The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All we need to bring in is a cam who provides goals and assists, there’s thousands of them in world football. No player is irreplaceable, sure they might not be as versatile as aribo but that’s why you invest in a couple of positions with that money to mitigate Aribos absence, like a right winger as well.
Okay from the thousands you mention if it’s that easy name one we could get for less than £10 million.

Some amount of pressure going on the shoulders of young Lowry this summer if some of these posts are anything to go by

Still needs to develop physically and won’t be asked to play 30+ games, if / when Aribo goes we need someone fully ready to go into first team and let Lowry develop into the fine player he will undoubtedly be with good pros around him
McLaughlin not good enough to start last season but good enough to be number 1 next season.
Lowry not good enough to start more than 3 league games last year but good enough to be first 11 pick next year.
Diallo not good enough last season but get him back he'll be good enough next season.

:confused:

It's the one glaring weakness I see in Lowry's game too and probably why he hasn't had any minutes yet in a big game for us.

You can't carry defensive passengers against top opposition and not get punished.

However, I'm sure it's something Lowry and the coaching staff will be working hard on.

Spot on, every outfield player has to play their part defensively, no more carrying a prima donna who won't do the hard part of closing down space and tracking back.

As you say Lowry is young, he'll be allowed a few lapses but he'll quickly learn, if not he won't play.

To win the league back attacking talent is what we need. We have enough solid physical players and tidy continuity players. We need more Tav, Kent, Buff level threats.

I'd blow the budget on the forward areas whatever the budget may be. Having high level options to rotate and not have to run Buff into the ground is most important
Totally agree.

A wide right attacker and attacking midfielder that will get us 10+ goals a season each is paramount, IMO.

Aribos lack of sharpness or fluctuating sharpness is surely down to a 70+ game season. Literally played more minutes than any other player in world football. It's a miracle he didn't break down injured.

That said, if he stays asking him to do another 60 this season's and a world cup is surely too much and Lowry has to be given 10-15 games from the start
Nigeria are not at the WC.

He will get a very welcome 4 week break in Nov/Dec.

Name one player who could replace Aribo for £10 million mate. Who brings what he brings.

That's up to Ross Wilson, the scouting department and manager.

Who's to say we can't get a better player - doesn't have to be like for like or identical to Aribo because you'll do well to find another player like him. However, we could unearth a different player who brings more to the side.

It's the same with Morelos or Kamara.

Is that not the job of our scouting team instead of expecting a poster on an anonymous forum to give you the answer?

We will find one, we won’t spend anywhere near £10m to do so
Of course it is but it’s also a discussion football transfer thread/forum. If a poster states it will be easy to replace Aribo because there are “thousands” of players like him available for £10 million or less , it’s not unreasonable to ask the poster to name just one such player. Is it?

BJhh.gif
This gif is phenomenal and I don't know why

Okay from the thousands you mention if it’s that easy name one we could get for less than £10 million.
we found Aribo for less than £10m, why can’t that happen again? As much as I think Aribos a great player he’s not going to be irreplaceable. Give Lowry a couple of seasons of playing consistently and he might become as good if not better than Aribo.

Much better players have left us over the years and we have found replacements. This is how we need to operate, buy potential, develop them and sell for a profit.

we found Aribo for less than £10m, why can’t that happen again? As much as I think Aribos a great player he’s not going to be irreplaceable. Give Lowry a couple of seasons of playing consistently and he might become as good if not better than Aribo.

Much better players have left us over the years and we have found replacements. This is how we need to operate, buy potential, develop them and sell for a profit.
I love Lowry but he’s a totally different type of player than Joe Aribo.

Again I’ll ask if these ready made Aribo replacements are out there waiting to be signed, name just one? The stock answer of” well that’s Ross Wilson’s job no mine” isn’t good enough. If you are saying there’s loads of players out there then surely you can name one who can step in and do what Aribo does?

There is literally tens of them we could get, if the recruitment is right.

Lincoln 12 G/A in the Portuguese league. One of the best talents in it. Just left Santa Clara and signed for Fener for £3.5m. Missed the boat but shows the talent is there for a decent price.

Yassine Benrahou 18 G/A in Ligue 2. 3rd most chances created in the league. 22yo. £5m max.

Filip Krovinovic. 13 G/A for Hadjuk Split last year. Bit older at 26yo, been at West Brom & Benfica. Quite flexible in position, similar to Aribo in that respect. Career been pretty stop start at times but a very solid year for Hadjuk last year. £3-4m would get him.

I love Lowry but he’s a totally different type of player than Joe Aribo.

Again I’ll ask if these ready made Aribo replacements are out there waiting to be signed, name just one? The stock answer of” well that’s Ross Wilson’s job no mine” isn’t good enough. If you are saying there’s loads of players out there then surely you can name one who can step in and do what Aribo does?
Where did I say there are loads of replacements out there? All I said is he’s not going to be irreplaceable and better players than him have left us before. You keep saying name one player, but I’m not a football scout I watch Rangers and the occasional other games, not English lower leagues etc. Before we signed Aribo I had never heard of him or seen him play, so it’s no unrealistic to think there are others exactly like him. That and how is anyone expecting to know the price of players? If its £10m signing fee and you aren’t taking into consideration if they would actually sign for Rangers, then Pogba, Ericksen and Dybala are on free transfers this season.

You are right, it can and will happen and has happened for as long we have been playing football. People love talking about our player trading model ( hate that phrase btw) but when you suggest actually implementing this model, some people freak out and say you can't sell him, not for that much, how can you replace him? We have had better players than most of our current players at various times over the years who we have bought and sold and moved on and improved. I think there is a fear after so much shite years to finally get a team that has eventually done very well, to break that up. Understandable, but we can and will sell these players and move on and be successful again. That said I will totally contradict myself and say Alfie must stay and can't be replaced cos I love him:shh:

Where did I say there are loads of replacements out there? All I said is he’s not going to be irreplaceable and better players than him have left us before. You keep saying name one player, but I’m not a football scout I watch Rangers and the occasional other games, not English lower leagues etc. Before we signed Aribo I had never heard of him or seen him play, so it’s no unrealistic to think there are others exactly like him. That and how is anyone expecting to know the price of players? If its £10m signing fee and you aren’t taking into consideration if they would actually sign for Rangers, then Pogba, Ericksen and Dybala are on free transfers this season.
Let’s hope he signs on the dotted line and we don’t need to worry about finding a replacement. The truth is nobody can bring what he brings not within our budget anyway. Do all we can to keep him.

Name one player who could replace Aribo for £10 million mate. Who brings what he brings.

It’s going to be hard, as @brain rightly points out mate.

I’m a massive fan of Joe, but we can’t get nothing for him.

To me you could argue that you need two players to replace him, one for the physical side of his game & the versatility he gives the squad, including aerially, and then there’s the goals & assists. 20 in total last year for us & Nigeria I think ?

So you'd just scrap it?
Probably not but there comes a point where someone needs to question the investment. Sadly we are still not out of the woods financially until we see some decent player sales. I also think the academy is there to show our young players there is a genuine route to the first team and as yet , imo, it’s not quite there yet.

Probably not but there comes a point where someone needs to question the investment. Sadly we are still not out of the woods financially until we see some decent player sales. I also think the academy is there to show our young players there is a genuine route to the first team and as yet , imo, it’s not quite there yet.

I think it needs time mate, given that it was neglected for a number of years.

We are moving forward now. The Scotland youth squads now regularly have a handful of young Rangers players.

In the years ahead that will translate to first team players & sellable assets imo.

Anyone heard anymore about the Brazilian boy Lazaro from Flamengo? Was talk a few weeks ago. Attacking midfielder in the 5m bracket.

Page 493 summary for anyone just joining us: apparently all our players are pish, all other players are brilliant (unless they're Scottish, in which case they're pish), and someone's having a chug to Melinda Messenger
This will be a controversial take but... I never found Melinda Messenger that hot, great body aye, but too nice to be genuinely sexy, then again I prefer brunettes and gingers

The Joe Aribo pre AFCON is irreplaceable but he didn't reach the same heights from Feb onwards. Makes it easier for me to accept.

To me you could argue that you need two players to replace him, one for the physical side of his game & the versatility he gives the squad, including aerially, and then there’s the goals & assists. 20 in total last year for us & Nigeria I think ?
Goal tally the disappointment for me Grigo. He’s not far off only a goal every 6 games for us and for the amount of ball he sees every match I’d be looking for nearer one in four. Same for Kent.

McLaughlin not good enough to start last season but good enough to be number 1 next season.
Lowry not good enough to start more than 3 league games last year but good enough to be first 11 pick next year.
Diallo not good enough last season but get him back he'll be good enough next season.

:confused:
I don't think you can put McLaughlin in the same bracket as the two inconsistent young talents who are still learning their trade. He never put a foot wrong when selected and commands his area as good as anyone around.

It's quite worrying how many people have played a few seasons of football manager and think it's the same in the real world.
If you mean me I would not know where to start with FM. Not my thing.

It was reported on here he had a final year clause of £10m. Similar to Haaland having a final year clause.

I have no idea if that is true.

My point was that the final year does not start until 1 July so nothing is imminent.

If you mean me I would not know where to start with FM. Not my thing.

It was reported on here he had a final year clause of £10m. Similar to Haaland having a final year clause.

I have no idea if that is true.

My point was that the final year does not start until 1 July so nothing is imminent.
As if he would have to sit tight until the 1st of July because of a clause in his contract for another week until a clause kicked in. Ridiculous to think that it's all agreed and waiting on a certain date to trigger it for legality, when both clubs would just come to an agreement because there is a clause.

Think about it logically for a second and forget the hyperbole. Any club that wanted him and were given a specific price would understand fully and pay the going rate of said clause. It's not as if they have been told that they could get him for 15m today or wait a week and get 20% off.

If Aribo does have a final year clause he won't be going anywhere until 1 July as that is when the final year starts.

Don’t get folk acting like he’s gone already. We’ve had no bid for him.

Aribo, Kamara, Tav etc are linked with the tin pot EPL teams literally every transfer window. Have we had an actual cash offer once?

I’m going to disagree mate, I think Joe will be easy to replace and will be shocked when it does happen.

For me Joe finds himself in a lot of positions the Jorg Albertz, Nerlinger and Ferguson did where there was a shot to be had to 7/10 they should be hitting target and or scoring, when you see the amount of time Joe wasted chances especially against them - the best way to put it is I would be interested to see if we reinvests 5/6 million on a replacement and see what the ratios changes to.

If I was being callous, it was Joe and Kent’s lack of contribution from December onwards that cost us the league.

We were relying on Alfie or Goldson to chip in with the goals

Aribo, Kamara, Tav etc are linked with the tin pot EPL teams literally every transfer window. Have we ever had an actual cash offer once?
I think more than enough clubs have declared interest mate.

We will end up with 10 million in the next week IMO

I’m going to disagree mate, I think Joe will be easy to replace and will be shocked when it does happen.

For me Joe finds himself in a lot of positions the Jorg Albertz, Nerlinger and Ferguson did where there was a shot to be had to 7/10 they should be hitting target and or scoring, when you see the amount of time Joe wasted chances especially against them - the best way to put it is I would be interested to see if we reinvests 5/6 million on a replacement and see what the ratios changes to.

If I was being callous, it was Joe and Kent’s lack of contribution from December onwards that cost us the league.

We were relying on Alfie or Goldson to chip in with the goals
100% agree with you. Aribo and Kent (especially)‘d goal returns last year were poor. Many games we could have killed off if we’d had more goals from the front three/four.

Aribo, Kamara, Tav etc are linked with the tin pot EPL teams literally every transfer window. Have we had an actual cash offer once?
I take it from the media partners tweets that Rangers know he isn't signing a new contract and he will be gone once his buyout clause triggers next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back