Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Gerrard is considering spending 7m on him then he probably thinks he takes us to the next level. It’s okay saying our midfield looks really strong, which it does but we should always be looking to improve.
I'm all for taking us to the next level but not if it's financially risky if we make the champions League fair enough but if we drop into the Europa i wouldn't be rushing to make that signing Lundstrum and Sakala already look like excellent acquisitions and the development of players like Scott Wright shows that you don't need to spent millions to get a good player

He's not being signed for the B team.

The club have a 6-12 month development plan. While he'll be playing regular games with the B side over that initial period, he'll be working with our excellent strength and conditioning team and settling in, he's very much being signed for the first team.
How do we know that mate - you supposing or have it confirmed by a source ?

I don’t think we need anyone else unless someone important leaves, our squad is excellent, strong in every department.
I think we need to be laying the foundations for a couple of years from now, we’ve got defence pretty much covered, DM is the most pressing area IMO. With Jack and Davis.

This is a huge season for Jack, Davis will cruise this season I feel, next season though he may begin to lag slightly, I hope not but it’s a underlying thought.

I expect us to be building each year, with players we can earn good money from, while putting in a decent shift in Europe.

It’s time for us to show the scum how it is done.

I'm all for taking us to the next level but not if it's financially risky if we make the champions League fair enough but if we drop into the Europa i wouldn't be rushing to make that signing Lundstrum and Sakala already look like excellent acquisitions and the development of players like Scott Wright shows that you don't need to spent millions to get a good player
I’m pretty positive Ross Wilson isn’t going to do anything with the football department that’s financially risky.

I think we’re waiting to advance to next round in Europe, where if worst comes to it and we don’t qualify for the riches of the Champions League we have a €5m parachute payment on top of Europa league money.
I think you're right, patience is bliss.

Outstanding avi by the way.

I think we could afford one expensive marquee signing if we make CL groups and expect to see one. I know there's excitement about Kelly but can we rely on a talented but inexperienced teenager to make an impact in the CL? I don't think so.

We got two quality additions on Bosmans, they have a combined transfer value of at least 10 million pounds. Both are better than anything they have spent 12 million on.

One big signing isn't reckless spending. Especially when it's a veteran who 2 orv3 years down the line will sell for more than we paid. It's not spending its investment.

he 19-year-old was in Glasgow today for talks, a medical and to finalise his switch from Manchester United.

Rangers have agreed a transfer fee with McCann and are now waiting for United to sign off the deal.

The former Coventry City youngster is expected to start training with his new team next year.

surely that last part should be next week?
Possibly B team to January?

he 19-year-old was in Glasgow today for talks, a medical and to finalise his switch from Manchester United.

Rangers have agreed a transfer fee with McCann and are now waiting for United to sign off the deal.

The former Coventry City youngster is expected to start training with his new team next year.

That’s what I thought, that’s what tends to happen when you agree a fee for a player. The twats at that newspaper probably don’t know that.

See tbh as much as I think Veerman is quality I don't think we need him he isn't even a Kamara replacement would be more of a Hagi replacement if he left imo with the emergence of Kelly our midfield looks really strong

Veerman for me as an Arfield type replacement.

box to box midfielder with an eye for a pass.

Aye pretty sure it's a typo. It's the Record after all.

Defo a typo.

That’s exactly what I thought- must be a typo

I think we could afford one expensive marquee signing if we make CL groups and expect to see one. I know there's excitement about Kelly but can we rely on a talented but inexperienced teenager to make an impact in the CL? I don't think so.

We got two quality additions on Bosmans, they have a combined transfer value of at least 10 million pounds. Both are better than anything they have spent 12 million on.

One big signing isn't reckless spending. Especially when it's a veteran who 2 orv3 years down the line will sell for more than we paid. It's not spending its investment.
JFK , Only salary spending correlates to success in football , therefore transfer fees are not a reflection of successful ambitions .
Rangers are not in a position to spend giant fees and they should be avoided where at all possible . If we can get a low fee good signing with a bigger salary that is a better proposition

Last edited:
I’ll be astounded if this boy is coming in to play lowland league football. Even for 6 months. He’ll be part of the first team squad imo.
He’s not played any men’s football as yet. I don’t think a few months in the lowland league would do him any harm, provided he’s training with the first team. Can reassess in January whether he needs a loan at a higher level.

I actually think he looks really good in the videos and seems the type of midfielder our coaching staff will love, so I would expect him to at least make his debut for the first team in the first half of the season.

What are the rules for transferring players between our A and B teams? I assume we can transfer them regardless of the transfer windows, but once a player has played a certain amount of A team games, he's no longer eligible for the B team?

What are the rules for transferring players between our A and B teams? I assume we can transfer them regardless of the transfer windows, but once a player has played a certain amount of A team games, he's no longer eligible for the B team?
Sure EB posted saying it was 6 mate

Something that occurred to me tonight was a fair few decent teams came croppers this week in Qualifiers .
There could be opportunities for buys with some of the clubs particularly so given the complication of Covids ongoing impacts on incomes . Some examples I seen were FCSB , hadjuk split , university craiova , AEK . More in the coming few weeks ahead of the window closure .

Something that occurred to me tonight was a fair few decent teams came croppers this week in Qualifiers .
There could be opportunities for buys with some of the clubs particularly so given the complication of Covids ongoing impacts on incomes . Some examples I seen were FCSB , hadjuk split , university craiova , AEK . More in the coming few weeks ahead of the window closure .
That Morutan kid at FCSB is quality - they’ve been wanting €10m from Galatasaray (don’t think they’ll get close to that) would love us to fire a cheeky bid in

That Morutan kid at FCSB is quality - they’ve been wanting €10m from Galatasaray (don’t think they’ll get close to that) would love us to fire a cheeky bid in

The other lad they have, Octavian Popescu looks really exciting

only 18 but probably already out of our price range, FCSB’s chairman was claiming he’ll be the most expensive player ever from Romania

I think we need to be laying the foundations for a couple of years from now, we’ve got defence pretty much covered, DM is the most pressing area IMO. With Jack and Davis.

This is a huge season for Jack, Davis will cruise this season I feel, next season though he may begin to lag slightly, I hope not but it’s a underlying thought.

I expect us to be building each year, with players we can earn good money from, while putting in a decent shift in Europe.

It’s time for us to show the scum how it is done.

You can never really judge when a players legs are going to go. Remember Gary Neville essentially retiring mid-game when he realised he couldn't cope with it. Davis shows no signs of letting up but at his age it could happen pretty quickly

Re McCann and the B team.

I am sure players can be registered for the B team but still play for the first team 5 or 6 times before they are barred from the B team.

So if we have an injury crises in midfield he could be parachuted into the first team.

You can never really judge when a players legs are going to go. Remember Gary Neville essentially retiring mid-game when he realised he couldn't cope with it. Davis shows no signs of letting up but at his age it could happen pretty quickly
I was being respectful to Davis fitness and performances, adding hope that he can carry on a couple of seasons yet.

But you are absolutely correct mate.

Tbf it had been clear for a while before that, that Neville needed to retire.

I’m pretty positive we still have business to do but it’ll depend on the European pathway.

Over the coming weeks we will see things develop. I reckon players will already have been sounded out about moves on the basis of champions league or europa league etc.

Got to keep improving, bringing in better player(s) every summer especially after winning the championship is a proven route to more success.
The manager has already demonstrated he will improve players already at the club so if he wants Veerman then I do too.

I still think Veerman will be coming to Rangers; purely guesswork, but if he's not a Rangers player in the coming weeks I'll be surprised.

He does look to possess some brilliant qualities we could do with mate, my concern is that his attitude might not be the right one to enable him to adapt to change if culture.

And for the kind of money quoted that might be seen as too much of a risk.
See tbh as much as I think Veerman is quality I don't think we need him he isn't even a Kamara replacement would be more of a Hagi replacement if he left imo with the emergence of Kelly our midfield looks really strong

I still think Veerman will be coming to Rangers; purely guesswork, but if he's not a Rangers player in the coming weeks I'll be surprised.
Honestly don’t think he will. Nothing has indicated so far we are even an option. The quotes from their manager that had Rangers as having made an offer turned out to be made up and some Rangers fan site added our name to the quote.

Agreed, it can happen at anytime. I know he was getting on (age 41) but David Weir was imperious in the final league games of our title winning season 2010-11. A few months later at the start of a new sesson his legshad gone and he was consigned to the subs bench.

Honestly don’t think he will. Nothing has indicated so far we are even an option. The quotes from their manager that had Rangers as having made an offer turned out to be made up and some Rangers fan site added our name to the quote.

Yeah, I believe it is just wishful thinking from a lot of Bears. I would like a big signing too, and Veerman does look an exciting prospect, but it looks as though it is just social media hype rather than genuine interest from the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back