The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folk getting annoyed because some posters are starting to get quite worried at the lack of transfer activity despite the fact the manager wanted business done early, and we have a CL qualifier in just over a month. You can't sign a player a week before the qualifier and expect him to have an impact. Its not football manager.

Its the dreading thought of dejavu happening again this summer and the mentally challengeds further strengthening their lead over us financially and on the pitch.

'Cabbage', 'roaster' etc if you're not pretending you don't care about it though.

Yeah but again that just manifests itself in 21st Century online shouting.

Maybe we'll see Sydney friendly style protests at the training ground etc but I very much doubt it.

It will just be more posts and tweets by people who, without being unnecessarily unkind to them, let's be honest have no real idea about the process and intricacies of what they're criticising.
Whether folk like it or not, most will see that lot making signings and if we aren’t too, folk will get more demanding due to it

If they can sign players, why can’t we will be the stance many take.

It’s the rivalry we live in. Although many choose to pretend otherwise, there will always be comparisons drawn to them and vice versa

I said a couple of weeks ago that I wasn’t worried and that I would take stock of the situation on 1st of July.

I think given the reports of Aribo and Kamara it’s clear what route we are taking with regards to generating funds through sales this summer before purchases. We might have to be patient (mid July) with this.

An interesting thought I saw on Twitter today (a rarity I know). The poster said that the clubs books run 1st July to the end of June.
So any out goings funds may reflect poorly on the break even objective of 21/22’s finances (or even run at a profit).
Could we be holding off until our new financial year?
Cany bear another week of this min.

Folk getting annoyed because some posters are starting to get quite worried at the lack of transfer activity despite the fact the manager wanted business done early, and we have a CL qualifier in just over a month. You can't sign a player a week before the qualifier and expect him to have an impact. Its not football manager.

Its the dreading thought of dejavu happening again this summer and the mentally challengeds further strengthening their lead over us financially and on the pitch.

'Cabbage', 'roaster' etc if you're not pretending you don't care about it though.

Same happened last season and bang, Malmö happened. Didn’t stop the excuses from some.

We put ourselves in this position.

Between £8-12m for Aribo that's less than the yahoos got for French diddy or Ajer neither of whom had accomplished anything in European football or outside of the SPFL.

£14m at a minimum is what we should be looking for considering some of the gash that goes for vastly inflated prices down South.
We get what clubs are willing to pay.

What if Aribo only wants to join one that will pay £10m max & the player plays hardball.

Judge each situation as it transpires.

Correct! The only thing that would reduce that from our perspective is this supposed £10m clause in aribos contract, if it exists.

Didn’t ajer and edouard leave late in the window?
Can we talk about a player valuation, just once, without mention Ajer & Edouard?

Edouard cost Celtic £9m, he was never going to go for the same or less as it would be a red neck.

Aside from that, they have/had far more money in the bank than we do.

I'm not trying to praise them or run us down, but the amounts we accept for star players should be all about what's best for the club....fed up of hearing about what Celtic did or didn't get for their players, isn't remotely relevant to our business model.

Whether folk like it or not, most will see that lot making signings and if we aren’t too, folk will get more demanding due to it

If they can sign players, why can’t we will be the stance many take.

It’s the rivalry we live in. Although many choose to pretend otherwise, there will always be comparisons drawn to them and vice versa
I think folk are already doing that and have been doing for weeks, look at this thread it's basically just petty arguments every day.

You're saying questions will be asked I'm saying all that means is more online shouting and bawling. I have family down south who support English sides and they cannot stand their owners/board/execs, some of these teams have spent millions already. It's just standard, you're not unique.

How are you going to translate your unhappiness into direct criticism and protest against the board or Ross Wilson?

Exactly. It’s the silence that’s worrying me. If we don’t have money for players why go on about how the Europa league run was as financially profitable as the champions league.

They’ll still expect us to spunk money over three kits, 2 retros and 4 training tops this season.

Players we have signed in the last three windows;

Kent - Helander - Davis - Aribo - Hagi - Bassey - Itten - Balogun - Roofe - Wright - Defoe - McLaughlin - Lundstram - Sakala

Some of the above may not have set the heather on fire, but all have contributed to trophy wins.

We also have also signed roughly a similar amount of players who have not contributed, but these have been 'punts' on mainly younger players with minimal outlay and wages.

7 of those players played in the Euro final, it would ceratinly be higher if Roofe, Hagi and Helander were available.
Mate out of all the players you've listed there, only Sakala, Lundstrum and Wright have been brought in in the time frame you gave.

Between £8-12m for Aribo that's less than the yahoos got for French diddy or Ajer neither of whom had accomplished anything in European football or outside of the SPFL.

£14m at a minimum is what we should be looking for considering some of the gash that goes for vastly inflated prices down South.
And if there's a £10m release clause?

I'm heading over to the Rangers Rumours website to see what real rumours are on there...
You think this place is full of fruitloops? Enjoy. Do me a favour and take all the financial fantasist freaks with you please. They've a dedicated page just for us over there, they'll be in their glory. B-)

Saw a tweet earlier that sums this thread up, people make suggestions which turns into people thinking we’re interested then those same people lose their mind at us not signing said suggestion. It’s absolutely bonkers in here, so much anger at not signing players people hadn’t heard of nevermind seen play before they were suggested.

Rangers should be all over this one
The concern over Souttars fitness would be much less of an issue if we didn't also have Helanders to take into account.

As great as big Fil is when fit he's a lot like Roofe in the sense we really can't rely on him to play the majority of games or as and when needed.

Helander as a makeweight plus cash would make a lot of sense but I'm not sure if Malmos wage structure would be a problem for them.

We keep going on about Seville we lost , had a great run made loads of money on the run but we lost , we won 1 trophy last season they won 2 domestically we had a poor season , we are getting more & more like them every week about this Seville , let it go we lost don't hang on to a defeat the way they do about Seville.

Domestically it didn't work but our points total last season would have been enough to win 4 of their last 10 titles and 1 point off a 5th. Our spell after January where Gio shat it in 3 of the 4 games set the tone he only learned from it after a pumping at the piggery. Their run from September is basically what won them the league.

The concern over Souttars fitness would be much less of an issue if we didn't also have Helanders to take into account.

As great as big Fil is when fit he's a lot like Roofe in the sense we really can't rely on him to play the majority of games or as and when needed.

Helander as a makeweight plus cash would make a lot of sense but I'm not sure if Malmos wage structure would be a problem for them.
I know Helander wants to go back to Malmo so hopefully it's something that could be worked on wages wise it would probably be a straight swap for us

It's age.

They were 23. Aribo is 26.

Not many teams are forking out £14m for a 26 year old in this league with a year left on his deal.

Celtic only got £7m for Armstrong from Southampton at the same age and same contract situation.

Same happened last season and bang, Malmö happened. Didn’t stop the excuses from some.

Malmo happened because we couldn't beat 10 men over 45 minutes nothing to do with a lack of recruitment. We also had 3 key players from the season before in Europe suspended or stuck in a quarantine hotel as well as Roofe suspended. That's before you consider the actual sort of pre-season we had at the time as well.

Aye, ok.

Staunch points for you.
Yipee, Staunch points.

If you had read my posts previously you would see that we are on the same page regarding wanting more goals from our forward areas, as I have already stated they brought in lots of goals with Kyogo, Gioumakis, Abada and Jota.
We have to match or better that.

I think folk are already doing that and have been doing for weeks, look at this thread it's basically just petty arguments every day.

You're saying questions will be asked I'm saying all that means is more online shouting and bawling. I have family down south who support English sides and they cannot stand their owners/board/execs, some of these teams have spent millions already. It's just standard, you're not unique.

How are you going to translate your unhappiness into direct criticism and protest against the board or Ross Wilson?
Your last part, criticism will get louder as the days tick by with no signings

Online, all over Rangers social media posts. It’s already happening.

I’d be very surprised if those high up aren’t already aware of it. Depending on who you speak to, the club monitor fan forums in some way or the other.

As I said, it won’t be long before journalists go to print questioning Wilson and the board over transfers or lack of, and if that happens I suspect they won’t be best pleased given we’ve seen multiple times, they really don’t like personal attacks on them

Why though? Who are we trying to appease with the financial results in terms of which year they fall in to?

We aren’t your typical company where that is a major concern to investors or lenders, of course the finances are important but I don’t think where they fall is influencing our decision making on transfer activity.

I'd go as far as saying it could well be the opposite.
Last year may prove to be an anomoly.
So £10 million loss after loss, followed by a £10 million profit then back to big losses will make things look worse next year.

Gerrards main target Lundstram was brought in and played in that tie, as did Sakala

Signing players doesnt guarantee success in the qualifiers

Yipee, Staunch points.

If you had read my posts previously you would see that we are on the same page regarding wanting more goals from our forward areas, as I have already stated they brought in lots of goals with Kyogo, Gioumakis, Abada and Jota.
We have to match or better that.
Agreed!

We get what clubs are willing to pay.

What if Aribo only wants to join one that will pay £10m max & the player plays hardball.

Judge each situation as it transpires.

That mob across the city always get what they are looking for when selling top assets.

If Rangers start rolling over for one player then what's to stop other players/agents from doing the exact same thing and the club losing millions?

Like in any negotiation if you come out looking weak you'll get trampled on.

Is Aribo worth £4m million less than Ajer on the open market with the same length of contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back