The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taylor does ok for them I reckon. They should be able to do better but he's generally fine.

They've had a few players in that haven't done better in recent seasons - Bolingoli, Laxalt, Scales - the new signing might be much better but I don't think it's an absolute certainty yet.

We have generally been outstanding in qualifiers over the last 5 years.

We have been far from outstanding. From recent memory, beaten home and away by an average Malmo side. Even qualifying for the Europa League last season we were hardly convincing against the might of Armenia that is Alashkert. We were not properly prepared for those games and it showed. We are witnessing the exact same scenario play out right now.

A poster earlier mentioned this - I think we're hoping to make sales after the end of the financial year as such on June 30th.

We're going to have tax taken from any profit we make, so it might be best if we push the incomings into the next year which may not be as profitable as this one (of course, it could be more, remains to be seen).

I’d have thought we’d have massive tax losses brought forward mate.

I’ll be really surprised if we pay a penny of tax.

We have been far from outstanding. From recent memory, beaten home and away by an average Malmo side. Even qualifying for the Europa League last season we were hardly convincing against the might of Armenia that is Alashkert. We were not properly prepared for those games and it showed. We are witnessing the exact same scenario play out right now.
If by "recent memeory" you mean last season, fair enough. If it means anything more than one season, as I said in my post, we have been excellent.

Pre-season hasn't even begun yet lol last season due to internationals we had a handful of key players not getting back until a few days before the league and CL qualifiers. We will hopefully be a lot better prepared this time round.

I agree entirely.It's not as if it's arrived like a bolt out of the blue.Past failures to qualify for the CL has to set a precedent and I would imagine most folk's logic will be the same-get players in as soon as possible to acclimatise them to their new environment/way of playing.

This theory gives you the best chance of being ready for the qualifiers.

It’s like they haven’t seen it before baffling.

Questions are going to have to be asked where’s the money

It's quite obvious we can't spend decent money until we sell for decent money. That is fine, but when you know this is the case things should be moving a lot quicker. Players should have been made aware that if they are not interested in signing a new deal they will be shipped out asap as we simply cannot afford to let players run down their contract. If we need to accept a cut fee so be it but at least it gets some money in and allows us to move forward.

This theory gives you the best chance of being ready for the qualifiers.

It’s like they haven’t seen it before baffling.

Questions are going to have to be asked where’s the money
I see you've started another thread asking where the 'money' is, presumably because Celtic are spending and we haven't, yet

The directors of the club will spend if necessary - it should be noted that we dont actually know what our budget is due to possible outgoings.

A poster earlier mentioned this - I think we're hoping to make sales after the end of the financial year as such on June 30th.

We're going to have tax taken from any profit we make, so it might be best if we push the incomings into the next year which may not be as profitable as this one (of course, it could be more, remains to be seen).
We have several years of accumulated losses that would mitigate any tax liability in the current trading year so I doubt this comes into the thinking.

Didn't do so well in the CL qualifiers last season unless I'm mistaken

Unless sarcasm is involved here
Multiple reasons for that though. Preseason after the Euros had players all starting at different times and in different condition. Malmo being a good chunk of the way through their season, injuries, suspensions and isolation periods to key players, defensive brain farts etc and even with all that we still should have really qualified at Ibrox being honest. This season is hardly the same as last season in that regard.

That was the one bad qualifier we have had in 4 years.

Ultimately Gerrard has to carry the can for that, we were miles off it going into last season and it showed, winning against ten men at home, then fecking it up was not due to the squad not being good enough.

We would all like players in pronto but if we can start the season well prepared then this squad is more than good enough to negotiate a couple of CL qualifiers.
Gerrards tactics, 2nd half against Malmo were dreadful. Gios more tactically astute imo.

Feel like this could and should he a goer, a nice project player with bags of potential and an eye for goal.
Lot of money for a project player who hasnt played in the top tier of a league yet for a club in our position(ie money is tight).

Personally think it will be too much of a risk v reward for our board/management team.

There's going to be a rather predictable meltdown in this thread when an Aribo is sold for around £10m and the replacement comes in around the £2-3m price range. Anyone expecting 6-7m signings is likely setting themselves up for a disappointment!
Most, but not all, realise how it works in the main.

But relatively low, improve the player to sell for a far greater fee. Then repeat.

Until we get a massive increase in broadcasting revenue we have no alternative but to do this.

I agree entirely.It's not as if it's arrived like a bolt out of the blue.Past failures to qualify for the CL has to set a precedent and I would imagine most folk's logic will be the same-get players in as soon as possible to acclimatise them to their new environment/way of playing.
People go on about our recent European record and it is best in my lifetime. But whenever we reach the groups of any competition we usually do half decent. Odd occasion we have a complete mare but more often than not we're competitive in it picking up points. Our main issues with failures in Europe going back nigh on 30 years now is the early season qualifiers.
That's where the really bad results have came by and large.

I have no desire to rip this squad to bits but there is a finacial reality we have to take into account.

If we have offers on the table for anyone in their last year and they refuse to sign an extension i would be looking to sell.

Doesn't mean i don't appreciate their effort for us, doesn't mean they will sign either. But the reality is we cant afford to have 40 millions quids worth of talent to walk out the door next year for nothing. We need to generate cash from player trading, we must start that.

Looking at it another way. If those clinging to the players were told GVB would have 30 million (made up number but depending on sales could be a reasonable guess) for a re fresh / re build. Would that ease their anxiety a bit?
Agree, but tbf, we've already started generating cash from player trading with Patterson.

The directors of the club will spend if necessary - it should be noted that we dont actually know what our budget is due to possible outgoings.

No nothing to do with them I don’t care personally just want us to get into the CL and our journey to the top is complete

We have to put them aside until we pull it off

As I’ve said we are a striker short of everyone being very confident of it happening wouldn’t you agree?

Morelos you’d assume is going to take a wee while to get up to speed? If not then we are probably good

I don’t mean any harm and surely entitled to an opinion

It appears we are sleep walking into a £30m+ Champions League qualifier once again. Quite concerning given how unprepared we have been in many previous attempts.

We are going to be stronger with Morelos back than we were in the Europa League semi final and final a few weeks back and have kept all of the players that featured I don't quite get the hyperbole here.

We all want new signings, of course, we're football fans and it's exciting, but this stuff is way OTT.

Last edited:
No nothing to do with them I don’t care personally just want us to get into the CL and our journey to the top is complete

We have to put them aside until we pull it off

As I’ve said we are a striker short of everyone being very confident of it happening wouldn’t you agree?

Morelos you’d assume is going to take a wee while to get up to speed? If not then we are probably good

I don’t mean any harm and surely entitled to an opinion
A European final tops a group stage champions league campaign any day of the week.

It’s a mental conspiracy but it’s the transfer thread after all

Alfie posted a photo of him in his rangers tracksuit with a Spanish song which translates to english as “the die is cast” and seems to be a song about moving on :))

Someone say the line

It’s a mental conspiracy but it’s the transfer thread after all

Alfie posted a photo of him in his rangers tracksuit with a Spanish song which translates to english as “the die is cast” and seems to be a song about moving on :))

Someone say the line

Anyone else reckon his agent operates the account ?

Talking closer to 15 -20m each for aribo , kent and Morelos if they weren't down to the last year of their contracts. Collectively 45-60 million. Big difference to 8-10m each which they will no doubt go for now if extensions aren't signed. Or even worse sign a pre contract with someone in January and walk for free.
Even if they are sold someone needs their baws booted. This kind of thing should have been dealt with 12- 18 months ago, not fookin around last minute hoping that someone comes in for them or that they sign an extension. Especially with the apparent lack of funds to strengthen the first team that we keep hearing pushed by certain people.

Every time I open the last page on this ridiculous thread

giphy.gif

We need to stop fearing and start fucking believing in the model. And that’s not just talking about us as fans.
You think we can afford to pay/risk potentially £3-4million on a lower league project player at this point?

Genuine question btw mate?

Edit Just noticed another poster saying its €2.5million the club are looking for which seems less a risk.

We are going to be stronger with Morelos back than we were in the Europa League semi final and final a few weeks back and have kept all of the players that featured I don't quite get the hyperbole here.

We all want new signings, of course, we're football fans and it's exciting, but this stuff is way OTT.
I'm not in panic mode just yet, but I did expect some movement by now. Hibs for example have signed 8 players. If you want to go to the other side of the spectrum, Dortmund have signed 6 players.

I'd hate for us to lose a key player or two and then be scrambling for replacements right before a £30m+ Champions League qualifier. These games are really not far away and they are absolutely massive to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back