Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
SG says 1 or 2 more. Hes normally extremely conservative when talking transfers, so you can bet your bottom dollar that we will be getting 1 or 2 more in.

Anything more will depend on player sales

I don’t think we need much more this summer but I think the one position we do need is a deep lying playmaker and I think it’s pretty important we get one in this summer.

I think we’ll see more signings, but more players will go out than come in.

It would have been nice to get another midfielder in and up to speed in time for the CL qualifiers, just to give us another option, but what we’ve got there now should be more than good enough.

A few fans on here were very keen on Hamer and at half price of Veerman he might be a great option...
Certainly looks more suited to Scottish football loves a tackle but can play a cracking ball over the top of a defence the fact he's been in England a year would mean he's used to the lifestyle in Britain which is always a risk with someone like Veerman coming in

Looking like they might lose there whole first choice back four this transfer window and have already lost the lad Melamed it will be interesting to see how Davidson rebuilds if that happens

Their back 3 in the cup final are all still there I'm sure, as is the boy who played left wing back. I know they're selling Rooney, but what's the rumours regarding the rest of them?

Interesting when you see Gerrards comments on Alfredos return in context, I didn't get the impression he was frustrated or annoyed, I took it more to have meant he wasn't sure of Covid protocols, rather than he was just having as long as he felt he wanted.

He's 100% pissed off at his agent though.
his agent is a ass

Agreed with others who said midfield is the one area. Jack and Arfield need to prove their fitness, Davis who may be on top form for another season or may start to dip, and Kamara who may yet leave. We have the quality from other players to sustain through an issue with one of those 4, but two and we start to look a little thin on backup.

Think we also need to realise that as much as we love these guys for everything they've given us, we are most likely going to need to move up another level to make it to the CL groups and certainly to be competitive whether that's this season or next. Maybe that just means bolstering the squad with one more quality signing - Veerman looks the part - but I don't think we're there yet. Not to say we can't make the CL groups with the players we have, just that we could be stronger still.

Nobody knows a thing about out big money moves, which Veerman would fall under. That is 100% fact. We operate differently. Articles from across Europe are based on speculation and guesswork. Most of it probably because the ‘4 year deal agreed’ bullshit spilled out from here on to Twitter/Halidays twitch stream and gained momentum. There has been tens of articles across Europe linking us to all and sundry. Doesn’t mean it’s happening/done.

In any case the post on here about it being done is still attention seeking nonsense, yes?
There wasn't a post that said it was a done deal though.

Interesting when you see Gerrards comments on Alfredos return in context, I didn't get the impression he was frustrated or annoyed, I took it more to have meant he wasn't sure of Covid protocols, rather than he was just having as long as he felt he wanted.

He's 100% pissed off at his agent though.
I think we all are,mate,lol. Is he acting on his own in touting him or has Alfie asked him to put the feelers out.

With Edmundson gone, I think Goldson, Helander, Balogun, Simpson and Katic is enough, we may need a utility full back to cover Left back and maybe right back after last season, when we looked slightly thin on the ground near the end.
Midfield is fairly strong, and strengthened with Big John, but maybe stick with Stephen Kelly until Xmas as cover for Davis, Glen, Joe, Scott, John or Ryan. The boy deserves the chance to fit into the team and make his name at Ibrox.
Up front with Alfredo, Fashion, Kemar and Ced the Ted, with JD as a back up, we are looking good for strikers, and Kent, Wright Hagi and JJ/Middleton cover the width.
I think we are looking good and settled

With Edmundson gone, I think Goldson, Helander, Balogun, Simpson and Katic is enough, we may need a utility full back to cover Left back and maybe right back after last season, when we looked slightly thin on the ground near the end.
Midfield is fairly strong, and strengthened with Big John, but maybe stick with Stephen Kelly until Xmas as cover for Davis, Glen, Joe, Scott, John or Ryan. The boy deserves the chance to fit into the team and make his name at Ibrox.
Up front with Alfredo, Fashion, Kemar and Ced the Ted, with JD as a back up, we are looking good for strikers, and Kent, Wright Hagi and JJ/Middleton cover the width.
I think we are looking good and settled
Going from pre season games, middleton could be that left back cover youre after

Or squad looks tremendous, but if there is one out there - then a playmaker midfielder, ala Gasgoine, Reyna, Latapy type thing would be ideal.

Strangely enough, and I didn't think any team in the world could say this; but I think we are well well stocked upfront now. If Alfie goes were still packed to the gunnels.

Loving it.

And aye, Veerman needs revealed lol.

I think we should for piss-take purposes, go out our way to sign the latest, decent Aussie or Japanese player; just like they always tried to steal our targets.

Make a complete arse of them and there Kangaroo coach lol.

The game where he came in against Braga was probably his best in a Rangers jersey, really though he would kick on from there but has lost his way.
His covid misdemeanour last season probably spelt the end for him. I wish him nothing but luck, he lived the dream and there is a player in there. I’m just not sure what level of player yet!

Yeah, I can't say I was impressed with him at all in any other game, but he didn't look out of place that night. He's better than League Two, but needs to be playing regularly to reach his potential. I won't be surprised if he's doing well in the Championship in a few years. Best of luck to him.

I'm happy to go with what we have. But I understand we may have to sell to move forward.

If we bring in anymore it should be a quality DM, and maybe a forward on loan with option to buy similar to the Hagi deal.

If we make it through the qualifiers for the CL then we will have a guarantee of millions of Euro's coming in and the week between Aug 24th and Sept 1st will be mental !

The squad is stronger than its been for nearly 20 years and its deep enough to handle what youd expect in terms of regular injuries/susps etc. The last thing Rangers need to do is 'get some bodies in' for the sake of it.

If anything we need to sell a few players and signings would now only come if:-

A) someone of real appeal became available where previously they were not
B) a key player wanted out and was sold

On the other hand, he went from playing for Oldham in League Two to Rangers in the Europa League within a matter of months. That's a massive job and it'd be disingenuous to pretend he looked great for us but his time with us ended because of the covid breach. He was error prone and couldn't have shown the management enough in training to make them think he could push for a place, otherwise we wouldn't have been in the market for Jack Simpson.

Ipswich Town are in League One. I don't think he's really playing beneath his level by going there.
Baffling how people think Greg Stewart is to good for St Johnstone.
Its a bit of a shame GE has gone as he was a player of some potential, especially with the quality centre backs we have to learn from. Ipswich is a good move though, theyll be promoted this season after binning the fake manager and he could well develop into a quality defender.

As for Greg Stewart he is absolutely good enough for STJ and thats about it. With all due respect he was never good enough for this Rangers team. Its not 2016 anymore.

I don’t think we need much more this summer but I think the one position we do need is a deep lying playmaker and I think it’s pretty important we get one in this summer.
Isn’t that the main position of lundstrum? I’d also rather see Kelly staying with us than going on loan

Will depend if anyone goes,

Hopefully we're not scrambling about for players on deadline day.
I don't think we will be.
We'll likely have 2x3 million players, and 2x6 million players firmly on our radar and one out plus CL will see the more expensive lads in.
No one out and CL, one of each and Europa and no one out 2 cheaper options.

It's never as black and white as that obviously but my line of thinking...

What a squad we’ve got, Gerrard saying he wanted 2 players for every position he seems to almost have that, adding any more then drops someone down to 3rd choice… imagine having the squad depth where some of our current stars are 3rd choice considering where we have been the last 10 years. I think a few will need to go first, some players in that squad are far too good to be 3rd choice.

I personally enjoy a settled starting squad even between league euro and cup games I think having too much depth and trying to give players game time in the cups is our downfall in the domestic cups and the reason why we haven’t enjoyed any success there under Gerrard, hard to please everybody!

Reactions: TQ3
Its a bit of a shame GE has gone as he was a player of some potential, especially with the quality centre backs we have to learn from. Ipswich is a good move though, theyll be promoted this season after binning the fake manager and he could well develop into a quality defender.

As for Greg Stewart he is absolutely good enough for STJ and thats about it. With all due respect he was never good enough for this Rangers team. Its not 2016 anymore.

I will always see Greg Stewart as a good purchase.

He was never really bought for the first team, but his signing represented an important step on our way to increasing the quality and professionalism of our squad, not just our starting 11. His ticking the box for homegrown in Europe also was a feather in his cap, and likely led to those who actually started feeling they were in the team on merit rather than being the only credible option. And I don't think there will be many complaints with how the overall squad has performed in Europe or progressed domestically since Stewarts arrival.

A classic squad player signing, who should be judged for his impact on the first 11 rather than direct contributions on the park in my opinion.

Is that fair, or just me being too generous?

It will depend on where we end up in Europe either the CL or Europa league and then also if anyone is sold and for how much I would think any business we now do will be later in the window

I think we will sign at least 1 midfielder.

We won the league at a canter but the last few games last season we were pretty much cobbling a midfield together, I hope Jack comes back fit but who knows then there's the speculation around kamara and aribo leaving.

We need to shift some players out though

Can only see at most one midfielder in, Veerman or whoever the next choice is, unless we qualify for the CL or sell someone for a big amount. I’d have liked us to clearly upgraded in midfield, but Lundstram looks a good addition, albeit not obviously better than the guys we already had. The squad is already c25-26 strong if you include Kelly.

I will always see Greg Stewart as a good purchase.

He was never really bought for the first team, but his signing represented an important step on our way to increasing the quality and professionalism of our squad, not just our starting 11. His ticking the box for homegrown in Europe also was a feather in his cap, and likely led to those who actually started feeling they were in the team on merit rather than being the only credible option. And I don't think there will be many complaints with how the overall squad has performed in Europe or progressed domestically since Stewarts arrival.

A classic squad player signing, who should be judged for his impact on the first 11 rather than direct contributions on the park in my opinion.

Is that fair, or just me being too generous?
That's very well said mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back