The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be a controversial take but... I never found Melinda Messenger that hot, great body aye, but too nice to be genuinely sexy, then again I prefer brunettes and gingers
I remember going to see some punky band as a youth called (I think) Plan A (either that or I've got Mark Warburton induced brain rot). They introduced a song by saying: "this song is dedicated to Melinda Messenger.... it's called Monkey Face!"

Far better players than the current crop have gone and been replaced over the years. I think i will trust in Gio and his staff before going into total meltdown. FF is a hoot at transfer time.
Said it loads of times, we all agree selling at a good price is our model but when we go to do it people go mental.

Aribo is a good player, and it won’t be easy to replace him but certainly not impossible. We have lost better players than Joe and went on to have good seasons, especially if we use the cash to strengthen more than one position.

If it's right about Aribo then our main transfer business will kick off next week. If you get 50% + of your recruitment right you are doing well. We have with Aribo ,Alfie ,Kamara, Kent Hagi done pretty well . I feel confident our recruitment team will get us some really good players to replace any who go.

Far better players than the current crop have gone and been replaced over the years. I think i will trust in Gio and his staff before going into total meltdown. FF is a hoot at transfer time.
Correct bud. I will miss Morelos when he goes but it's the king is dead long live the king scenario.
Willie Henderson, Colin Stein, Derek Johnstone, Davie Cooper, Terry Butcher, Gazza and Brian Laudrup are just a few in my lifetime who have left but we still moved on.

If Hastie received 200k for his final year, means he was on nearly £4k a week?
He may have been on more than that. Chances are he might have agreed to a % of his remaining contract, that way he could sign for someone else and end up making the rest up that way.

People seem to forget or are too young to know but arguably the greatest player I’ve seen in Brian Laudrup we were offered £5.5m back then, which is probs my like £25m in todays money entering his final year and we kept him. He played the year out and wasn’t the same player, his motivation had gone and he walked out the door for nothing.

Goldson is the only player I’ve seen who performed to the same level in his last year probably because he was staying anyway. Other players need to protect their investment (themselves) to get that move.

I don’t care if we have Messi in our team, he’s sold in his final year for the good of Rangers. All these comfort blankets on here crying that we can’t sell this one or that one as we’ll fall apart need to put their big boy pants on and realise there are new heroes to be made at our great club.

People seem to forget or are too young to know but arguably the greatest player I’ve seen in Brian Laudrup we were offered £5.5m back then, which is probs my like £25m in todays money entering his final year and we kept him. He played the year out and wasn’t the same player, his motivation had gone and he walked out the door for nothing.

Goldson is the only player I’ve seen who performed to the same level in his last year probably because he was staying anyway. Other players need to protect their investment (themselves) to get that move.

I don’t care if we have Messi in our team, he’s sold in his final year for the good of Rangers. All these comfort blankets on here crying that we can’t sell this one or that one as we’ll fall apart need to put their big boy pants on and realise there are new heroes to be made at our great club.
Lovenkrands had a remarkable return to form in his final year. Depends on player and if they have a concrete offer. Many use it to put themselves right in shop window for big move. Others down tools.

In the main that is correct but you have to find a buyer, the price has to be right and the player has to agree to it.

If Hastie received 200k for his final year, means he was on nearly £4k a week?
Here’s what I don’t get…why pay someone off for the remainder of their contract in full, especially where they’re moving to another club? What’s in it for us?

Here’s what I don’t get…why pay someone off for the remainder of their contract in full, especially where they’re moving to another club? What’s in it for us?
Cheaper? Maybe £200k was less than he would get if he stayed the remaining year and it frees up budget for someone else

I'm of the opinion players deserve that, mostly. The club offered the contract, they should honour it unless the player has acted in a way that could be considered gross misconduct etc.

It didn't work out, but Hastie doesn't deserve to be punished as such for that.

I doubt we would.

It would be a percentage of remaining contractual wages paid as a lump sum.

He may have been on 6k a week but we pay 200k upfront rather than 312k over a year.

He makes up the shortfall (and possibly more) at his new club.

Cheaper? Maybe £200k was less than he would get if he stayed the remaining year and it frees up budget for someone else
If we paid him less than what his salary would have been I get it. Just some posts suggesting we paid up his final year. Maybe just the wording.

That's some long game the club and Goldson played if it's true.

With regard to Laudrup, he actually told Murray he was going in a year no matter what and this was his last chance to cash in.

Alex Ferguson says in his diary of the 96/97 season that he was convinced he was going to Old Trafford that summer.

I'm of the opinion players deserve that, mostly. The club offered the contract, they should honour it unless the player has acted in a way that could be considered gross misconduct etc.

It didn't work out, but Hastie doesn't deserve to be punished as such for that.
Football is bizarre like that. In most walks of life you don’t get a bung when you go from one job to another, no matter how great a worker you are or how nice a guy you are.

We lost ten in a row because we didnt want to move folk on in their last year of their contracts

Also have to recognise we have a team playing at the highest levels of European football. Don't want to lose all of that. Even if we could win the conference league it's massive. There are a couple tho who are at a good selling point and keeping folk beyond their own interest never works.

Okay from the thousands you mention if it’s that easy name one we could get for less than £10 million.
I’m not part of an extensive scouting network mate, not really one off the top of my head :)) but if a scouting network can’t identify someone like that then there is something wrong with the scouting network. Aribo is replaceable, just like Morelos and kent etc. Everyone is replaceable. Especially for less than £10 million.

Not saying they are the same level of player but turnbull for them against everyone bar us has scored and assisted in our league pretty well. He cost Celtic like £3 million. There is players out there. The player we bring in won’t be the same style of player aribo is due to how unique he can be but bring in someone who can provide goals and assists from cam as well as a right winger then we make the team significantly stronger. As a poster above has shown, there are plenty of good buys around that 2/3/4 million mark that could be an aribo replacement.

Last edited:
Aribo was notoriously poor at tracking runners tbh had the physical profile but rarely put it to good use defensively.
You may have stats to back this up but watching Aribo suggests there is no issue with him tracking back and closing down.

Tackling may not be his forte but I've never noticed him being lacking in closing down.

I’ve never seen a Rangers team perform in Europe as well as the ‘current crop’, people who want to rip this whole squad apart as it seems on here and lose that are mad.

We have had great individual players through the years but rarely if ever have we had a team that can go toe to toe in Europe and not get taken apart.

Football is bizarre like that. In most walks of life you don’t get a bung when you go from one job to another, no matter how great a worker you are or how nice a guy you are.

In most walks of life we don't sign relatively short term contracts that are so heavily reliant on performance, mind you.

I can fall asleep at my desk at least once every day and still get paid the same!

Those on about Aribo likely to depart when the alleged £10m release clause kicks in next week

Surely if the club know he’s wanting to go to the EPL, and his agent has told us about any intentions, we could just tell his agent we’ll sell him for £10m today rather than wait a week?

Let’s us get money in and possibly speed up our business by a week

That lot across the city strengthened and did so again in January - ultimately that won them the league - as of now they have strengthened again - as much as it’s early days in the transfer window - it’s imperative that we strengthen also and do not make the same mistakes
Hopefully get some new signings in next week
come on Ross Wilson

You may have stats to back this up but watching Aribo suggests there is no issue with him tracking back and closing down.

Tackling may not be his forte but I've never noticed him being lacking in closing down.
I'm sure there was a stat, maybe the previous season where he was one of if not the best for winning the ball back. Occasionally he does switch off when tracking runners or at least used to but wouldn't say notorious for it

I’ve never seen a Rangers team perform in Europe as well as the ‘current crop’, people who want to rip this whole squad apart as it seems on here and lose that are mad.

We have had great individual players through the years but rarely if ever have we had a team that can go toe to toe in Europe and not get taken apart.

And a massive factor in that has been the fact they've been able to stay together for a few years and grow as a team at that level.

We should all be enjoying the World Cup and not driving ourselves mad with the absolutely %^*& all happening close season, but they fucked about with the World Cup and now it’s at Christmas!

That lot across the city strengthened and did so again in January - ultimately that won them the league - as of now they have strengthened again - as much as it’s early days in the transfer window - it’s imperative that we strengthen also and do not make the same mistakes
Strengthened where? They lost Rogic and Bitton and have signed Carter vickers on perm deal instead of a loan. They have a bench warming keeper signed up. I don't see where they have strengthened

I'm sure there was a stat, maybe the previous season where he was one of if not the best for winning the ball back. Occasionally he does switch off when tracking runners or at least used to but wouldn't say notorious for it
Tracking runners used to be an issue for Aribo when he played in that left of the midfield three position in Gerrard’s system. Not a problem since Gio has come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back