The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're not seriously comparing Jota to Kent mate?

Kent has destroyed some top European defences, including the club Jota's getting binned by and can't get a game for.

Jota did ok domestically but nothing in Europe.

Let's see how this season pans out.
No mate Kent is the best wide player in the league, I didn't say Jota was better than Kent , last season Jota had the most crosses in the league & scored more goals than Kent that was last seasons stats , outwith Kent Jota is better than any other wide player we have .

We keep going on about Seville we lost , had a great run made loads of money on the run but we lost , we won 1 trophy last season they won 2 domestically we had a poor season , we are getting more & more like them every week about this Seville , let it go we lost don't hang on to a defeat the way they do about Seville.

Seville has played a huge part in us being the 2nd highest seeds in the CL qualifying and have a rapidly rising coefficient, that is twice as high as celtic's

We also pished all over 2 top Bundesliga teams on the way to the final.

We may have lost on penalties in Seville, but our credibility in Europe hasn't been this high for a long time and our European ranking is rising faster than any other side in Europe.

Don't belittle what Seville has achieved for Rangers.

No mate Kent is the best wide player in the league, I didn't say Jota was better than Kent , last season Jota had the most crosses in the league & scored more goals than Kent that was last seasons stats , outwith Kent Jota is better than any other wide player we have .
I don’t think I’ve ever seen somebody using most crosses as a stat to judge who had a better season :))

He got double the goal contributions in the league of Kent (20 v 10) but it’s unstaunch to point that out.
Maybe better to compare their stats with each in a title winning side?

Last season, in League matches, Jota got 10 goals and 11 assists.

The season before, in League matches, Kent got 10 goals and 11 assists.

Kent had a poor goal return last season, no question.

Just over 5 weeks since our European final in Seville and we are now told to “forget all about it”

Just when you think this thread couldn’t get any more ridiculous
No don't forget get all about it , it was a huge achievement its part of our history now but we lost , it covers up a poor domestic season we had or do we all forget that , a rookie manager with an average team take the league off us & in the process beat us twice they where an extra time goal away from winning a treble , in concerns me that we haven't strengthened yet asking the same core players to go again for the 5th season , we need it freshened up big time .

Tav also had the most crosses in the league with Scott Tanser of St Mirren having the second most.

No don't forget get all about it , it was a huge achievement its part of our history now but we lost , it covers up a poor domestic season we had or do we all forget that , a rookie manager with an average team take the league off us & in the process beat us twice they where an extra time goal away from winning a treble , in concerns me that we haven't strengthened yet asking the same core players to go again for the 5th season , we need it freshened up big time .
Away you go

We were literally one game away from winning the league, would have been the double and a European final

We need 2 or 3 in, of that there is no doubt, but last season was nowhere near as poor as some would make you believe against a side who spent around £25m

I don’t think I’ve ever seen somebody using most crosses as a stat to judge who had a better season :))
That's how they scored more goals than us putting the ball in the box more often than us , and another stat the team that has more crosses into the box over the season normally wins the league as like last season , 19 goals more than us & 4 pts better off they must be doing something right maybe getting the ball in the box .

Just playing devil's advocate but if you add the penalties Kent won for us his numbers look a lot better
I’ve no idea how many he won for them etc, simply pointing out the 2 easiest figures to compare.

I wouldn’t swap the 2, btw.
15 v 13 not 20 v 10.

I went purely from FlashScore which suggested 10 goals & 10 assists for Jota and 2 goals & 8 assists for Kent. Happy to be wrong, though.
Maybe better to compare their stats with each in a title winning side?

Last season, in League matches, Jota got 10 goals and 11 assists.

The season before, in League matches, Kent got 10 goals and 11 assists.

Kent had a poor goal return last season, no question.
Not blaming he alone but it’s clear that when he doesn’t perform, we struggle. Any team would.

Highest cross rate in the league & scored more goals than Kent.
Using Kent's goals as a barometer isn't exactly a high bar given he only scored 2 and it's his worst goal return since he joined us. However, he had 19 assists, highest in the league, compared to Jota's 10. In terms of goal contributions Kent was 1 ahead of him overall. As for highest number of crosses that is a useless statistic unless his assists were through the roof, which they weren't. Like I said, he started on fire, looked player of the year material for the first three months, then did next to nothing for the rest of the season according to the Celtic supporters I know.

Edit: talking shite on Kent assists but plenty others have made the case above so not rehashing it. B-)

Last edited:
Just over 5 weeks since our European final in Seville and we are now told to “forget all about it”

Just when you think this thread couldn’t get any more ridiculous

I get where he is coming from though.

Although it’s harsh we do have to move on maybe not 5 weeks later but I agree in principle with his point.

The filth are about to show us again how to do the player trading model if this deal comes off
athletico Madrid showing interest in juranovic paid 2.5 million last summer played 41 games looking at getting £15 million that will fund a big chunk of this seasons transfers
its exactly what we should be doing every season it freshens things up and balance’s the books
we are so far behind for a supposedly modern club
Rule 1: Do not believe anything that comes out of them through their timmy press lap dugs.
Rule 2: Follow number 1.

Using Kent's goals as a barometer isn't exactly a high bar given he only scored 2 and it's his worst goal return since he joined us. However, he had 19 assists, highest in the league, compared to Jota's 10. In terms of goal contributions Kent was 1 ahead of him overall. As for highest number of crosses that is a useless statistic unless his assists were through the roof, which they weren't. Like I said, he started on fire, looked player of the year material for the first three months, then did next to nothing for the rest of the season according to the Celtic supporters I know.
Where you seeing that Kent had 19 assists in the league this season?

Just because you hadn't heard of him before he rolled up at that lot doesn't make him a rookie. He had managed over 500 friggin games, closer to 600 actually.

Some people really need to think twice before they post in this thread. & maybe even a 3rd time just to be sure they aren't coming out with complete fabrication.

I get where he is coming from though.

Although it’s harsh we do have to move on maybe not 5 weeks later but I agree in principle with his point.

I don’t understand his point

We will sign a couple of players, we will also sell one or two

Seems a lot of people panicking when we are still 5 weeks away from start of the season

The club aren’t pointing to Seville and saying “look at that, we can just sit back now”

Things will happen over next few weeks

Rookie manager :D

Just because you hadn't heard of him before he rolled up at that lot doesn't make him a rookie. He had managed over 500 friggin games, closer to 600 actually.

Some people really need to think twice before they post in this thread. & maybe even a 3rd time just to be sure they aren't coming out with complete fabrication.

There’s no thought. In the minds of quite a few it’s… yahoos = good; us = bad.

The criticism & negativity is relentless.

If we start the season with this I'd be happy.

McGregor/McLaughlin/McCrorie

Tavernier/Zukowski
Bassey/Barisic
Goldson/Souttar/Helander/King/Katic

Lundstram/Davis/Jack/McCann

Wright/Hagi/New RW
Kent/Lowry/Sakala
Kamara/Aribo/Arfield

Morelos/Roofe/New Striker

Really hope Kent and Morelos extend soon.

Even got scope to sell Aribo If the new RW can play centrally and be a goal threat, especially from range. At the same time I'd be happy if he stayed and extended.

The squad is quite close knit, most of the team in or approaching their peak. Seem to be buying into Gio's methods. Fitness levels are excellent.

A couple of quality additions would be ideal, but no need for any more.

Can’t believe we are sleeping at the wheel again, unbelievable Gio just going to end up following in Gerro’s footsteps if he’s not backed.

Sleeping at the wheel?

The f*cken drama queens on here are ridiculous!! “Gerro” would have left if we had given him £1m or £20m. As a result of the backing he received in not selling players, we suffered massive covid related losses the season before last!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back