Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feyenoord have made Veerman their number one summer target and have informed Heerenveen, however they have to sell before they can buy to finance deal.

Also that their board may ask the club investors to make the deal happen otherwise.

That poster who merits whether or not a signing is worth it based on who is in for the player will start to get excited over Veerman now probably.

Looks very unlikely to me at this stage. There’s also no talk of outgoings in the midfield which I think would be necessary.

It will totally ruin my Summer if Veerman doesn't sign after getting all excited on the back of a few YouTube Videos. Takes the shine off 55 for me. Gutted.

I appreciate the irony. Unfortunately, this probably reflects the reality for a lot of posters in this thread. There are probably only a handful of us who have actually seen a full game or more of the lad.

The fact that such rumours are even considered realistic these days is a fun, positive sign but I won't lose any sleep over this potential signing unless we were to lose a couple of midfielders.

I appreciate the irony. Unfortunately, this probably reflects the reality for a lot of posters in this thread. There are probably only a handful of us who have actually seen a full game or more of the lad.

The fact that such rumours are even considered realistic these days is a fun, positive sign but I won't lose any sleep over this potential signing unless we were to lose a couple of midfielders.
I agree, but we are still only in July. There could be a lot of transfer activity ramping up in the next few weeks, outwith Rangers, which could affect our players as well.

For all the transfer possible additions in gers me excited, Goldson extending his contract would be the most important part of business if we can pull it off.

Big loss to absorb if not.

Another reminder not to put faith in the SMM when they discuss contract or transfer dealings at Rangers. They'll be the last to know and this will have caught a lot of people out, myself included. I had just taken it as fact that he had extended.

Reactions: cav
I agree, but we are still only in July. There could be a lot of transfer activity ramping up in the next few weeks, outwith Rangers, which could affect our players as well.

You're right there. A lot of players still to rejoin their clubs after the Euros and Copa.

Are Admin on Holiday ?

The amount of total colin nish they have allowed this past week is shocking

the wokery and negativity threads being permitted every day to sit top of page 1 is a lurkers fantasy

The place should be buzzing for start of 56 and the demise of the cover up club, instead every day we have navel gazing threads and those happy to spread unrest about "Alfie missing" - "bad Product" - it is obvious "sleepers" are on here to cause mischief to divert our attention.
Spot on. but say something against Joe Biden and at least three of them will turn up with their wee ban hammers

It’s like a bat signal to them

So Goldson hasn't signed new contract...that's a worry this late. Although if he works hard and we win 56 he's gambled and we've all won.

It's a strange window, rather than additions at this stage in the window it is all about keeping Kamara, Morelos and Goldson.

In all honesty, I can't see us signing any better players than those 3.

My preference would be no sales and 1 or 2 in midfield depending on Jack's return status.

Really trying not to be too unnerved that there are still question marks about key players so close to such massive games for us.

Got to just trust the board have it all in hand.

It's a strange window, rather than additions at this stage in the window it is all about keeping Kamara, Morelos and Goldson.

In all honesty, I can't see us signing any better players than those 3.

My preference would be no sales and 1 or 2 in midfield depending on Jack's return status.

Really trying not to be too unnerved that there are still question marks about key players so close to such massive games for us.

Got to just trust the board have it all in hand.
In my opinion they're all replaceable. The secret sauce is the coaching team, the infrastructure, and the manager, not the individual players.

I hope I’m wrong but I’m not convinced adding Sakala and Lundstram (as decent as they look on free transfers), is the exciting summer the gaffer was referring to when he spoke about interesting meetings with the board on trophy day last year. The Tims have regressed and failed to make themselves a regular CL club because they’ve failed to recruit the right quality, important for me we don’t do the same. As good as our squad is now, I’m not convinced it’s CL quality yet.

I hope I’m wrong but I’m not convinced adding Sakala and Lundstram (as decent as they look on free transfers), is the exciting summer the gaffer was referring to when he spoke about interesting meetings with the board on trophy day last year. The Tims have regressed and failed to make themselves a regular CL club because they’ve failed to recruit the right quality, important for me we don’t do the same. As good as our squad is now, I’m not convinced it’s CL quality yet.
Books need to be balanced.

Its a very, very good squad as it stands.

Books need to be balanced.

Its a very, very good squad as it stands.
Maybe the plan is to use this squad to win the league this season then spend big next summer when we’re guaranteed the CL group stages. Can understand that to a degree but don’t think this squad gets through the PO round this season (again, hope I’m wrong).

a few of the driftwood will need to pushed out the door before that happens.

Edmundson is a start.

Jones, Barker, Hastie and Middleton.

We are already missing Ofoborh for an extended period of time, maybe never to be seen.

Kelly has emerged looking like he can do us a turn. Katic has returned. Jack is nearing full contact training.

Still 1 month left, but I get where you are coming from completely.

Of course the usual crew will jump on you saying you only don’t like them because they didn’t cost millions. But the way Gerrard spoke we’d get signings that take the first 11 up a level.

Still to happen.

Correct. Get in CL groups and win 56.... well we'd be breaking even for first time in decades. Hugely exciting, and then we'd see huge strides in recruitment.

Also it IS huge to get Katic, Jack and Barisic back fit after Euros injury. It is a strong squad
Considering that would likely be two CL groups in a row, thats more than breaking even

Last edited:
In addition I feel left back is an area we need cover in but Bassey hasn’t done much wrong either

Whilst I agree to an extent, you also have to factor in Joe Aribo who was more than decent playing there towards end of last season. Obviously it's far from his primary position, but with so much strength in other areas he could obviously fill in there without massively weakening other areas of the side.

a few of the driftwood will need to pushed out the door before that happens.

Edmundson is a start.

Jones, Barker, Hastie and Middleton.

We are already missing Ofoborh for an extended period of time, maybe never to be seen.

Kelly has emerged looking like he can do us a turn. Katic has returned. Jack is nearing full contact training.
Yeah take the general point again but Katic isn’t CL quality. Jack is if he’s fit and raring to go but he isn’t currently and Kelly whilst promising, isn’t getting into the starting XI at the moment let alone being CL quality.

I have a slight concern we aren’t cashing in at the right time with players, Morelos being the biggest example. Only so many years he can be motivated for Scottish games and he also has two years left on his deal, which I think is fair to say him renewing isn’t likely, leaving us in a now or never situation to get his true value. It goes without saying that’s he a really good player but we have to start doing the selling part of ‘buy low, develop, sell high’.

I have a slight concern we aren’t cashing in at the right time with players, Morelos being the biggest example. Only so many years he can be motivated for Scottish games and he also has two years left on his deal, which I think is fair to say him renewing isn’t likely, leaving us in a now or never situation to get his true value. It goes without saying that’s he a really good player but we have to start doing the selling part of ‘buy low, develop, sell high’.

Agreed.

If Morelos was to go, I would like to see us buy a right sided 10 / winger in the mould of Kent. Won't be easy of course getting anyone near that sort of quality but a similar sort of style for the other side.

I'm more than confident Roofe, Sakala, Itten and Defoe between them can cover the central striker position over the course of the season.

Totally understand what you're saying here. We've got to maximise profits from our talented team to finally get our finances in a healthy state.

A big player sale also then sets the tone for others who might want to take one of our players.

Without a player sale, Champions League qualification becomes very important.

There is still alot of time left in the transfer window. If we don't sell any big players and go with this squad I'm more than happy with that. We should and will keep Kelly in the squad for cm.

We all want more and more players, but our squad is the best it has been for years. I will say I think were short 1 top quality cm, esp with Jack's injury history. Getting past malmo and if we were to make the group stages of the cl would change things too.

I agree mate but you need teams bidding the high numbers for it to work. Plus add in he and others could win us the title and straight into the cl group stages.

This is why I think we actually do have to actively try and sell players, including the big ones.

Your point is spot on, there is only so long players can be motivated to play in the Scottish league. The end goal for these guys is a move to a more attractive league, it can quickly get boring playing the same teams 3/4/5 times per season.

It only ends up in demotivated, demoralised players, look across the city for perfect examples of keeping players too long.

Yeah its all fine and well wanting to keep your best players as long as possible but you run the risk of the above happening, and it will.

Santiago Moreno signs for Portland Timbers

Shite anyway

In my opinion they're all replaceable. The secret sauce is the coaching team, the infrastructure, and the manager, not the individual players.
Indeed, the notion we are incapable of improving what we have is incredibly negative, given how well the current regime have consistently managed to do just that.

He's shite anyway

Don't get the McCann deal in all honesty especially if he's papped to the B team even a year there isn't gonna guarantee him a first team place 12 months down the line.

Looks a promising talent but a strange deal especially at the reported cost.

Essentially £750,000 for B team signing that's if he doesn't make our first team that's a risk.
And you believe the Daily Record reporting of the deal?

Celtic did that... now look at them. It seems a simple concept. People dont appear to realise how difficult it is to continually do well in the transfer market. The truth is, we could sell Morelos for £20M and completely waste the money. Ending up an inferior team with nothing to show for it.

I agree with the concept, but the potential of this team and of certain players is yet to be realised. I would be delighted if the window shut right now. We were 1 poor performance away from a Europa quarter final and won the league at a canter. We can still improve, thats a scary thought for our opponents.

The riches of the Champions League also beckon. I see no reason to under-sell anyone at the moment, when the group stage money is still to be played for. It would be imprudent to sell Morelos for less than his worth, when he could help win us money, that would literally dwarf any fee, that we could actually command for him.

Its all about the bigger picture, the short-term highs, of, a big buy, or a big sell, only last so long before reality sets in. Listening to Gerrard today, hes clearly very aware, that the grass isnt always greener.

We can't just keep adding and adding players, unless we get bids for players adding more to an already large and strong squad would just cause players to get frustrated.

If we'd had to pay the guts of 10 million for Sakala and Lundstram no doubt that would have made people 'excited', but as we've been clever and got very good player for free folk moan that we've not done enough, cest la vie.

Still 1 month left, but I get where you are coming from completely.

Of course the usual crew will jump on you saying you only don’t like them because they didn’t cost millions. But the way Gerrard spoke we’d get signings that take the first 11 up a level.

Still to happen.

It's the truth though, if we'd paid millions for them people wouldn't have a ridiculous downer on them.

The 'usual crew' are just telling the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back