Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those out there "Demanding" that we sign more Quality need to consider it from the other side.

Why sign for Rangers ?

The SPFL is poor and full of cloggers who will injure you for fun

4 Games v scum might have been a big draw before but no longer since rise of EPL / CL TV coverage.

Money - read all the posts above, there is NO money in SPFL when compared to other leagues

The only thing we offer is exposure and experience in European Competition

I am in no doubt we have offers "in Principle" with players who may only join if we achieve CL Footy - or a minimum of EL ??

Footballers don't sign for teams simply because the manager is a name - these managers can go in a season and a 3 year contract doesn't expire if manager changes - See scum Rodgers signings.

So i don't expect any money signings until we know a clear path in this years European adventure

Ask men like Defoe, Borna, Tav and Sakala why you should sign for Rangers, they will give you the answer.

Today?? some of the stuff you read on this forum makes you wonder how the people who wrote it are actual functioning members of society.

Some full on heavy duty dafties post on this forum, one flew over the cuckoos nest type daft.
Didn’t you essentially say Roofe was a liability not long ago? :p

Personal opinion, we are shy of 2 or 3 real pieces of quality before the window closes before the we can compete in Europe.

this isn’t about celtic, we need to measure ourselves in Europe not the league we are in.

1 x right sided CB, 1 x midfielders and 1 up top for me to be really solid.

big caveat to that is getting rid of players who are now not rangers class to compete in Europe.

3 x CB for me there at the moment are not good enough, 2 x midfield can’t be relied on and 2 up top for me I wouldn’t play

football is performance sports and not time for sentiment

We have until 29th July to register our squad for Malmo/Helsinki. I think we will sneak in a signing before that, and IF we win, another to come in imo

We have until 29th July to register our squad for Malmo/Helsinki. I think we will sneak in a signing before that, and IF we win, another to come in imo

Even if we did make a signing they almost certainly wouldn’t be involved against Malmö. Before you consider potential quarantine there isn’t time to get them integrated.

I suspect it’s going to be a long wait to see who else comes in and may depend on outgoings first sadly.

Even if we did make a signing they almost certainly wouldn’t be involved against Malmö. Before you consider potential quarantine there isn’t time to get them integrated.

I suspect it’s going to be a long wait to see who else comes in and may depend on outgoings first sadly.
What's the quarantine protocol? Is it all dependant on the country they come from, or a blanket rule?

Okay I'll bite. From what I understand is there is a offer on the table. Heerenveen wants as much as possible which is understandable. The boy wants to move, obviously because he will be on a much better wage.
I am NOT ITK, just what I heard, I actually heard it was going to be done as the player wanted to move to us.
This is what I THINK is going on...
We have made an offer below Heerenveens valuation, The boy wants to move and wants the club to accept the offer. Rangers want to pay as little as possible and Heerenveen want to get the biggest fee they can. Heerenveen are therefore in no rush as maybe another club will come in and get close to the 8.5 million they are asking.
Are we really after him? The fact that Rangers are not coming out and saying there is nothing in this speaks volumes.
IMO I think a common ground will be found but Wilson will not be taken for a fool and it will be maybe be up to Joey to keep pressing Heerenveen to accept our offer.
This could drag out a little longer
You’ve pretty much described every transfer in the history of football there without actually giving any relevant information.

Steviebluenose is also one of us, why would you believe a daily record journo over Stevie from here.

Not trying to be arsed just wondering what that Journos credit are?

I know Andy personally. He has decent contacts within the club after his time spent as rangers correspondent for the press association.

Glad the club are taking a firm stance with the bids for Kai Kennedy, hopefully learned lessons from the billy gilmour saga.
Two completely different scenarios to be honest.

Kai Kennedy is on a professional contract for another two years, Gilmour hadn't signed a contract as he was too young and by the time he was 16 Chelsea had already offered him and his family life changing terms. There wasn't really an awful lot Rangers could do to persuade him to stay and this was also in the pre-Gerrard days as well.

Glad the club are taking a firm stance with the bids for Kai Kennedy, hopefully learned lessons from the billy gilmour saga.
I still think we should sell for whatever West Ham push to though if the reports of £1m plus bids are true. I imagine that would basically wipe any signing on fees we paid for Lundstrum and Sakala and leave us without a net spend at all so far in the transfer window.

I still think we should sell for whatever West Ham push to though if the reports of £1m plus bids are true. I imagine that would basically wipe any signing on fees we paid for Lundstrum and Sakala and leave us without a net spend at all so far in the transfer window.
You can be sure the signing on fees for the two of them will be much more than £1m

They’d have cost us a lot more than that. Aribo, a lesser known player at the time of his signing, came on just a cross-border compensation deal. Robertson is on record as saying the cost to get that move over the line was circa £2m.

let say all this is true, it's a fine line between a low ball offer and an insulting offer, I'd like us to get him, I think we should go all out if the reports on gerrard really liking veerman is true, lets see how it plays out
The last ITK comment I saw was that if Veerman doesn't sign for us it won't be due to lack of effort on our part.

The last ITK comment I saw was that if Veerman doesn't sign for us it won't be due to lack of effort on our part.

I’ve got no doubt that Rangers will be pulling out all the stops to accommodate Gerrard / Wilson re their signing targets.

Winning the Helsinki / Malmo tie might make things that bit easier for the board.

Why are people posting just “ sigh” one word posts or replies in here now ? Am I missing something is it a young team expression ? What does it mean
Brandon Flowers doesn’t like it if you suggest Celtic aren’t the greatest team in the history of association football and posts this if you point out they’re actually a bit Shit.

This window feels like it's a lot slower than previous summers because it is. This is the result of having a strong, settled squad. Makes for a shite transfer thread though! :D

You're exactly right mate. This time last year Lundstrum would have cost us at least £5mil if we wanted him, probably a fair bit more. Sakala would have cost us a few million as well if he still had a year or more on his contract after the season he's just had.

What we have now though is messageboard drivel by people who aren't happy unless they see millions spent on a fancy name.

Lundstrum and Sakala being free devalues the signings for a lot of people on here and they think we haven't added anything if there hasn't been money spent on them.

Veerman is a classic example. Fancy name and will cost a few bob and people are foaming at the gash about him. I can guarantee you though 99.9% of people desperate for us to sign him will not have seen him play in a single game his whole career.

You're exactly right mate. This time last year Lundstrum would have cost us at least £5mil if we wanted him, probably a fair bit more. Sakala would have cost us a few million as well if he still had a year or more on his contract after the season he's just had.

What we have now though is messageboard drivel by people who aren't happy unless they see millions spent on a fancy name.

Lundstrum and Sakala being free devalues the signings for a lot of people on here and they think we haven't added anything if there hasn't been money spent on them.

Veerman is a classic example. Fancy name and will cost a few bob and people are foaming at the gash about him. I can guarantee you though 99.9% of people desperate for us to sign him will not have seen him play in a single game his whole career.
Lundstram and Sakala will be great signings and even better that they are on Bosmans but people are excited about Veerman because he is a player our scouting staff and management have seen and thought is worth paying a large fee, by our standards, for.

Only natural to get excited about that even if you haven't heard of him before.

"foaming at the gash" lol

I don’t know why people are getting so uptight. We have a fabulous squad, more than capable of beating Malmö or Helsinki.

It’s also been a long standing process of see where Europe takes you and invest in the squad of successful.

There will be players in and players out but we will still be a strong team afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back