The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a mental conspiracy but it’s the transfer thread after all

Alfie posted a photo of him in his rangers tracksuit with a Spanish song which translates to english as “the die is cast” and seems to be a song about moving on :))

Someone say the line

significa que se va

Every time I open the last page on this ridiculous thread

giphy.gif
There are more posts about the thread itself than transfer talk

And posts like that have been done a dozen times

Back to transfers .... who is this Dallinga?

Didn’t realise we paid £500k for Zukowski. Wonder if he’ll feature much in Pre-Season. Be good to see him in the friendlies.

I believe he was in the last 6 months of his contract and we paid to bring him in early. We brought him in early to let him settle, like we've done previously and back up Tav. He wasn't really going to play. Then sadly he got injured and everybody seemed to completely write off a promising 20 year old.

I believe he was in the last 6 months of his contract and we paid to bring him in early. We brought him in early to let him settle, like we've done previously and back up Tav. He wasn't really going to play. Then sadly he got injured and everybody seemed to completely write off a promising 20 year old.

I’m still very hopeful on Zukowski. Looks an athlete & against Annan had a top class delivery to Roofe second half which should have resulted in a goal.

He would be a bit of a gamble. But at same time you do have to take them now and again.
It's probably a higher level even though it is open than Morelos was doing it at in Finland.

All three of them are a similar age (22,21,21) but Botheim has done it in EL, while Sarr is in the Dutch top league.

Yes, all risks as you say, but our group of Joe, Kent, Alfie & Glen are all mid 20’s now & it would be great if we can add another 2 or 3 project players over the next year or two ?

If the club think he’s the real deal, sure.
We need to show some ambition at some point.
Rangers and a lot of the fans would tell you with a straight face that we have a buy, develop and sell model.

It's a complete myth, we have not done that once. Patterson you could argue however, he came through the youth so I wouldn't credit the scouts with anything there.

I constantly hear it on podcasts and read it in various places that "that's our model". It's anything but, the support are in absolute hysterics whenever say Morelos is linked away. Sides like Porto, Ajax etc that actually work with this model see about 3/4 players leave every summer and are comfortable with it. We seem unable to face up to it. Basically, we talk a good game but do nothing about implementation.

Claiming we buy, develop and sell as a club is like claiming we play a diamond midfield, it's just blatantly not accurate.

If Dallinga is at this price I’d hope we’d consider guys like Botheim & Amin Sarr, as they’ve proven themselves at a higher level & would have a similar cost.
I'm sure Gio and Makaay will know plenty about Dallinga so trust their judgement. Botheim is an obvious choice as there'd be no transfer fee but we have no idea what kind of wages he'd want.

I’m still very hopeful on Zukowski. Looks an athlete & against Annan had a top class delivery to Roofe second half which should have resulted in a goal.
Yeah. I know it's only Annan but he did seem to have something about him. Looked quite similar to Patterson. Pace, power and a decent delivery. I think he was also playing at LW last season in Poland. So he has decent versatility.

I don't know if he is fit or not but a full preseason and training camp could do him wonders.

Dutch 2nd division player that's scored a shit load season past.
Apparently those that know say this could be deceiving slightly as its a high scoring open league.

I'm sick of the papers just linking us with guys who were mentioned in here and then everybody thinking we're actually in for them. Happens all the time. This Dallinga guy got mentioned in here weeks ago and now we're suddenly interested in him? Bullshit.

I'm sure Gio and Makaay will know plenty about Dallinga so trust their judgement. Botheim is an obvious choice as there'd be no transfer fee but we have no idea what kind of wages he'd want.
Are wages still as high in Russia these days mate? Even before the war started I thought they’d dropped a fair bit

Rangers and a lot of the fans would tell you with a straight face that we have a buy, develop and sell model.

It's a complete myth, we have not done that once. Patterson you could argue however, he came through the youth so I wouldn't credit the scouts with anything there.

I constantly hear it on podcasts and read it in various places that "that's our model". It's anything but, the support are in absolute hysterics whenever say Morelos is linked away. Sides like Porto, Ajax etc that actually work with this model see about 3/4 players leave every summer and are comfortable with it. We seem unable to gave up to it. Basically, we talk a good game but do nothing about implementation.

Claiming we buy, develop and sell as a club is like claiming we play a diamond midfield, it's just blatantly not accurate.
I agree to an extent. I’d be hugely surprised the board would sanction a summer without major sales / players out. It’s patently needed, tough as we may find it to say goodbye to some of these players. We absolutely need to get used to it and to implement the “model” properly.

Yes, his salary could be a constraint.

Sarr is at Heerenveen & is 21, so less so for him. He’s a pacy & powerful big guy. Maybe not the finisher that Dallinga is Alan, but he looks as if he may be able to play across the front three.

And we do lack pace in the forward areas if we assume Wright & Sakala are just squad players.

All three of them are a similar age (22,21,21) but Botheim has done it in EL, while Sarr is in the Dutch top league.

Yes, all risks as you say, but our group of Joe, Kent, Alfie & Glen are all mid 20’s now & it would be great if we can add another 2 or 3 project players over the next year or two ?
Are we in for Sarr?

If Dallinga is at this price I’d hope we’d consider guys like Botheim & Amin Sarr, as they’ve proven themselves at a higher level & would have a similar cost.
I'm probably in the minority, but I'd be more comfortable spending €2m on Colak than €4m on Dallinga. As much as he is young and seems to have a great eye for goal, it's still an expensive gamble on a player from a league famous for it's high scoring.

For what we need our 2nd or 3rd choice striker to do, I'd be more confident of Colak coming in and doing the business, he might not quadruple in transfer value but I'm more worried about getting titles and CL income which I feel the proven and experienced striker will get us.

I agree to an extent. I’d be hugely surprised the board would sanction a summer without major sales / players out. It’s patently needed, tough as we may find it to say goodbye to some of these players. We absolutely need to get used to it and to implement the “model” properly.

But as we exercise it at the selling end, I really hope we bring new blood in Derek or it can also fail ?

Talking closer to 15 -20m each for aribo , kent and Morelos if they weren't down to the last year of their contracts. Collectively 45-60 million. Big difference to 8-10m each which they will no doubt go for now if extensions aren't signed. Or even worse sign a pre contract with someone in January and walk for free.
Even if they are sold someone needs their baws booted. This kind of thing should have been dealt with 12- 18 months ago, not fookin around last minute hoping that someone comes in for them or that they sign an extension. Especially with the apparent lack of funds to strengthen the first team that we keep hearing pushed by certain people.
How exactly could we have dealt with this 12-18 months ago? I’m almost certain that we have offered all these players improved contracts or had discussions with them about it. If they haven’t signed that’s not on the board, the decision is with the players. You mention £15-£20m fees which is maybe the price we would have been looking for, for the players. But how do we sell at those prices if no1 bids for the players? So unless we turned down numerous bids of £15-£20m that we didn’t hear about or haven’t tried to extend their contracts within our budget, it’s not on the board.

Look at other players like Pogba, Dembele (Barca), Rudiger, Christincen etc who all ran down their contracts and there isn’t anything Man U, Chelsea and Barca could do about it and they have a lot more money and player pulling power than us.

I'm sick of the papers just linking us with guys who were mentioned in here and then everybody thinking we're actually in for them. Happens all the time. This Dallinga guy got mentioned in here weeks ago and now we're suddenly interested in him? Bullshit.
Apparently they don't steal rumours from in here though according to some.

I'm probably in the minority, but I'd be more comfortable spending €2m on Colak than €4m on Dallinga. As much as he is young and seems to have a great eye for goal, it's still an expensive gamble on a player from a league famous for it's high scoring.

For what we need our 2nd or 3rd choice striker to do, I'd be more confident of Colak coming in and doing the business, he might not quadruple in transfer value but I'm more worried about getting titles and CL income which I feel the proven and experienced striker will get us.

I agree LD, Colak is proven.

I guess where my mind is, is Will Roofe see himself as third choice & want to move on ?

If so, I’d hope we get a younger player with scope on his side ?

I constantly hear it on podcasts and read it in various places that "that's our model". It's anything but, the support are in absolute hysterics whenever say Morelos is linked away. Sides like Porto, Ajax etc that actually work with this model see about 3/4 players leave every summer and are comfortable with it. We seem unable to face up to it. Basically, we talk a good game but do nothing about implementation.

I don’t think anyone is claiming we have yet to implement the strategy so far but that’s what our aim is. People will say “this is the way we need to operate’, but without any sales I’m not sure anyone can say we are that club yet.

It was a French paper linking us to him

How exactly could we have dealt with this 12-18 months ago? I’m almost certain that we have offered all these players improved contracts or had discussions with them about it. If they haven’t signed that’s not on the board, the decision is with the players. You mention £15-£20m fees which is maybe the price we would have been looking for, for the players. But how do we sell at those prices if no1 bids for the players? So unless we turned down numerous bids of £15-£20m that we didn’t hear about or haven’t tried to extend their contracts within our budget, it’s not on the board.

Look at other players like Pogba, Dembele (Barca), Rudiger, Christincen etc who all ran down their contracts and there isn’t anything Man U, Chelsea and Barca could do about it and they have a lot more money and player pulling power than us.
There has been offers of 15m plus for Alfredo and Kent in the past two years. Surely you sell then if that's the case.

One key players contract being run down to the final year would be just about acceptable but 4? Come on to fook, that's just negligence.

Dutch 2nd division player that's scored a shit load season past.
Apparently those that know say this could be deceiving slightly as its a high scoring open league.
Cheers

Any credible sources linking us?

I hope he's not like a Dutch Shankland

(Dutch Shankland sounds like something Katie Price would give you in your car for a tenner)

Yeah. I know it's only Annan but he did seem to have something about him. Looked quite similar to Patterson. Pace, power and a decent delivery. I think he was also playing at LW last season in Poland. So he has decent versatility.

I don't know if he is fit or not but a full preseason and training camp could do him wonders.

Agree.

He looked like a real athlete and, as you say, has shown attacking qualities Mac.

He was only 500k because we scouted him well timing wise.

Optimistic Loyal.

I don’t think anyone is claiming we have yet to implement the strategy so far but that’s what our aim is. People will say “this is the way we need to operate’, but without any sales I’m not sure anyone can say we are that club yet.
This is completely it. Of course it's ultimately the board will decide and I hope they have the conviction to see it through.

If it was down to the fans we'd never get going with it. All the "aww state of you, you'd get rid of Morelos" stuff is really boring. These guys are heroes when they're here, we enjoy them and then move them on at a profit, we then reinvest.

If we're going to claim we do it, then we eventually have to just do it.

There has been offers of 15m plus for Alfredo and Kent in the past two years. Surely you sell then if that's the case.

One key players contract being run down to the final year would be just about acceptable but 4? Come on to fook, that's just negligence.
Who were these £15m plus bids from? Know Lille we’re linked with Morelos but did a bid actually ever get made? Also im sure that it was reported in the €16m range (just under £14m) and we don’t know the details of that offer. Could have been €8m up front and the rest on performance. I’m sure most would have been disappointed to lose Morelos for that kind of money.

4? Who’s the other?

Who were these £15m plus bids from? Know Lille we’re linked with Morelos but did a bid actually ever get made? Also im sure that it was reported in the €16m range (just under £14m) and we don’t know the details of that offer. Could have been €8m up front and the rest on performance. I’m sure most would have been disappointed to lose Morelos for that kind of money.

4? Who’s the other?
Their club president confirmed it on talksport at the time

No they do and no one argues against that. It was a recent rumour from the bbc that we knew this wasn’t the case. I hate this “according to some on here” patter - yawwwn
That's funny I seem to recall some doing just that the other day. Were you one of them by any chance? Seen as the "according to some on here" "patter" seems to have got your wee drawers in a twist.

We are going to be stronger with Morelos back than we were in the Europa League semi final and final a few weeks back and have kept all of the players that featured I don't quite get the hyperbole here.

We all want new signings, of course, we're football fans and it's exciting, but this stuff is way OTT.
I agree but I think the key additions are more quality at right wing, more drive and energy from midfield and a good back up striker (or two, if Roofe is moved on).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back