Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe the lack of optimism I've seen on here since the title was won tbh. Especially given the nick our neighbours are currently in.

I had a bit of a moan in the thread earlier on, but on the main I'm happy with the direction of the club atm. Some folk literally post a screed of negative pish about the club on a daily basis. Dunno how they can be arsed following a football team, seems a hardship to them.

We are teetering on the brink of crisis and only being held together by Gerrard B-)

I can't believe the lack of optimism I've seen on here since the title was won tbh. Especially given the nick our neighbours are currently in.

I had a bit of a moan in the thread earlier on, but on the main I'm happy with the direction of the club atm. Some folk literally post a screed of negative pish about the club on a daily basis. Dunno how they can be arsed following a football team, seems a hardship to them.
Tune it out. Take from it the positive bits. Plenty of like minded positive supporters.

I am genuinely excited by the prospect of signing Veerman, but would prefer to wait for a club comment than rely on random postings here. Are we in for him or not?

Okay I'll bite. From what I understand is there is a offer on the table. Heerenveen wants as much as possible which is understandable. The boy wants to move, obviously because he will be on a much better wage.
I am NOT ITK, just what I heard, I actually heard it was going to be done as the player wanted to move to us.
This is what I THINK is going on...
We have made an offer below Heerenveens valuation, The boy wants to move and wants the club to accept the offer. Rangers want to pay as little as possible and Heerenveen want to get the biggest fee they can. Heerenveen are therefore in no rush as maybe another club will come in and get close to the 8.5 million they are asking.
Are we really after him? The fact that Rangers are not coming out and saying there is nothing in this speaks volumes.
IMO I think a common ground will be found but Wilson will not be taken for a fool and it will be maybe be up to Joey to keep pressing Heerenveen to accept our offer.
This could drag out a little longer

The Club seems to get it in the neck no matter what it does.
Is it any wonder the impression given by the Club is a weary resignation that some people are never happy no matter what we do.

I'd accept that tbh. A million quid for a youth player who's only had a few loans to the Scottish Championship and doesn't want to be here is good money.

Make sure we get a 10% sell on in there and it's a good deal I'd say.
If West Ham want anybody then he’s worth a lot more than a million,

Still a pish joke though :))
Quite weird that my other half calls me hun all the time, as do all my close female friends :p
I don't live in The Republic Of Scotland though, therefore a difference in the perception of the word is explicable in my case.

Notwithstanding, the joke is still pish ;)

Years ago somebody posted a photo of
Craig Bellamy (I think) getting kicked in the face. At the time fans of other teams posted on here as well, openly. Everybody was having a good laugh at it when a celtic fan posted "that's Robbie Savage, ya daft huns"

It has been repeated on here ever since in cases of mistaken identity.

So that's the joke.

Some of the mood change seems to have coincided with the optimism that has started to grow around Big Ange from the other half of the Old Firm. It seems like some imposters are now creeping back out from the rock they hid under for most of last season.
Fair point, hadn’t considered that

Been out all day, came back to incessant negativity and had to check have we just won 55 and are they club that is a shambles.

Years ago somebody posted a photo of
Craig Bellamy (I think) getting kicked in the face. At the time fans of other teams posted on here as well, openly. Everybody was having a good laugh at it when a celtic fan posted "that's Robbie Savage, ya daft huns"

It has been repeated on here ever since in cases of mistaken identity.

So that's the joke.
OK, still a pish joke IMO. Each to their own if they find it hilarious though.

Not to mention the binfires regarding tickets, kits, court cases, everything else basically.

24/7 draining negativity. And all this after a successful season.

No one says don't question things but it's just so tiring.
Yep, tiring. Very draining.

We’re in a great place and every reason to be optimistic for the season(s) ahead

Fair point, hadn’t considered that

Been out all day, came back to incessant negativity and had to check have we just won 55 and are they club that is a shambles.
I just wish people didn't use Celtic as a measurement for our own levels of confidence, good or bad!

Enjoy that they are in major transition, but don't rely on them dropping points and making it easier for us.

We are Rangers.

We are the champions.

We are the invincible champions.

My confidence in us winning the league isn't based on how Celtic are, and it doesn't fluctuate depending on if Celtic win a game or lose a game and I wish others posters would focus on us.

So let's all put down our swords, unite, stand together and ask.... "Where's Veerman?"

I just wish people didn't use Celtic as a measurement for our own levels of confidence, good or bad!

Enjoy that they are in major transition, but don't rely on them dropping points and making it easier for us.

We are Rangers.

We are the champions.

My confidence in us winning the league isn't based on how Celtic are, and it doesn't fluctuate depending on if they win a game or lose a game and I wish others posters would focus on us.

So let's all put down our swords, unite, stand together and ask.... "Where's Veerman?"
I’m just here for the Veer.

• Haha
Reactions: fmp
Don't think anyone should be wetting the bed about the lack of transfer rumours,nobody knew anything about our last signing from Sheffield utd until he was paraded with a scarf above his head,the media in general know jack shite about what's happening at Ibrox.

We are Rangers.

We are the champions.

My confidence in us winning the league isn't based on how Celtic are, and it doesn't fluctuate depending on if they win a game or lose a game and I wish others posters would focus on us.

Agreed.

He's the player to take Rangers to another level above and I believe Gerrard knows that.

c****c? Well, they are merely a side show.

They have half a squad and an unproven, absolute gamble of a manager yet they are more positive going into the season than most cunts on here it seems, despite us just walking the league unbeaten. Some right depressing bastards on here.

Agreed.

He's the player to take Rangers to another level above and I believe Gerrard knows that.

c****c? Well, they are merely a side show.

He really would be, and hopefully would become the 'new standard'

And a few more players like him means we can bleed a few more youngsters into the first team knowing the likes of Veerman etc can carry the team as we develop our own talent

The youths will have a tough time breaking through, but with better players in the starting 11 they can actually get more opportunities

Okay I'll bite. From what I understand is there is a offer on the table. Heerenveen wants as much as possible which is understandable. The boy wants to move, obviously because he will be on a much better wage.
I am NOT ITK, just what I heard, I actually heard it was going to be done as the player wanted to move to us.
We have made an offer below Heerenveens valuation, The boy wants to move and wants the club to accept the offer. Rangers want to pay as little as possible and Heerenveen want to get the biggest fee they can. Heerenveen are therefore in no rush as maybe another club will come in and get close to the 8.5 million they are asking.
Are we really after him? The fact that Rangers are not coming out and saying there is nothing in this speaks volumes.
IMO I think a common ground will be found but Wilson will not be taken for a fool and it will be maybe be up to Joey to keep pressing Heerenveen to accept our offer.
A bit like Porto's interest in Alfie then.

If folk think it’s bad on here go check out the rangers rumours site . Look for all the bluebells are blues posts . Supposedly we’re signing Andy carrol origi Cahill and veerman if we qualify for the champions league . And goldson an airfield are away to West Brom there a different breed on that website I tell ye

He's one of us anyway. I reckon he would be pretty reliable. Was the rangers correspondent for the press association last year
Steviebluenose is also one of us, why would you believe a daily record journo over Stevie from here.

Not trying to be arsed just wondering what that Journos credit are?

We are Rangers.

We are the champions.

My confidence in us winning the league isn't based on how Celtic are, and it doesn't fluctuate depending on if Celtic win a game or lose a game and I wish others posters would focus on us.

So if celtic lose their first 4 games in any season you don't get more confident of winning the league?

See that last part, only focus on that the entire season and you don't need to worry about what they do
We don't play for or manage Rangers, our confidence in no way affects the outcome of the season.

I get your overall message, I just struggle to believe that celtic consistently failing to pick up points wouldn't result in your confidence of lifting the title growing.

They have half a squad and an unproven, absolute gamble of a manager yet they are more positive going into the season than most cunts on here it seems, despite us just walking the league unbeaten. Some right depressing bastards on here.
There the type that will be giving it " get the baw in the box" I wank dugs " ect the first game at Ibrox when we're not 2 goals up after 15 mins

I accept that I shouldn't have said it, however considering I was paraphrasing a joke from the old board I'm not sure why anyone would ever think that I was intentionally calling anyone that or trying to get a rise put of anyone, which I clearly have.
Don't apologise for %^*& all, its not your fault if people are too thick to understand your post.

A bit like Porto's interest in Alfie then.
First thing that sprung to mind for me too. Every buying club are going to lowball offers and the selling club are well within their rights to refuse.
Hopefully common sense prevails and something is worked out.

We don't play for or manage Rangers, our confidence in no way affects the outcome of the season.

I get your overall message, I just struggle to believe that celtic consistently failing to pick up points wouldn't result in your confidence of lifting the title growing.
Are you saying the fans don't have an influence?

Fans can encourage the club and can put pressure on a club not just by attending games or by throwing sharks at the team bus, but social media and the general discourse.

I have seen too many posters on here already setting us up to 'wipe the floor with them', 'they will struggle to finish 2nd' and 'they are worse than last year'.

If they base their confidence on not just how bad Celtic are, but how 'utterly hopeless' Celtic are, then they may be in for a shock when it's a tighter race by Christmas than they expected and will vent at Rangers for not playing better and not signing this guy and that guy and it can put pressure on the club via social media, all because they are convinced it's going to be the easiest season yet (as they think Celtic are worse than last year)

I know typing on a forum doesn't have a direct impact on how a player prepares and executes a game, but what I can do is try and keep fans to have realistic expectations and not moan on Rangers twitter and put pressure on the club all because they had an unreasonable expectation for the season based on how bad they think Celtic are.

Focus on us.

This notion may be naive but when push comes to shove I will till this ground

What you read is rarely informed opinion. It is usually I’ll informed gossip. In Scotland we love to write stories that knock people down.

Kai was on loan in Inverness. I know someone closely connected with the coaching staff. They had nothing but positive comments about his ability and attitude and said he was very keen to learn.

Said he was a hard worker at training and always willing to listen. I don’t know any more than that but that is 100% genuine.

Be sad to see him leave before we know if he has the talent to make it with us.
That’s fair enough but I’m sure you will agree that Steven Gerrard commenting on your ego is not a good look and neither is KK’s thinly veiled “come and get me” reply to the alleged West Ham approach.
We shouldn't be reading quotes from youth players, it’s ridiculous.

Are you saying the fans don't have an influence?

Fans can encourage the club and can put pressure on a club not just by attending games or by throwing sharks at the team bus, but social media and the general discourse.

I have seen too many posters on here already setting us up to 'wipe the floor with them', 'they will struggle to finish 2nd' and 'they are worse than last year'.

If they base their confidence on not just how bad Celtic are, but how 'utterly hopeless' Celtic are, then they may be in for a shock when it's a tighter race by Christmas than they expected and will vent at Rangers for not playing better and not signing this guy and that guy and it can put pressure on the club via social media, all because they are convinced it's going to be the easiest season yet (as they think Celtic are worse than last year)

I know typing on a forum doesn't have a direct impact on how a player prepares and executes a game, but what I can do is try and keep fans to have realistic expectations and not moan on Rangers twitter and put pressure on the club all because they had an unreasonable expectation for the season based on how bad they think Celtic are.

Focus on us.

This notion may be naive but when push comes to shove I will till this ground
Fair enough mate, you do you and if Celtic drop points regularly I'll do me and allow my self to get carried away. I may even allow my self to laugh my arse of at their season slipping away from them in spectacular fashion.

And if they manage to turn it around I'm willing to accept the emotional crash that comes with it.

Why some people can’t wrap their heads round the fact we will lose good players for high fees is beyond me, the absolute carry on when someone gets linked with moving away is pathetic.

He must stay, he can’t leave etc etc, he is irreplaceable blah blah. pathetic.

Buying low and selling higher is the model that will see us become sustainable. People need to grow up and accept that.
Agree totally but when you think that oforoboh is a potential replacement for Kamara and he is out causes issues.

I'd rather we sold early and made moves early than wait until qualifiers which has let our neighbours down so much over the years

OK, still a pish joke IMO. Each to their own if they find it hilarious though.

It's just one of the many Follow Follow memes that have built up over the years, many of them around transfer news.

It's Robbie Savage
Seen in Homebase
He's no Finnish he's 27
He'll score for fun up here
I have a large collection of butt-plugs
He's 13 stone and pretty fit

. . . and many, many more, as they used to say on the old K-Tel records adverts.

Just the usual stuff that builds up in any community or group of friends. Like any meme, flogging the dead horse gets a smile/groan from those that recognise it, and those that don't recognise it or are sick of it think (probably correctly) that it's shite patter.

I'm sure a lot of the 55 memes like Sharkhead will stick around long enough to join the mystifying shite patter list in years to come. Which is nice.

Fair enough mate, you do you and if Celtic drop points regularly I'll do me and allow my self to get carried away. I may even allow my self to laugh my arse of at their season slipping away from them in spectacular fashion.

And if they manage to turn it around I'm willing to accept the emotional crash that comes with it.
I can understand you doing that 'if' Celtic drop points

There are posters on here who already have them dropping enough points to finish 3rd before the season even starts

It's just one of the many Follow Follow memes that have built up over the years, many of them around transfer news.

It's Robbie Savage
Seen in Homebase
He's no Finnish he's 27
He'll score for fun up here
I have a large collection of butt-plugs
He's 13 stone and pretty fit

. . . and many, many more, as they used to say on the old K-Tel records adverts.

Just the usual stuff that builds up in any community or group of friends. Like any meme, flogging the dead horse gets a smile/groan from those that recognise it, and those that don't recognise it or are sick of it think (probably correctly) that it's shite patter.

I'm sure a lot of the 55 memes like Sharkhead will stick around long enough to join the mystifying shite patter list in years to come. Which is nice.
It was round about the time of Buckfast Boaby and Bun McGale. Amazing.

Our confidence DOES impact the team. The press will try and play on any weakness we show as fans. They use our expectations to put pressure on the players and management alike.

The atmosphere in Ibrox in games pre-55 70 minutes into the game with the score at 0-0? Tension in the air you would need a welding torch to cut though.

I strongly hope we all will show greater confidence in the team, and relax a bit more... But guarenteed the "this is our most important season ever!" brigade will be out in force having a tantrum at every dropped points (just as they were on here last year in our record breaking year).

Forums is fine, but when we are in the stands out energy ABSOLUTELY feeds onto the field and our players. Let's not allow the opposition to restart operation "keep a 0-0 until 70 minutes and get the home fans on their own players backs" - a tactic several opponents have openly talked about! The players and management have earned our respect, trust, and frankly love. Let's make sure we do them proud and support them well, as out attitude can and will effect them!

let say all this is true, it's a fine line between a low ball offer and an insulting offer, I'd like us to get him, I think we should go all out if the reports on gerrard really liking veerman is true, lets see how it plays out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back