Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rumour is that Big George has signed for Derby but can't officially join until their embargo is over...which is Aug 1st. Any truth in that scenario? "Unnamed club" is quite unusual.

The rumour is that Big George has signed for Derby but can't officially join until their embargo is over...which is Aug 1st. Any truth in that scenario? "Unnamed club" is quite unusual.
I suspect there is too much being made of the “unnamed club” bit. It’s either the paper taking a flyer and guessing he’s off or the agent telling them he’s “agreed a three year deal but can’t say where he’s going until the club announces it”. Putting it as an “mystery, unnamed club” is a better headline than “we only have a fragment of the story and can’t get any more information”.

The same newspaper is saying Ipswich want him on a permanent deal ha ha. There was only a 2 hour gap between then running with the two stories. Guesswork.
Do they get their stories the same way UEFA draw the champions league? A bunch of balls with old firm players names inside, another set with English clubs. Draw one of each and write a story. Maybe a 3rd set with a bunch of numbers for the fee.

This journalism malarkey is a doddle

2 weeks off after the Copa and then up the road, despite the mass hysteria.

Not ideal but it’s the price you pay for having international players.

Spot on.

Very surprised that SG didn't know when Alfie would return. Surely a time scale would bd agreed with all players on internatiol duty of how much leave they would be allowed once their country was eliminated from their competion. Alfie might not have got many minutes but Columbia finished 3rd and Alfie was part of yheir squad. All SG has done is allow the usual MSM suspects to paint Alfie as a rebel when it would appear, admittedly from the outside looking in, he has done nothing wrong.

Are you saying Sir Wattie played a player out of his natural position.......never!!

Was it not Advocaat playing him at right back, when at all? Amoruso said Gattuso was going to knock back the move to Salernitana back and fight for his pace, and his father asked Amo to intervene; Amo told him Advocaat would never admit he was wrong and regularly play Gattuso in midfield, and he was best moving on.

He also said that, though their time with us ended for different reasons, he thought Gattuso and Charlie Miller should have been here for years bossing the midfield with Barry Ferguson.

Was it not Advocaat playing him at right back, when at all? Amoruso said Gattuso was going to knock back the move to Salernitana back and fight for his pace, and his father asked Amo to intervene; Amo told him Advocaat would never admit he was wrong and regularly play Gattuso in midfield, and he was best moving on.

He also said that, though their time with us ended for different reasons, he thought Gattuso and Charlie Miller should have been here for years bossing the midfield with Barry Ferguson.

Never heard that one but can imagine the Little General not wanting to admit being wrong - his stubborness eventually led to discontent within our expensively assembled squad which saw a dominant Rangers side crumble to O'Neil's thugs.

Never heard that one but can imagine the Little General not wanting to admit being wrong - his stubborness eventually led to discontent within our expensively assembled squad which saw a dominant Rangers side crumble to O'Neil's thugs.

Amoruso spoke about it when he did a live show at Novo's a few years ago. Didn't seem too impressed at the lack of leeway someone like Miller got compared to others Advocaat liked, but did concede he and a few others tried to get Miller to knuckle down and he never did. But he reckoned Gattuso, Miller and a few others were never going to get a fair shake under Advocaat no matter what. He pointed out Advocaat wanted Albertz and himself gone for years and neither would budge, and played too well to be dropped - so if they weren't really wanted "what chance did young lads have?"

Amoruso spoke about it when he did a live show at Novo's a few years ago. Didn't seem too impressed at the lack of leeway someone like Miller got compared to others Advocaat liked, but did concede he and a few others tried to get Miller to knuckle down and he never did. But he reckoned Gattuso, Miller and a few others were never going to get a fair shake under Advocaat no matter what. He pointed out Advocaat wanted Albertz and himself gone for years and neither would budge, and played too well to be dropped - so if they weren't really wanted "what chance did young lads have?"

As I said never heard of this before but very enlightening. Obviously ties in with Advocaat losing the dressing room in a very short space of time.

Loved Albertz, was gutted when Advocaat eventually got rid of him.

As I said never heard of this before but very enlightening. Obviously ties in with Advocaat losing the dressing room in a very short space of time.

Loved Albertz, was gutted when Advocaat eventually got rid of him.
McLeish wanted him back, but Murray wouldn’t sanction the deal - with hindsight, probably the right call.

Oh yeah forgot you had watched every game of his life.
Sakala himself said he never played upfront before last season in an interview this summer, last season it was always in a pair.

Just because you're uninformed doesn't mean everyone else has to be.

He looked great, that doesn’t mean he’s played that role before though!
Didn't say he had!?

"If Morelos goes I wouldnt be concerned about a direct replacement. I think Sakala Jr can fill that role and more."

That was the post you replied to with your 'but he's never, ever played there before', implying you disagreed.
I assume you've now changed your mind and think Sakala would be a good option through the middle?

Didn't say he had!?

"If Morelos goes I wouldnt be concerned about a direct replacement. I think Sakala Jr can fill that role and more."

That was the post you replied to with your 'but he's never, ever played there before', implying you disagreed.
I assume you've now changed your mind and think Sakala would be a good option through the middle?
I never said he wouldn’t be good, I just said he has never played there before.

I’ve said on this thread and others that I think he’ll be a great signing

I never said he wouldn’t be good, I just said he has never played there before.

I’ve said on this thread and others that I think he’ll be a great signing
Nobody asked you if he'd ever played there before :))

A poster quite rightly said he thinks Sakala would be a good option through the middle and you jumped in to disagree. I'm sure you'll be happy that you were proven incorrect.

Nobody asked you if he'd ever played there before :))

A poster quite rightly said he thinks Sakala would be a good option through the middle and you jumped in to disagree. I'm sure you'll be happy that you were proven incorrect.
I jumped in to point out we cannot know as he has never played there. I was wondering why people were getting so upset by a fact.

This is a classic instance of people putting words into someone else’s mouth.

Anything more on veerman, cba sifting through pages of nonsense
Absolutely nothing since it all kicked off the other week.

Only real update is Verona have pulled out with a loan to buy offer of €5 million.

Couple of reports online say £7 million might be enough to get him all hear say though and nothing public from Veerman or any of his representatives.

%^*& all coming out the Dutch media either.

Turning into a strange one this I have to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back