Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I attempted to start a thread on this but it got pulled. Anyone heard anything about Gerrard taking the Spurs job? I've had a couple of Spurs supporting mates ask me about it this morning, and his odds have tumbled from 25/1 to 4/1 (appreciate that doesn't mean an awful lot).

I attempted to start a thread on this but it got pulled. Anyone heard anything about Gerrard taking the Spurs job? I've had a couple of Spurs supporting mates ask me about it this morning, and his odds have tumbled from 25/1 to 4/1 (appreciate that doesn't mean an awful lot).
The manager away to Spurs and our star striker away to Porto.
We're doomed, doomed.

One more season, Alfredo.

Then I’ll say the same next summer. One player I don’t want to lose.

I don’t think we can afford to lose him just now. We need to consolidate and win the league for auto champions league next season whilst hopefully qualifying for this seasons competition. He’s too important.

You started a thread merely on betting odds really.

Aye tell your mates that most managers have knocked their shit side back already.

Gerrard won’t be going either

The thread being pulled was the answer to your question.

Gerrard himself has said he wants more success at Rangers.

There is virtually no chance of him leaving before next summer, even then it’s not a given.

Aye mate. Lotta shite.

He’s not going to improve in Scotland playing against guys that he’s already better than and that are camped in their own box for the whole game. Then you can apply your argument to our UCL games.

It’s also a move that doesn’t make much sense for us as he isn’t better than Davis currently. I said this in another thread but we either need to sign an upgrade or someone that’s going to be that upgrade in a seasons time.
You think we are signing better than gilmour this summer?really

You think we are signing better than gilmour this summer?really
Gilmour is immensely talented and the best prospect Scotland have produced since Barry Ferguson.

That being said, the player he is now doesn’t knock Davis out of the team and considering that we would only have him for a year then there are definitely better options available to Rangers.

The best case scenario of a Billy Gilmour loan deal is that he comes up and contributes to a title win and secures UCL football for the following season, there are countless options available to us that can do exactly the same thing and see the club either profit from the deal or end up with stability in that position long term.

Just thinking aloud here but what if we sell Kamara for £10M+ and replace him with Gilmour on loan? We get an instant replacement who can hit the ground running and it buys us a year to get a longer term replacement for Kamara?

Chelsea usually look for loan fees but it could be that instead we waive the additional costs which we are due based on the adds on in the contract?

Gerrard himself has said he wants more success at Rangers.

There is virtually no chance of him leaving before next summer, even then it’s not a given.

Agreed there is no chance of Gerrard leaving anytime soon. And I would say there's a chance he may be around for another 2 or even 3 years. Klopp dependent.

Gilmour is immensely talented and the best prospect Scotland have produced since Barry Ferguson.

That being said, the player he is now doesn’t knock Davis out of the team and considering that we would only have him for a year then there are definitely better options available to Rangers.

The best case scenario of a Billy Gilmour loan deal is that he comes up and contributes to a title win and secures UCL football for the following season, there are countless options available to us that can do exactly the same thing and see the club either profit from the deal or end up with stability in that position long term.
Are you wanting/expecting Davis to play 50 off games next season?
I’ve just watched Gilmour against England and he was best midfielder on pitch.
We could only dream of getting Gilmour tbh.

He’s not going to improve in Scotland playing against guys that he’s already better than and that are camped in their own box for the whole game. Then you can apply your argument to our UCL games.

It’s also a move that doesn’t make much sense for us as he isn’t better than Davis currently. I said this in another thread but we either need to sign an upgrade or someone that’s going to be that upgrade in a seasons time.

For the exact reason you give is why a move to us makes sense.

At us he will have to get on the ball, have lots of it and he will be under pressure constantly to make something happen.

You can't replicate that at Norwich.

I am not saying it will happen, but for me the Spurs job is exactly the sort of job that could be Gerrards next move if not directly to Liverpool.

I think it's just empty speculation but have to be honest and say a small part of me could see it being possible.

I am 99 percent certain he stays next year. But a club with a budget with no direct rivalry to Liverpool might be something that is consideration to the the gaffer at some stage.

The ideal situation is that we sign an upgrade on Davis now in the knowledge that he will have a season to bed in properly with no real pressure on him because we know Davis can do the job very well.

I don’t really see the benefit in giving the same privilege to a Chelsea player, it would be different if he was miles above Davis but the reality is he is a inexperienced young player who will definitely have consistency issues, he hasn’t actually played enough for that to consistency to be an issue yet.

The ideal situation is that we sign an upgrade on Davis now in the knowledge that he will have a season to bed in properly with no real pressure on him because we know Davis can do the job very well.

I don’t really see the benefit in giving the same privilege to a Chelsea player, it would be different if he was miles above Davis but the reality is he is a inexperienced young player who will definitely have consistency issues, he hasn’t actually played enough for that to consistency to be an issue yet.

Would allow us to replace Kamara for a year while spending money elsewhere.
We likely need 2 midfielders, we can't afford to spend big money on both.

Just thinking aloud here but what if we sell Kamara for £10M+ and replace him with Gilmour on loan? We get an instant replacement who can hit the ground running and it buys us a year to get a longer term replacement for Kamara?

Chelsea usually look for loan fees but it could be that instead we waive the additional costs which we are due based on the adds on in the contract?
Was thinking this last night, but we have to demand more for Kamara (or camera according to bbc).

Would allow us to replace Kamara for a year while spending money elsewhere.
We likely need 2 midfielders, we can't afford to spend big money on both.
Chelsea wouldn’t send Gilmour to Scotland to play out of position.

They see him as a 6, Kamara doesn’t play as one for us.

Also, this season is the only one in recent memory where we can put all of our resources into one area, the midfield is the main area we need to strengthen and we can afford to go with what we have elsewhere.

We, 100% need another midfielder, 2 if we lose Kamara.

BG would be a great signing and ideal to play with or instead of Davis.

It’s the only area of the park that needs some investment. The other areas can be one in one out.
It's not much of an investment, a one season loan. Leaves us no better off at the end of the season.

Kent is a winger, Gilmour is a 6. It’s completely different.

I find it embarrassing that a lot of our support are desperate for a development loan that wouldn’t even see the first 11 improve, Davis is better than him.

now that’s a bold statement that Gilmour wouldn’t improve our first XI

ask yourself this would it be worth spending (random number) 2m on a loan fee if he helps secure the league (guarantees 30m CL money) the answer is 100% yes.

suppose the question for Gilmour and Chelsea is where would he develop better playing for a Norwich in presumably a relegation scrap in the EPL or playing up here in europe (potentially champions league) if recent form is to go by at worst Europa league later stages and being expected to win every week and hopefully infront of 50k fans.

not sure where he will end up as ultimately it boils down to the above.

I’m hoping we’re past the days of developing players for EPL clubs. The Gilmour rumour is not a good one for me.
Agree actually mate. We would have to guarantee him playing most games. The only loans we should have are established players just not currently getting a game.

ask yourself this would it be worth spending (random number) 2m on a loan fee if he helps secure the league (guarantees 30m CL money) the answer is 100% yes.

suppose the question for Gilmour and Chelsea is where would he develop better playing for a Norwich in presumably a relegation scrap in the EPL or playing up here in europe (potentially champions league) if recent form is to go by at worst Europa league later stages and being expected to win every week and hopefully infront of 50k fans.

You need to weigh up whether potentially 6 CL games is more beneficial than 30 PL games though.

It’s an even bolder statement to say that he does, he’s played less than 20 career games
and we just saw Steven Davis produce one of the best individual seasons from a Rangers midfielder in our history.

Kamara and Jack are completely irrelevant to the conversation as the hypothetical becomes impossible once you have him in the team out of the position Chelsea would want him in.

The hypothetical £2m loan fee would be better spend on a player that will grow to be better than Davis rather than a temporary rotation option.

You need to weigh up whether potentially 6 CL games is more beneficial than 30 PL games though.

I agree and that’s the question 6 / 8 champions league games 4 old firm games so 10/12 top level (no laughing) games compared to 25/30 games for Norwich - would he learn more from working with Gerrard and McAllister than working with Daniel Farke who Tuchel seems friendly with and likes his playing style.

I don’t think it will come down to money (ie who’s paying the biggest loan fee) Chelsea see Gilmour as part of that midfield as where Kent for example was never going to play first team football for Liverpool and it was about maximising money in both loan fee / clauses and ultimately selling price.

Just on the first point there - I wouldn't write off the idea that Davis will play in 50-plus games this season. He looks as fit and sharp as he's ever been.

It might not happen, but we've been talking about this since he came back and he's shown no signs of needing rested at any time.

It’s an even bolder statement to say that he does, he’s played less than 20 career games
and we just saw Steven Davis produce one of the best individual seasons from a Rangers midfielder in our history.

Kamara and Jack are completely irrelevant to the conversation as the hypothetical becomes impossible once you have him in the team out of the position Chelsea would want him in.

The hypothetical £2m loan fee would be better spend on a player that will grow to be better than Davis rather than a temporary rotation option.
The last part in that is spot on if you can find a player better than Steven Davis and Billy Gilmour and he can be bought for under 2m then that is the way to go … I would however suggest there are not many of those about? Even those potentially better than both I’d suggest will already be a lot more than £2m

Father Time will catch up with Davis like us all at some time - he is 36 soon to be 37 and last season he was phenomenal I have no doubt we didn’t expect him to play 49 games last season as at his age I would say that’s unsustainable and unrealistic.

just to go back to your original point - a player we have been mentioned with recently Ali McCann say St Johnstone want 1.5m ish (wouldn’t say that’s unrealistic) would you rather sign him with the potential in 4 years he could be better than Davis ? Or take Gilmour for 12 months knowing he is ready now to step in?

So you don't want us to bring Gilmour in on loan because in your opinion Davis is a better player at the moment but you think we can buy an upgrade on Davis just now. Who is this player we can afford on our budget that is a better player than Gilmour and Steven Davis? You wouldn't get much change out of £10m if you wanted to buy Billy Gilmour this summer.

The last part in that is spot on if you can find a player better than Steven Davis and Billy Gilmour and he can be bought for under 2m then that is the way to go … I would however suggest there are not many of those about? Even those potentially better than both I’d suggest will already be a lot more than £2m

Father Time will catch up with Davis like us all at some time - he is 36 soon to be 37 and last season he was phenomenal I have no doubt we didn’t expect him to play 49 games last season as at his age I would say that’s unsustainable and unrealistic.

just to go back to your original point - a player we have been mentioned with recently Ali McCann say St Johnstone want 1.5m ish (wouldn’t say that’s unrealistic) would you rather sign him with the potential in 4 years he could be better than Davis ? Or take Gilmour for 12 months knowing he is ready now to step in?
Ozcan on a free is a better option for Rangers both short term and long term.

Hamer is a better long term option and is within budget.

Veerman is a better short and long term option although he is at the top end of where our budget can stretch.

There’s three examples straight away and they’re players that have been linked to us by the press, there will be countless others out there.

Gilmour will go on to be a better player than anyone I’ve mentioned there but he won’t hit those heights in the upcoming season.

So you don't want us to bring Gilmour in on loan because in your opinion Davis is a better player at the moment but you think we can buy an upgrade on Davis just now. Who is this player we can afford on our budget that is a better player than Gilmour and Steven Davis? You wouldn't get much change out of £10m if you wanted to buy Billy Gilmour this summer.
Gilmour has a very high value because of his potential and the club he is at.

Rangers can comfortably afford a player that is capable of delivering what Gilmour would this season.

We are talking about a 20 year old with fewer than 20 career appearances, he isn’t 02/03 Barry Ferguson.

Chelsea wouldn’t send Gilmour to Scotland to play out of position.

They see him as a 6, Kamara doesn’t play as one for us.

Also, this season is the only one in recent memory where we can put all of our resources into one area, the midfield is the main area we need to strengthen and we can afford to go with what we have elsewhere.
I love cunts that think they know how Chelsea see Gilmour or know what Chelsea will do. They may very well view him as a 6 and see Norwich as a better loan... but you know %^*& all so stop writing your opinion as if it's factual

I love cunts that think they know how Chelsea see Gilmour or know what Chelsea will do. They may very well view him as a 6 and see Norwich as a better loan... but you know %^*& all so stop writing your opinion as if it's factual

Ok, but please stop referring to people as cunts then.

It is common knowledge that they see him as a 6 because that’s where they play him whenever he gets on the pitch.

One of the reports linking him to Porto said 1.2M EURO a year which is around £20,000 per week. Thought he would be on more given the amount of extensions he's signed
From what I've read Morelos is on £33,000 a week at Rangers. That's £1.7 million a year.

Gilmour has a very high value because of his potential and the club he is at.

Rangers can comfortably afford a player that is capable of delivering what Gilmour would this season.

We are talking about a 20 year old with fewer than 20 career appearances, he isn’t 02/03 Barry Ferguson.

Gilmour has already bossed games at CL level and just walked into his first start for Scotland at Wembley against England on Friday and dominated the midfield.

I don't think you quite grasp how good a player he is and how good the players he is behind at Chelsea are and how that is irrelevant to comparing him to our players.

Gilmour has already bossed games at CL level and just walked into his first start for Scotland at Wembley against England on Friday and dominated the midfield.

I don't think you quite grasp how good a player he is and how good the players he is behind at Chelsea are and how that is irrelevant to comparing him to our players.
Gilmour has played 95 minutes in the UCL, a full 90 in a 1-1 draw against Krasnodar and the last 5 minutes when they were 4-0 up against Sevilla.

Let’s not lie to win an internet argument please.

The reality is this season is worth around 70m to us. Qualifying for CL then winning league to qualify direct next season. Its a huge season. We need to make sure we get the quality right

Gilmour has played 95 minutes in the UCL, a full 90 in a 1-1 draw against Krasnodar and the last 5 minutes when they were 4-0 up against Sevilla.

Let’s not lie to win an internet argument please.

Are you going to keep digging or just admit you're having a mare?

''Billy Gilmour picked up the man of the match award tonight against Krasnodar in his first start for Chelsea since July.

The Scottish midfielder had already won MOTM awards in the FA Cup and Premier League, and he now adds the Champions League to his collection.

That means he’s had 7 starts for the Chelsea senior team, winning 3 MOTM awards along the way. That’s simply sensational.''

Are you going to keep digging or just admit you're having a mare?

''Billy Gilmour picked up the man of the match award tonight against Krasnodar in his first start for Chelsea since July.

The Scottish midfielder had already won MOTM awards in the FA Cup and Premier League, and he now adds the Champions League to his collection.

That means he’s had 7 starts for the Chelsea senior team, winning 3 MOTM awards along the way. That’s simply sensational.''
Him getting a motm against Krasnodar is an ok argument to make.

“He’s already bossing games in the UCL” is extremely misleading at best considering he has only played 1 game against very poor opposition in which they failed to win.

People who don't want billy gilmour are mad. Even if he's not considered a starting 11 for some people, when have we ever gone through a season without injuries and suspensions? He'll play a lot of football. Jack and Arfield pick up injuries, Davis could be on his last season. We need at least 2 centre mids.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back