Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a fair point you make mate. I cant remember the last time our youth system looked so promising and ready to contribute significantly to our first team.

Patterson
Kelly
Williamson
Kennedy

Of those 4 its possible 2 or 3 could be regular 1st team players or at least contributers over the next 2/3years.

Then Lindsay potentially after that who looks seriously good whenever ive seen him.
King and Ross too?

I agree with the idea that players playing in a physical league could help some typical technically solid but not necessarily physical players add some steel to their game. E.g. Arteta was perhaps more prepared for the physicality of British football and the EPL by spending time in Scotland.

I think Gattuso is not a good example of this though. He clearly has the animal streak in him, that winners mentality. He's always had a screw loose. He is a competitor in the way people like Souness were. I dont think playing in Scotland had anything to do with it. He's a "tackle his granny" type.
Gattuso was simply played in the wrong position with us
Played in his correct position with Milan you saw the result

I think the physical aspect of our game is overstated anyway, Kamara and Davis are not what you'd call physical players, they use their brains to be better than the rest, Veerman would do the same.
I agree with this. Years ago we needed physical midfield enforcers.
The physical side now is more dirty hatchet men defenders who raise their game against us.

Itten has scored 2 in 4 games this pre season and also had a shot cleared off the line today I’m comfortable with Itten playing the first leg and Morelos back for the second leg.
I like Itten but because he doesnt have the cult following like Alfie or even Roofe to a certain extent fans dont rate him or trust him.
His numbers arent bad and his all round play is excellent IMO.

None of these players, very good as some of they are, brings what Morelos brings.

He'll be a huge miss.
Of course he will but it's highly unlikely we replace him with someone equally as good. Considering we rate him at about 18 million and will never spend that on any player. We will get another striker , whether he's already here or not, who will bang in just as many goals, maybe more but has to be developed to be more complete like we have with him

Not ITK in any way but occurred to me that Edmundson’s departure secrecy could be part exchange in one of our purchases and that’s why club is being kept under wraps.
Only explanation I can think of barring he’s going to the paedos.
Do Heerenven need a defender or does this give more substance to the Clarke-Harris rumours or is it something more left field?
Or am I just grasping at straws on page 269 of the transfer thread?

Not ITK in any way but occurred to me that Edmundson’s departure secrecy could be part exchange in one of our purchases and that’s why club is being kept under wraps.
Do Heerenven need a defender or does this give more substance to the Clarke-Harris rumours or is it something more left field?
Tottenham for Kane Lol

I think it's more logical that the story is premature. In all likelihood, edmundson has agreed personal terms with a club, whilst rangers are actively negotiating the transfer fee.

If we'd paid £8M for Veerman and he'd put in the performance that Stephen Kelly did yesterday we'd be delighted.

Let's stop paying lip service to youth development and give that boy a chance. We did it with Patterson and he's not looked back.
If kelly is good enough(and i think he might be) to be part of the rangers squad then he will be given his chance.

the amount of ‘noise’ around previous youngsters at rangers who have left and went on to do nothing of note in their careers has been nothing short of hysterical.

its takes a very special talent and character to make come through the ranks and have a career at a club like rangers.

If we'd paid £8M for Veerman and he'd put in the performance that Stephen Kelly did yesterday we'd be delighted.

Let's stop paying lip service to youth development and give that boy a chance. We did it with Patterson and he's not looked back.
100% do we need Veerman if Kelly is gonna be a good option this season?

If kelly is good enough(and i think he might be) to be part of the rangers squad then he will be given his chance.

the amount of ‘noise’ around previous youngsters at rangers who have left and went on to do nothing of note in their careers has been nothing short of hysterical.

its takes a very special talent and character to make come through the ranks and have a career at a club like rangers.
And many of those who weren't helped by what happened to the club, and whose career suffered as a result. Kelly is in good hands to really make it here; out of all the youngsters he was my pick of the lot, and with Gerrard at the helm he can become a great Ranger. Kelly has experience and talent beside him, and that will be the thing that elavates him to the next level.

Part of putting faith in youth is the acceptance that there is a risk they might not make the grade.

Kelly looks to have all the tools, he is coming into a successful team surrounded by good players. It's the perfect platform for a young player.

But at some point, you have to say the academy have done everything they can with this boy, he's had his loan, he's holding his own in training and friendlies so we're going with him.

The club should stand firm and not nourish the element of the support that have a unhealthy bloodlust for spending, rumours and more and more signings.

Kelly would be a good option this year as understudy to Davis. But Davis will need replacing at the end of this year most likely. I'd rather see Veerman come in this year, learn the ropes from Davis and settle, before Kelly then becomes understudy to Veerman next summer. Another year at an spl team would be my preference for Kelly. It would improve his confidence, experience (we won't get as much on our bench only coming on once the game is won) if not his overall game.

Means next summer we don't get left with a brand new signing who may take time to adjust and a youth prospect in Kelly who may or may not have had a good first season as our "quarterbacks" once Davis hangs up his boots.

Blood Veerman this year, and Kelly next. A loan at Hearts, St Johnstone or Ross county again would be ideal for 6-12 months.

Anyone else get up at 4am for the toilet and check the thread to see if we've signed anyone then check again at 8am just incase someone had signed in the middle of the night?

It's a bit like that for us International bears.

A lot of time I'll get up, check the thread, see it's jumped 15 pages and get excited. Only to find out bears are debating whether the away strip is black or blue :))

Kelly would be a good option this year as understudy to Davis. But Davis will need replacing at the end of this year most likely. I'd rather see Veerman come in this year, learn the ropes from Davis and settle, before Kelly then becomes understudy to Veerman next summer. Another year at an spl team would be my preference for Kelly. It would improve his confidence, experience (we won't get as much on our bench only coming on once the game is won) if not his overall game.

Means next summer we don't get left with a brand new signing who may take time to adjust and a youth prospect in Kelly who may or may not have had a good first season as our "quarterbacks" once Davis hangs up his boots.

Blood Veerman this year, and Kelly next. A loan at Hearts, St Johnstone or Ross county again would be ideal for 6-12 months.
If Kelly could be convinced to head to Italy, Spain, Portugal or Holland for 6 months to a year it would be even better, assuming a team could be found that would guarentee some game time at a decent level. With a verbal promise of "perform and Davis's shirt is yours on your return" it could be great for the boy. But as we know, a path very few Scots are prepared to take.

* Rangers

Pedantic Loyal.

Part of putting faith in youth is the acceptance that there is a risk they might not make the grade.

Kelly looks to have all the tools, he is coming into a successful team surrounded by good players. It's the perfect platform for a young player.

But at some point, you have to say the academy have done everything they can with this boy, he's had his loan, he's holding his own in training and friendlies so we're going with him.

The club should stand firm and not nourish the element of the support that have a unhealthy bloodlust for spending, rumours and more and more signings.
Yeah there is an irony there and I'm guilty of it too screaming for young players to come through but also wanting a few signings in from what I've seen of Kelly he's an excellent rotation option could very well be his breakthrough season

Yeah there is an irony there and I'm guilty of it too screaming for young players to come through but also wanting a few signings in from what I've seen of Kelly he's an excellent rotation option could very well be his breakthrough season
There was a time not so long ago I thought Docherty and the McCrorie brothers would form the spine of our team for years to come.

The fact is not many come through the ranks and successfully make it with us long term.
I'm not being defeatist here,the statistics if anyone can be bothered looking them up tell the story.

Having said the above, and I'm aware of the hypocrisy in my post here- Patterson and Kelly look like they may well buck that unwelcome trend.
And save us a very tidy sum indeed in the process hopefully.

Completely agree, Kelly could save us a good few million, and now that the pressure of getting to the top again is off, slightly, its the perfect time to blood someone like Kelly.

The players already seem to have a lot of trust in him.

There was a time not so long ago I thought Docherty and the McCrorie brothers would form the spine of our team for years to come.

The fact is not many come through the ranks and successfully make it with us long term.
I'm not being defeatist here,the statistics if anyone can be bothered looking them up tell the story.

Having said the above, and I'm aware of the hypocrisy in my post here- Patterson and Kelly look like they may well buck that unwelcome trend.
And save us a very tidy sum indeed in the process hopefully.
I thought the same until we signed better players and those 2 looked out of place. Kelly and Patterson from what little of them I have seen dont look out of place and I am very hopeful both will become mainstays of the team for years to come as long as we can hold onto them.

Reactions: cav
So we’ve had someone talking absolute bollocks that he’s off to Peterborough in a swap deal with Siriki Dembele and now one where’s he off to Ipswich for 800k.

Clear this up someone

So we’ve had someone talking absolute bollocks that he’s off to Peterborough in a swap deal with Siriki Dembele and now one where’s he off to Ipswich for 800k.

Clear this up someone

Ipswich rumour came first and seemed to have a bit more substance to it. Either it way it seems the Rhetard jumped the gun.

darragh macanthony was on twitter the other day saying Peterborough dont need another CB. Edmundson though would suit their signing policy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back