Archive The Summer 2021 Rangers Rumours and Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah well, at least next summer will be interesting because right now we are looking at a serious rebuilding job .

Harsh to say I'm slighty disappointed by this window ? Keeping the big guns is great but given the contract situation of most of them I can't help but feel we've simply kicked the can down the road in 12 months time. Felt that punting one of them would allow us to refresh the squad a wee bit. We can only hope that we've got this right and we secure the direct CL qualification and hit the jackpot because the alternative doesn't look great to me.

Kamara, Kent, Borna, Helander and Alfie will all have a year left on their deals next summer. Goldson will probably walk away for nothing. Davis, Greegs and Arfield all out of contract.

Let's see how it goes with extensions. We have good players at 19/20 in the B team and out on loan. We have Wright developing in Kents position, Bassey in Bornas. The older guys don't have a resale value but we already have an excellent no2 keeper and McCann in our B side for midfield. Stay calm I'm sure there's a plan

Sakala isn’t a like for like replacement for Itten, if you think that then you know nothing about football. Itten is a goalscorer and Sakala is a wide forward.
Alegria may be that replacement. He wasnt taken here to stay in the B team. He is 19, not really a youngster, I reckon the coaching staff may have seen enough already to think he is worth promoting to the first team squad pretty soon.

Let's see how it goes with extensions. We have good players at 19/20 in the B team and out on loan. We have Wright developing in Kents position, Bassey in Bornas. The older guys don't have a resale value but we already have an excellent no2 keeper and McCann in our B side for midfield and Kelly being mentored. Stay calm I'm sure there's a plan

Alegria may be that replacement. He wasnt taken here to stay in the B team. He is 19, not really a youngster, I reckon the coaching staff may have seen enough already to think he is worth promoting to the first team squad pretty soon.

I think you are right, he is getting used to the Rangers environment quietly but he's a physically strong guy not a typical teenager and he has some first team experience in Finland. I think we will see him before the seasons out. Weston, Graham, Lindsay are a couple of years younger and less physically ready

Jeeso man.

Should Gerrard/Wilson be sacked because we didn’t sign a bang average midfielder? We have 10 players in the squad that can play CM, I’ll confidently say 9 of them are better than McCann.

He’s going to Preston for that price for a reason.
Plus it's not just the sign off fee. That may have gone up when we joined the bidding plus we would need to at least match his wages.

See if this boy wasn’t foreign do you think everybody would still be talking about him?

I think you are right, he is getting used to the Rangers environment quietly but he's a physically strong guy not a typical teenager and he has some first team experience in Finland. I think we will see him before the seasons out. Weston, Graham, Lindsay are a couple of years younger and less physically ready
It is a bit mental in Scotland the way we call players at 22 "youngsters", as you say you can players who develop physically faster than others. In that case age is just a number and should be no barrier to promotion to the first team. We have shown that it isnt anyway with patterson.

See if this boy wasn’t foreign do you think everybody would still be talking about him?

I think we would, we have been linked with him for a while.

I’m thinking it will be similar to the Bassey deal and we will see him start to be brought in to the squad (assuming he is doing well). Same with the boy we brought in from Man Utd.

These guys (or some others) need to become part of the clubs future)

Aye ok mate

best get on to gerrard and tell him that Reyna12 says somebody should be sacked for not going for a player he rates
It was tongue in cheek, as mentioned a couple of posts down from that one, but I had Wilson and the scouts in mind rather than Gerrard.

I don't think he's Messi, don't think we should've spent £7mil on Veerman after missing out on CL, never wanted us to spend on JJ, Lewis Morgan, Lewis Ferguson or Charlie Telfer amongst others mentioned.

I do think if he was available to us for under £1.5mil it would have been worth stretching the budget for a guy that at the age of 21 has a bit of European experience, has stood out in our league and would be a home-grown nation player for our European squad (which we are short on)

Especially with questions over Jacks and Oforboh's fitness and Arfield's usefulness.

Since when is 19 not a youngster? Unless they are an exceptional talent like a Greenwood, Pedri etc haha. IMO Alegria wont be anywhere near the first team this season.

Remember the mini-meltdowns on here over Charlie Telfer (currently at Falkirk) being let go to Dundee Utd for a 'paltry' 250k?

What about the people having tantrums about us not signing Jamie Walker?

Remember when it was 'embarrassing' that we wouldn't pay 1m (or 'whatever killie want') for Jordan Jones?

Oh, and Lewis Morgan was another that some sections of FF lost their shit over, particularly cause he went to them. We would rue the day we let them get him for 1m.

In short, plenty of people just catastrophise every signing we don't make. Equally, they are quick to write off the ones we do make as not good enough after about 7 minutes of play.

This is my favourite post on here of all time.

And I was there for "if they didn't have f*nnies we'd throw bricks at them".

If we had loaned out Itten and brought in Sakala yesterday people would have been delighted, we were proactive and got Sakala in for free at the start of the window.

Only concern is whether Defoe is will contribute anything as a player now, he seems to get injured as soon as he plays. If not then Alegria may get some playing time

If we had loaned out Itten and brought in Sakala yesterday people would have been delighted, we were proactive and got Sakala in for free at the start of the window.

Only concern is whether Defoe is will contribute anything as a player now, he seems to get injured as soon as he plays. If not then Alegria may get some playing time
Sakala for me doesn’t replace itten he’s a totally different player I’m intrigued to see how we use the boy

But the absolute clamour to right the boy off is absolutely ridiculous he’s came in as a top performer in a very good league

I’ve been lied to, haha. That’s been the highlight of the thread.

Hopefully something up our sleave for January. Hagi and Wright have been very decent signings in that window in the last few years and will allow us to get someone bedded in for the CL. B-D

Ah well, at least next summer will be interesting because right now we are looking at a serious rebuilding job .

Harsh to say I'm slighty disappointed by this window ? Keeping the big guns is great but given the contract situation of most of them I can't help but feel we've simply kicked the can down the road in 12 months time. Felt that punting one of them would allow us to refresh the squad a wee bit. We can only hope that we've got this right and we secure the direct CL qualification and hit the jackpot because the alternative doesn't look great to me.

Kamara, Kent, Borna, Helander and Alfie will all have a year left on their deals next summer. Goldson will probably walk away for nothing. Davis, Greegs and Arfield all out of contract.

Alex Ferguson said many times you have to strengthen from the top.

I honestly believe we haven’t done that

You must be shattered the day big guy with being up late and that last night, today’s a new day anyway buddy forget it
Glad I went to bed , realised it was all nonsense anyway . We’ve kept the core of our team and we have trimmed the squad where needed , no complaints from me , we could’ve been doing without the crazy speculation but that seems to be the modern way of things .

Overall it was an ok transfer window. This was the summer to go for it and push the boat out, but i understand wny tbe invested did not. I just hope in 12 months were not kicking ourselfs about it.

How many players actually sign Pre-contracts for all the chat of it? I know we've signed a few but it seems quite rare amongst higher level players.

Christie could've signed a pre contract all summer but ended up going for a fee, all teams would rather not have to wait for players.

If we had lost on Sunday, I wonder if we would have been happy with the zero incomings last night? I doubt it.

We may still have the same issues before the game on Sunday with zero energy and poor displays and really thought we'd strengthen or at least bring in a loan to give us an even bigger morale boost from Sundays game.

It is what it is though, we hopefully get the time to sort things out due to the international break and go again and get to the levels we were at last season.

If we had lost on Sunday, I wonder if we would have been happy with the zero incomings last night? I doubt it.

We may still have the same issues before the game on Sunday with zero energy and poor displays and really thought we'd strengthen or at least bring in a loan to give us an even bigger morale boost from Sundays game.

It is what it is though, we hopefully get the time to sort things out due to the international break and go again and get to the levels we were at last season.
Sunday would indicate we have sorted things out partly. We kick on from here. We’re better in every dept to them.

I must be one of the very few not disappointed in not signing Ali McCann.

I would have liked a player of real quality brought in but that never happened. Our squad is intact until January at the earliest.

Get players fit, find form and go and deliver. A great win at the weekend against Celtic to kick on from.

Hopefully we will see Juninho Bacuna soon and he brings that injection of quality.
Has anybody even thought what the lad McCann himself wants. Maybe he wants to move to England and try to build a career from there.

Goldson will sign a pre contract with someone in january cant believe were allowing this
Allowing what exactly? He either does or doesn't want to sign an extension, there's not much else the club can do if he doesn't want to. Maybe he wants to speak to other clubs in January before deciding, maybe nobody wants to buy him.

Has anybody even thought what the lad McCann himself wants. Maybe he wants to move to England and try to build a career from there.

I don’t really care tbh. If you aren’t interested in Rangers then you are no use to me.

* not that I’m saying McCann wouldn’t have been interested. We clearly weren’t.

Sakala isn’t a like for like replacement for Itten, if you think that then you know nothing about football. Itten is a goalscorer and Sakala is a wide forward.
At no point in my post did I mention Itten let alone claim Sakala was a like for like replacement for him. Having said that do replacements always have to be like for like? And having watched Rangers for 55 years I am confident that my knowledge of football will, at worst, match your own.

We have a good history of signing from other SPL teams that turn out good. I think the problem is the standard nowadays is so ridiculously low that there's nobody that can improve us.

McCann, Ferguson, Nesbit, all decent players at their level but really would any remotely get a sniff near our side? McCann was heralded as a potential gem but 1m to bloody Preston?
I think once Bacuna was signed, the likelihood of also signing McCann was remote. For Gerrard, it was probably either one or the other, I personally, feel we missed the boat on McCann, but time will tell.

Allowing what exactly? He either does or doesn't want to sign an extension, there's not much else the club can do if he doesn't want to. Maybe he wants to speak to other clubs in January before deciding, maybe nobody wants to buy him.
Allowing him to leave for free considering he plays every single game and must be considered our most important player. or do you think we should let our best players leave for nothing?

I don’t really care tbh. If you aren’t interested in Rangers then you are no use to me.

* not that I’m saying McCann wouldn’t have been interested. We clearly weren’t.
I'm not disagreeing with anything you say. I was just pointing out that we seem to have just took it for granted that he wanted to sign and people seem to be having a go at the club for not getting him.

Allowing him to leave for free considering he plays every single game and must be considered our most important player. or do you think we should let our best players leave for nothing?
As I stated though, which you clearly have just ignored - there is not much the club can do if he doesn't sign the extension on offer. What if he doesn't want to leave this season? The amount of people who think we can just rip up a players contract or make other clubs buy our players baffles me.

He can also sign an extension from any point from now until next summer.

Why? sakala lundstram bacuna can’t possibly be judged right now
In my opinion, based on prior viewing of Lundstram, he offers nothing extra to the team that the players already here dont possess. And add his alleged salary and thats another bone of contention.
Sakala doesnt strike me as someone that can have a direct impact domestically - however Europa maybe a different case where his pace can be utilised.
Bacuna for me wont dislodge Kent/Roofe/Hagi/Aribo - again just my opinion.
We havent improved the first 11 for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back