The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problems of dealing with Russian clubs made that a non starter, regardless of any perceived interest.
UK companies pay Russian companies everyday there isn’t any problems as long as their bank isn’t under sanctions which it won’t be to be allowed to do business outside Russia.

Tav only scored 3 goals from open play last season in the league.

We only had 2 players in the top 10 Scottish Premiership non-penalty goalscorers (Morelos and Sakala) but the mhanks had 4 (Giakoumakis, Furuhashi, Abada and Jota).

It is these goal scores that won them the league, if we want to better them we need better goal scorers.
Not a ridiculous take on things, a pretty straightforward train of thought.

Allen really loved a shitey winger - signed Hastie, Barker, Jones, Nemane, Grezda, and if I'm being harsh, Middleton and Murphy.

He was excited about that Walker jabroni from Hearts that people lost their shit about when we didn't sign. I believe the phrase used was 'embarrassing'.

Personally I'd have been more embarrassed if we'd given Hearts the 1m+ they wanted.
You’re being very harsh.

The jury is still definitely out on Sakala, but the turnaround in Lundstram is remarkable, he has went from people offering to drive him back to Merseyside, to our best midfielder…………..you would think our support would learn to be patient……
Expecting more from Sakala next season but 12 goals and 7 assists in his debut season is more than a decent return

9 goals in the league and only started close to a third of those matches. Worst case he doesn't get any better he's a useful squad player who gets goals from the wing and can beat anyone for pace. For a free transfer that's a good signing.
Sakalas has had a mixed bag of a season I think he's not fully settled.

The jury is still definitely out on Sakala, but the turnaround in Lundstram is remarkable, he has went from people offering to drive him back to Merseyside, to our best midfielder…………..you would think our support would learn to be patient……
Not all of us were ready to drive him back to Liverpool,just the dafties who didn’t
recognize his talent.;)

Has anyone considered that we might not actually do anything much more in the transfer window and just promote Lowry and King to replace Ramsey and Balogun effectively (with Souttar already in as well)?

This thread will be amazing if that's the case!

People were pissed off last season because 'all' we brought in was Sakala and Lundstram on frees, and they were both 'shite' according toany on here. Until they weren't shite anymore, then it became a coup.

The obsession with wanting to be seen to spend millions on fees is very odd to me. It's almost as if the fee is a guarantee of quality, which we should all know by now is not a safe assumption.

Given that we still need to pay the player's contract I would far rather sign a player on free than pay a transfer fee.

He definitely hasn’t scored 2 goals, it was clearly a Starfelt own goal. And because your saying that because he scored v them then he was a coup.
It was Sakalas all day I do not know why you want to credit Starfelt with it.
It's good to have a player who can score against our main challenger not many of our players can do that.
Hattrick against Motherwell was great as well we do not see many of them from our strikers.

Has anyone considered that we might not actually do anything much more in the transfer window and just promote Lowry and King to replace Ramsey and Balogun effectively (with Souttar already in as well)?

Tbh if that included Morelos, Kent, Aribo and Bassey all signing contract extensions keeping them all at Ibrox till 2026, then it wouldn’t be the end of world.

I really would like to see some proper money spent on a quality right sided attacker as an absolute minimum.

That would be shite.

Nope, not for even a second.

No.

I rewatched some YouTube videos today. The one thing that stood out was Kent after the Leipzig game, just standing staring in awe at the broomloan.

They should show him that footage during any contract negotiations, asking him if he'll get that feeling whilst playing for some EPL mid table team for an extra few bob.

His reaction gives me hope that he'll stay and sign a new deal.

I think he will stay.

When has Sakala become a coup?

While Fashion Jr is clearly no Romario, he surely must be considered a pretty decent acquisition?

Especially when compared to Itten, whom we spent a lot of money (by our current standards) on and then went on to deliver very little, costing us eighteen months of wages and then ultimately taking a substantial loss on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back