The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Airbo is most definitely a player we brought in to develop and hopefully sell on at a profit, so the idea that we gave him a deal with £10m release clause is ridiculous, and anyone who sanctioned that should get their arse kicked.
Wouldn’t be out of the question for an agent to ask for that to be in there as part of a decision to move to Scotland, would it?

McLaughlin? Don't see it. He's a solid backup keeper for us but that's it. He's not a commanding enough keeper.

Sorry, but that's utter pish. Mclaughlin is much more commanding of his box than mcgregor ever has been.

Not once on Saturday was I worried about a hearts corner, as much as I love mcgregor It was heart in mouth at every cross and corner.

Jon has enough about him to be no1 next season.

Can we at least have a couple of weeks without all this then once we have reset start to look at what we might do come then window.

It’s going to be a long summer if people are starting to speculate already.

When is it the window opens?

McLaughlin? Don't see it. He's a solid backup keeper for us but that's it. He's not a commanding enough keeper, nor does he seem to have that leadership mentalitity that our bonafide number ones have had. He knew when he signed for us that he was a backup keeper and I doubt he was told he was guaranteed the gloves if McGregor retired.
none of us have enough evidence to judge McLaughlin. Commanding? He collects every ball that comes into his box in Scotland. You can have quiet leadership qualities. Shagger shouted at everyone but his back 4 are constantly shutting their pants that he doesn’t come for every ball, creating panic. Leadership is giving assurance to the back 4 that you have the box completely under control, which McLaughlin has shown. The only area of his game that hasn’t been tested fully is his shot stopping.

Why would an agent demand a low figure buy out clause in a contract?

Means less money for them surely if the player is doing well and their value soars.

Imagine Aribo's agent had insisted on a £10m buy out, that's a lot less cash for him in any deal than it would be if Aribo were to go for £20m.

No way is a club buying a player for £10m and the agent is getting £4m, which is what he might get if the player was to go for double that.

McLaughlin and McRorie can feel hard done by if this goes through. It’s an area I don’t believe we need to strengthen unless it’s youngsters to play in the B team.
No idea how good this is but signing a 24 yr old keeper could prove to be exceptional business over the coming years.

We need 3 keepers so I'd expect one to come in.

"Kovacevic has featured against Rangers’ rivals Celtic in Europe over the past four years, conceding six goals over three Champions League and Europa League qualifying clashes."

Couldn't resist putting that in :rolleyes:
Let's be honest, any media report will try to put "local context" in to a story.

It's the same when referees are appointed for European ties. There is nothing sinister in it.

Means less money for them surely if the player is doing well and their value soars.

Imagine Aribo's agent had insisted on a £10m buy out, that's a lot less cash for him in any deal than it would be if Aribo were to go for £20m.

No way is a club buying a player for £10m and the agent is getting £4m, which is what he might get if the player was to go for double that.

These rumours always creep in whenever we’ve got anyone half-decent.

Some were/are adamant that Kent has a £10m release clause despite us getting him for £7m.

Agents don’t get a percentage of the transfer fee. Their fees are negotiated separately. It’s why agent fees are very high for free transfers.

A low buy out clause is very much in the interests of the player and agent because it gives them more options.

I think is going to be a long preseason-one major problem we face is we always end up starting the season early and most clubs haven’t even completed their transfers.
You would expect surely this time for us to be facing players actually getting serious offers tabled for them.
Strikes me Gio and the club are facing the usual awkward/tricky scenarios

the money agents get come from each deal, lower buyout clause allows them to sell a player easier. If it was a palace then there’s less convincing to do. Would you rather buy a player at £10m or £20mc?

Can we at least have a couple of weeks without all this then once we have reset start to look at what we might do come then window.

It’s going to be a long summer if people are starting to speculate already.

When is it the window opens?

In a weird way reading the nonsense on this is helping me get over last Wednesday. Making me look forward rather than back now.

Wouldn’t be out of the question for an agent to ask for that to be in there as part of a decision to move to Scotland, would it?
If there is a £10m release clause then we'd see x30 what we paid for him after 3 years service so it'd be great business, that said I hope there isn't one and if he does leave he goes for more than £10m. I'm not too disppondant at the thought of Aribo moving on as we have Hagi to come back from injury and Lowry is emerging as the real deal.

Goldson, Kent and Morelos (if they all move on) would need replaced with top, top quality.

If there is a £10m release clause then we'd see x30 what we paid for him after 3 years service so it'd be great business, that said I hope there isn't one and if he does leave he goes for more than £10m. I'm not too disppondant at the thought of Aribo moving on as we have Hagi to come back from injury and Lowry is emerging as the real deal.

Goldson, Kent and Morelos (if they all move on) would need replaced with top, top quality.
Yes we need to take any fees and replace with £4m players or players at that ability.

Yes we need to take any fees and replace with £4m players or players at that ability.
If we lose 5/6 players I expect us to take in a good £25m minimum so I'd want 5/6 replacements all around the £4/5m mark. Also, we need to continue to exploit this loophole that sees English youth players moving here for buttons. There's got to be a good few promising young players in England looking on at Aribo and Bassey's success and thinking they want a piece of that... hopefully we can bring in a couple more on top of ready made signings we make to replace those who decide to leave.

I will be very surprised if Aribo is still a Rangers player next season. Can see Kamara being sold as well.

I hope and think Kent and Morelos will sign extensions.

Based on nothing but my own gut feelings.
I agree , do we think Aribo and Kamara going leaving has Bassey , thinking right time to go , also this deal whoever comes in for him sets him up for life .

Huge summer ahead. Probably the biggest and most important in some time. I’m hoping for:

OUT

McGregor (Retired)
Goldson (EOC)
Katic (Sell)
Helander (Sell)
Simpson (Sell)
Barisic (Sell)
Aribo (Sell)
Davis (EOC)
Sakala (Sell)
Itten (Sell)

IN

GK x1 (2nd Choice)
CB x2
LB x1
CM x1
CAM x1
RW x1
ST x1
Katic has been told he will be given a chance. McGregor has a new contract if he decides he wants it. We may need to pay off Simpson and no one will take a risk on Hellander. I think Sakala will be given a chance and I wouldn’t be shocked if Itten was given till Christmas too. If we let Kamara and Aribo go I don’t think there is any chance we are selling Barisic, especially if Davis also leaves. I think Gio will want at least 8 or 9 of the first team squad this year to be starters next.

Ferguson is better in his position than Scott Wright was in his. We have a duty to develop.

Ferguson would be excellent cover for Jack.

We need Scottish trained players.
Agree a car Jack. Please forget the Ferguson line until a good one appears. Aberdeen are not in the bottom 6 because they have great players.

If we were adding Lewis Ferguson in the same circumstance we added Wright and Jack most would be perfectly fine with it, it's what would have to be done to get him that is the issue.
Fully agree mate.

I think Ferguson is a decent player and would add to an important area of the pitch but Aberdeen would make us over pay.

He’s got 2 years left, if you could get him for £2-3m then maybe but anything over that I think is too much.

Low purchase price would attract many buyers for a good quality player. Speculate to accumulate a larger fee from the buyer would be my guess.

Fully agree mate.

I think Ferguson is a decent player and would add to an important area of the pitch but Aberdeen would make us over pay.

He’s got 2 years left, if you could get him for £2-3m then maybe but anything over that I think is too much.
The only way we would sign Ferguson is at the end of his contract. The premium Aberdeen would look to charge us would make any fee prohibitive.

What about the West Brom keeper? Looked like he was EPL bound but it seems teams like Southampton and Tottenham are not going to move for him. Surely the potential lure of CL football might tempt him over a mid table EPL team?

If we were adding Lewis Ferguson in the same circumstance we added Wright and Jack most would be perfectly fine with it, it's what would have to be done to get him that is the issue.
If Ferguson was added as a squad player I have never been averse to that. I don't think he's got the same qualities as Jack to become a regular for us but strengthening the bench is something we do need to look at.

Fully agree mate.

Time to drop this Ferguson tripe. If he was any good he would have moved on from the sheep before now. Only mentioned every window with us because of his rangers connections. We should be looking at players with the quality to play in Europe not bottom half of our Mickey Mouse league.

Time to drop this Ferguson tripe. If he was any good he would have moved on from the sheep before now. Only mentioned every window with us because of his rangers connections. We should be looking at players with the quality to play in Europe not bottom half of our Mickey Mouse league.

He nearly joined Watford last season till Aberdeen came the complete c*nt with him.

He is 22 years old, Ryan Jack was about 25 by the time he joined us.

Ferguson is better in his position than Scott Wright was in his. We have a duty to develop.

Ferguson would be excellent cover for Jack.

We need Scottish trained players.
The fee needed to get him would be too high for someone that could potentially become good enough and wouldn't improve us now.

If Bassey is now a centre back, we badly need a new left back. Borna’s body looks like it’s about to pack in on him. Constantly goes back the way and is no longer a strong runner.
Bassey should 100% be our main left back, not centre back.

I'd take Lewis Ferguson, depending on price obviously. I think he would flourish with better players around him, much like Jack and Kamara have done.

Scope for improvement at 22 as well, and I imagine we might need to sign a Scottish player to fulfil the homegrown quota for European competition. I suspect this is why we've been linked to Ross Stewart.

Waste of money enough better options within our youth players Lowry & McCann. I cant see him in front of any of our current midfielders. Other positions need covered before midfield. Again only the Rangers connections making a case for signing him.

To be fair to him Watford wanted him in the summer and the sheep wanted stupid money for him.

Said many times I don't get the fuss round Ferguson the squad as it stands he doesn't even make the bench and whilst we will have a turnover of players I would rather we gave opportunities to McCann and Cole Mackinnon instead. We need to start bringing through our own players and this current crop we have look good enough to make the breakthrough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back