The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amad Diallo is worth having back, even if he won't feature much.

The kid has loads of social media followers and almost a cult following across the world, people that want to watch him and buy kits with his name on it.

Even if we don't capitalise using him on the pitch, he will grow us in terms of audience as well.

That lot have signed a few Japanese players, even if they were shit - the Japanese lap it up and they've done well in shirt sales in Asia off of it.

Sometimes a signing is also about growing your own brand, could probably include Ramsey in that too - didn't work out too well, but we had a lot more eyes on us.
If this is serious you need help.

That's very harsh and seriously inaccurate mate.

We lost over £24 million last season, yet Gerrard was allowed to keep his whole squad, as well as add Lundstram and Sakala, as the directors and investors covered our losses out of their own pockets.

We've lost over £50 million since Gerrard came in, yet he was never forced to sell a single player and added plenty.

That's what I call a board that supports their manager.

Be careful what you wish for.
Dear me thank goodness Gerrard performed miracles in Europe with us then.

I’ll take this one on the chin. There was some very confident murmurs from pretty reliable people.
I put my hands up and take the grief for it though, I’m a big boy, I can take it.

Same folk now discussing Solbakken, but we will see.
Think Solbacken is close to agreeing a deal with Galatasary. Sure I saw that yesterday. Would imagine we will be out priced when it comes to wages by them

He was given permission in January but no one wanted him
Sort of player who’s best bet is a move on deadline day to someone who hasn’t seen him and goes off a couple of clips and the fact that he’s coming from a club like Rangers.

Anyone who’s seen him play won’t be interested.

The filth are about to show us again how to do the player trading model if this deal comes off
athletico Madrid showing interest in juranovic paid 2.5 million last summer played 41 games looking at getting £15 million that will fund a big chunk of this seasons transfers
its exactly what we should be doing every season it freshens things up and balance’s the books
we are so far behind for a supposedly modern club
Susprised Athletico haven't shown interest in Morelos
Not that I want the rid of him

First I've heard of this I doubt he'd have been a popular signing at the time he had a stinker of a season at Vallidolid before he went to them.
Maybe that's why we said no , to be honest he seemed OK when I saw him against us direct & happy to take guys on exactly what we miss on the right hand side .

The filth are about to show us again how to do the player trading model if this deal comes off
athletico Madrid showing interest in juranovic paid 2.5 million last summer played 41 games looking at getting £15 million that will fund a big chunk of this seasons transfers
its exactly what we should be doing every season it freshens things up and balance’s the books
What are we doing different to them in this regard?
This player has never stood out to me , I don't even know what he looks like yet after 1 season in the SPFL he's attracting bids of 15M!
We have some very talented players who got to a Euro final yet we don't seem to be getting anywhere near those figures quoted.
Is this a new scottish media game?

Who would you have had in your Seville team?

That’s not to dismiss stats but it only illustrates so much.
We keep going on about Seville we lost , had a great run made loads of money on the run but we lost , we won 1 trophy last season they won 2 domestically we had a poor season , we are getting more & more like them every week about this Seville , let it go we lost don't hang on to a defeat the way they do about Seville.

We sold our backup right back for more than that.

The only reason we haven’t sold as many players is we have a professional, great group of lads who gave us 55 and a Europa League final.

That was worth more than Morelos for £16m or Kent for £12m.

People are never happy and fall for the media’s chugging of the paedos.
We sold Patterson for £12 million 9 up front 3 in payments the rest is add ins we might never see
Morelos at 16 Kent at 12 never happened so now in last year of cont and we could loss both for free
my point was the filth are good at generating funds from player sales and we need to match that
it’s not a Tim love in it’s just a fact they are better at selling players

There is no shame in admitting they are absolutely brilliant at this.

We are too sentimental and don’t really understand never mind apply the model.

Bassey after the Scottish cup final should’ve been put out for interviews and clips of him plastered over social channels etc creating a noise around him and a deal done within those few weeks whilst he was red hot.
Sorry mate not having that at all. Are you trying to tell us football clubs are so stupid and gullible that they will factor in whether a player has been interviewed or on social media into their thinking on making new signings?

I'm gonna stick my neck out here and say it's what they do on the pitch that matters.

This player has never stood out to me , I don't even know what he looks like yet after 1 season in the SPFL he's attracting bids of 15M!
We have some very talented players who got to a Euro final yet we don't seem to be getting anywhere near those figures quoted.
It's not new the media here has been low balling our players for years & upping theirs .

Looking at getting =/= actually getting

Add in the fluffing of their business by their media puppets and I’m sure in a few days it’ll be £25m.

I see we’re back to the lauding the scum phase of the thread.

There is no shame in admitting they are absolutely brilliant at this.

We are too sentimental and don’t really understand never mind apply the model.

Bassey after the Scottish cup final should’ve been put out for interviews and clips of him plastered over social channels etc creating a noise around him and a deal done within those few weeks whilst he was red hot.

It's not that new, been happening for years.
That and new contracts for players they can't punt being hailed as fending off suitors from all over Europe and being their best bit of business

Last edited:
We keep going on about Seville we lost , had a great run made loads of money on the run but we lost , we won 1 trophy last season they won 2 domestically we had a poor season , we are getting more & more like them every week about this Seville , let it go we lost don't hang on to a defeat the way they do about Seville.

I’m asking which player you would have had on your team on that night. It’s not about the game. Seville just is a reference point.

To put it simpler, who would you rather have in your weekly starting XI?

Probably money laundering through the city group lol

I’ll never forget the road to Seville and I don’t want to. For more years than I care to remember we were papped out of Europe before Halloween by teams who shouldn’t have been near us.

So no I won’t “ forget Seville” just because we didn’t win the trophy. I’ll always cherish the run and the memories and the magnificent spectacle of 100,000 bears in Seville partying and celebrating our great club.

Should we pretend it didn't happen?

It's not new the media here has been low balling our players for years & upping theirs .
That does not decide the price though as a scout or manager is not going to decide to pay what a journalist thinks is the value of a player.
We have kept players too long who were sellable and now their value has gone down in some cases.

Amad Diallo is worth having back, even if he won't feature much.

The kid has loads of social media followers and almost a cult following across the world, people that want to watch him and buy kits with his name on it.

Even if we don't capitalise using him on the pitch, he will grow us in terms of audience as well.

That lot have signed a few Japanese players, even if they were shit - the Japanese lap it up and they've done well in shirt sales in Asia off of it.

Sometimes a signing is also about growing your own brand, could probably include Ramsey in that too - didn't work out too well, but we had a lot more eyes on us.

This post isn't as mental as people are making it out to be. Maybe the bit about "even if he won't feature much" is a bit mental but I get what you mean to an extent.

I'd have him back because I rate him. The stuff you mention is a nice bonus but I totally get why people don't want him too.

Dear me thank goodness Gerrard performed miracles in Europe with us then.

II'll be eternally grateful for what Gerrard achieved with us mate and I'm certainly not knocking him.

The fact our European coefficient is the fastest improving in Europe has plenty to do with him and 55 will live with me for ever.

However, Covid knocked the absolute shite of us, as the board tried to support him, while dealing with eye watering losses.
Simple economics meant the board went out on a limb for him to keep the squad together.
They couldn't have done any more for him imo.

My only gripe with Gerrard is that we were poorly prepared for Malmo and we defeated far superior teams in the Europa under Gio.

From where Gerrard joined, to where he left us, will see his tenure as 8.5/10 for me.

I'd never knock him.

In the context of what the guy is saying it's a fair point though.

I have seen very few Rangers supporters celebrating Seville. Most are still gutted by it and its nothing like them 20 years ago.

There's a difference between celebrating it and using it as a reference for a positive from last season and a reference point that we actually have a good team.

Lundstram aside we haven’t signed a starter in 3 years. That’s on the board and Wilson.
I always feel it's a bit weird that people criticise the board or shareholders who have been using their own money to fund the club.

Don't criticise when the opportunity is there for any of us to invest our millions and fund transfer business.

It's not like we're turning away new investors.

Some of the posts on this thread are outrageous. I refuse to believe that real sentient people wrote some of the absolute pish polluting this thread. It's still June and folk losing their minds that we haven't signed anyone. Fecking catch a grip lads.
Get Elon in to round up the bots.

I expect that has been the game for a few years.
The fee if he goes will be trumpeted as X huge , but in Spain or wherever as Y much lowered. Frimpong was much less than they said the two who went to Prem were less than what’s been quoted on here.
As for the guy you are talking they will double their money and that will be it.

They just have a history of selling players who have worked out well from ki and wanyama Forster dembele edouard ajer Armstrong tierney van dijk
even mcgeady went for 10 million frimpong for 11
we need to get to a level like that our best fees in the last 10 12 years have been Hutton and Patterson
they are a horrible rancid club but know how to get the best price they can for their sellable assets
we need to start with Bassey Kent Aribo Morelos

I’m asking which player you would have had on your team on that night. It’s not about the game. Seville just is a reference point.

To put it simpler, who would you rather have in your weekly starting XI?
It's depending how we set up , if playing with 2 wide men , Kent obviously & Jota he is better than what we have at the moment in the wide positions but Kent is the best wide player in our league.

The way Souttar picked up the injury towards the end of the season would have injured any player.

We should be encouraged by how many games he played last season and how well he played in the cup final after that injury. He'll not play as many games as Goldson or Tav, but that's not exactly the norm.
Aslong as he and Helander don't get injured at the same time we will be ok with the pair of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back