment

Yes bud, wages might be an issue but he has no offers at the moment

Wouldn't be so sure he has no offers - he may just be biding his time (or looking for a better offer) - I think we will see a lot more player movement when the Euros are concluded / much further down the line.

Forward Roko Simic has renewed his contract with Lokomotiva Zagreb. Hw is the son of former Croatian national team player Dario Simic

Are you forgetting the amount of assists borna got last season??
No, I just think with his age, he’s probably peaked, and now would be a reasonable time to sell for decent money. I’d rather keep both of them to be fair.

Still got another good 4 years in him I would be looking to keep him and sell someone else if needed.
Heaven forbid he leaves because it will leave a massive hole in our team which will be hard to replace without spending big money.
No, I just think with his age, he’s probably peaked, and now would be a reasonable time to sell for decent money. I’d rather keep both of them to be fair.
@Graemelins

Wonder how much Joel Pohjanpalo would cost. The big Finn striker. Think he’s a Leverkusen player.

Liked what I’ve seen of him.

See Norwich linked with Steven Berghuis....cracking player id love to see at us
Available for €4 million due to a clause in his contract but the fact he is 29 wouldnt fit in with our model unfortunately talented player though without question

Available for €4 million due to a clause in his contract but the fact he is 29 wouldnt fit in with our model unfortunately talented player though without question

The type of player that if Buff was to leave you'd say is probably worth the outlay knowing he'd likely help us to win the league and secure champions League direct entry. At that modest fee though he will have some big wage offers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back