Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hearing he holidayed in

Yeah I mentioned that a few days back and I think some bloke starting ranting about Dunfermline spending millions and buying him
Is that what triggered that?.

Sorry mate, your info would have got lost in amongst all the patter and laughter!.

Poor move in my opinion, if true. He's already had loans to two Championship clubs.

He should've waited until the opportunity to join a Premiership club arose. This loan will tell us absolutely nothing about where he's at, that we don't already know.

Hes got time on his side mate. Dunfermline will be challenging for promotion this year. They will be of a standard not too dissimilar to the lower end of the SPFL teams.

Id prefer a move to a Prem team, like you, but guaranteeing you get one, or that you get one with guaranteed playing time, can be difficult.

Poor move in my opinion, if true. He's already had loans to two Championship clubs.

He should've waited until the opportunity to join a Premiership club arose. This loan will tell us absolutely nothing about where he's at, that we don't already know.
Agreed. I thought he’d have been loaned to a St Johnstone or Dundee this season.

Hes got time on his side mate. Dunfermline will be challenging for promotion this year. They will be of a standard not too dissimilar to the lower end of the SPFL teams.

Id prefer a move to a Prem team, like you, but guaranteeing you get one, or that you get one with guaranteed playing time, can be difficult.
I hear that. I just think at this stage, even if he were to go somewhere in the top flight and feature 20-25 times but only 10 of those were starts, I'd say that would be more beneficial than 30 starts in the Championship in my opinion.

Kennedy is the one attracting EPL attention. If Stephen Kelly and now Ben Williamson can attract Premiership clubs for loan spells, then I don't see why KK wouldn't be able to either.

PSV only had 2 Dutch players in their starting lineup
U17B.gif

The other thing to keep in mind about going for Dunfermline over a lower table Premiership side is the mentality/playing style. Dunfermline are going to be challenging for the title and expected to win most matches - similar to ourselves. Going to a Premiership team, he’s more likely to be played in a setup trying not to lose rather than trying to win. I think it has its benefits for some players but for a player like Kennedy, you want him somewhere where he’s more likely to be able to express himself.

I hear that. I just think at this stage, even if he were to go somewhere in the top flight and feature 20-25 times but only 10 of those were starts, I'd say that would be more beneficial than 30 starts in the Championship in my opinion.

Kennedy is the one attracting EPL attention. If Stephen Kelly and now Ben Williamson can attract Premiership clubs for loan spells, then I don't see why KK wouldn't be able to either.
I think it’s because he isn’t ready for that level mate .

I think it’s because he isn’t ready for that level mate .
There were folk on here last season that allegedly know him, he was allegedly saying that he wanted assurances that he'd be part of our first team squad before he signed a new deal.

Also, at 19, there are loads of players a lot younger than Kai featuring regularly in the top flight.

Anyway no matter now. Just seen the move has been officially announced.

I would disagree with your assessment on which would be more beneficial, personally. The Championship in Scotland is a very competitive league. 30 starts there or 10 for a bottom 6 club in the Premiership? Definitely the former in terms of development, I'd argue.

Sure they had Ivan Ilic on loan last season so it's probably him. Here is hoping we are front runners now.
This transfer is going like the Ryan Kent transfer, will he sign or won't he sign, he will end up signing for us, and tbh I think £7 million is a good deal, we have signed 3 players this window, all 3 were bosmans, we haven't spent any money, so why not spend £7 million on a quality player, maybe another £3 of 4 million on another striker, then we should be ready for the new season, that's my opinion anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back