Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian Kinnear has joined West Ham:

Looked pretty i]good in a TV game I seen last year I think it was possibly bit longer . Good handling .

Last edited:
Kent definitely speaks Spanish, but to what level I don't know. He mentioned in an RTV interview once that his family spent a lot of time at their house there when he was younger, and that due to that he could speak to Alfie

Beale isn’t fluent, he’s knows the basics from working in Brazil but that’s it. Gerrard mentioned before about the difficulty in getting certain messages across to Morelos before in analysis and that there’s someone out with the first team coaches who helps translate.
Trust me, he is a fluent Spanish speaker. In Brazil they speak Portuguese anyway.

That £50m is if you believe the hype Celtic always ensure surrounds any of their "stars" moving on.

Frimping fee was never £11m, German media quoting it was between £3m and £4m, Bournemouth reported Ajer as undisclosed so leaving a goid bit if doubt to Scottish media's quoted £13.5m.
He went to Brentford
Beale isn’t fluent, he’s knows the basics from working in Brazil but that’s it. Gerrard mentioned before about the difficulty in getting certain messages across to Morelos before in analysis and that there’s someone out with the first team coaches who helps translate.
they speak Portuguese in Brazil.

It's not regardless of the playoff result. We only get it if we lose in the playoffs. An added bonus though as €5m prize money plus guaranteed EL groups means beating Malmo is massive.
Yes but then the other possibility is we win the play off and get the CL money so why are you bringing that up as if that’s a negative? What a weird reply.

How would working in Brazil, who speak Portuguese, make Beale fluent or otherwise in Spanish ? Am I missing something here?
Just because they are geographic nuighbours doesn't mean that they speak almost the same language. Someone once said that Portuguese is Spanish spoken by a drunk with a speech impediment.

Just because they are geographic nuighbours doesn't mean that they speak almost the same language. Someone once said that Portuguese is Spanish spoken by a drunk with a speech impediment.
If in doubt refer to what a language calls beer, bier. In Spanish it's cerveza, in Portuguese it's cerveja, so you may be correct.

Drives me nuts when people spell Namdi Ofoboroh wrong
Speaking of, has anyone heard anything more about the boys heart issue? My brother was telling me it was caused by a virus and he should be fine but I haven’t seen/heard anything from anyone else.

Jones was not a good signing and will have cost us a fair bit in wages, but the ball he put in for Morelos to score against Legia has more than covered the outlay.

He is obviously a dafty and simply not that good, but I do think he was a bit unlucky in that our shape changed away from two wingers (when he signed his pre-contract in the January) towards the two number 10s that we’ve mainly played with since he joined. Had he come in at the same time as Kamara then things may have been slightly different for him.
That's like saying it might have been different for Karl Svensson if we didn't play the ball in the air in Scotland. Jones is an poor player with an even worse attitude.

James McCarthy now. Have they actually been reading a scouting guide from 2011 instead?
On a 4 year deal.

A guy made of biscuit who turns 31 in a few months. I mean he is a good player and an upgrade on what they have, but that is a bizarre contract length. Especially with his injury history.

Is Mark Allen in charge of these contract negotiations?

Literally just seen that tweet, I mean they are upgrades on what they’ve got but both well past their best.

Someone’s has fired up a 2009 champ manager save.
Said already, but they’re going to have a high line alongside a high energy press.

Hart, Starfelt, Jullien & McCarthy as your spine when your likely to get caught up the park quite often? Everyone should be licking their lips.

All decent enough players in the right system, but not this one.

Said already, but they’re going to have a high line alongside a high energy press.

Hart, Starfelt, Jullien & McCarthy as your spine when your likely to get caught up the park quite often? Everyone should be licking their lips.

All decent enough players in the right system, but not this one.
It certainly suggests the Aussie isn’t making the signings.

It’s a midfield missing Jack, Aribo and Kamara.

It’s the position I’d like us to upgrade, but to say ‘we were shite tonight we need a midfielder’ is a bit short sighted.
Its not. Said it since after Prague.

Jack is unreliable, has made 38 appearances in 2 years and since when does Aribo play CM away in Europe for us?

That bit of genuine quality still required.
It's games like tonight where you think we are 1/2 quality players short.

I know we had umpteen players out but you can tell our midfield and our forward line needs an injection of quality.

Goes back to the same old questions.

Have we improved the squad ? Yes

Have we genuinely improved the first 11 ? Not for me.

Last edited:
Its not. Said it since after Prague.

Jack is unreliable, has made 38 appearances in 2 years and since when does Aribo play CM away in Europe for us?
Jack has made 60 appearances in two years, your stats are league appearances.

Usually when one of our players are out inured, they get better with every game they miss.

With Ryan Jack it seems to be working in opposite way in this thread. I know its frustrating he’s had injuries, but he’s very important when available - there’s a reason he’s one of Gerrard’s favourites! He’s a very good player.

Still a bit of movement in and out needed during this window to get more quality in starting 11.

Last edited:
It's games like tonight where you think we are 1/2 quality players short.

I know we had umpteen players out but you can tell our midfield and our forward line needs an injection of quality.

Goes back to the same old questions.

Have we improved the squad ? Yes

Have we genuinely improved the first 11 ? Not for me.

Surely the goal is to improve the regular starting 11?

Not writing any one off or calling them a dud, but I’ve no time for sentiments and if the goal is to be the best you possible can whilst continuing to improve and moving up a level. Then, that comes by adding better quality players. If a Ryan Jack or Scott Arfield are replaced and becomes more of a squad played, then so be it.

We’ve a strong squad but the first 11 could do with going up a level. We saw that against Leverkusen, Prague and will continue to do so the better sides we come up against.

If we get past Malmö then Olympiacos/Ludogorets are a level above them too. Olympiacos are Slavia Prague level, possibly above.

Getting to the Europa league last 16 two seasons running would suggest that is our current level.

If we want to go up, we need to actually improve the 11. I think Lundstram and Sakala will be good signings overall but it’s clear they aren’t going to be better in Europe than Jack and Morelos.

We need to actually strengthen.

Getting to the Europa league last 16 two seasons running would suggest that is our current level.

If we want to go up, we need to actually improve the 11. I think Lundstram and Sakala will be good signings overall but it’s clear they aren’t going to be better in Europe than Jack and Morelos.

We need to actually strengthen.
Where would you strengthen ?
Midfield

Not writing any one off or calling them a dud, but I’ve no time for sentiments and if the goal is to be the best you possible can whilst continuing to improve and moving up a level. Then, that comes by adding better quality players. If a Ryan Jack or Scott Arfield are replaced and becomes more of a squad played, then so be it.

We’ve a strong squad but the first 11 could do with going up a level. We saw that against Leverkusen, Prague and will continue to do so the better sides we come up against.

If we get past Malmö then Olympiacos/Ludogorets are a level above them too. Olympiacos are Slavia Prague level, possibly above.
I've chopped and my changed my opinion on signings but for me 2/3 real quality additions takes us up that to the next level.

A defender with genuine pace

A Kamara type box to box midfielder

A right sided forward similar to Kent

That's the areas that we could do with a boost.

Jack was a miss tonight but long term he's a squad player and Arfield for me is already at that stage.

Domestically our squad is fine and will hold there own comfortably but in Europe you need that extra bit of dynamic quality and it was needed tonight albeit we had players missing.

I'll be intrigued if we can push the boat out for that extra bit of quality all depends on Malmo return leg and getting a lot of fringe players off the wage bill you would think.

Last edited:

I’ve genuinely read people saying we can’t improve the first 11.

Some people get far too caught up in sentiment.

Realistically I think a few seasons before we’re at a really high level (properly competing in Champions League) as we still have a few steps in our ‘evolution‘ to go (centre back, for example, is a place that next summer we should look at improving with players that have pace). This summer I think a midfielder is the clear priority. One preferably with a good technically quality and athleticism about them.

Obvious we still need reinforcements. Prague game in particular reinforced that. We have a chance to really push even further ahead of the competition, on and off the park (financially), in Scotland with potential access to £40m through CL qualification this season & winning the league. Obviously not as easy as you need two parties to agree to it but if we don’t have the money this summer bring in the player we want on a loan with option/obligation To buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back