The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Katic can’t be part of the solution and Sands will never be a CB for Rangers unless in a dire emergency. Helander and Souttar’s injury records are a worry. King should get more game time but is still not going to be a regular. Bassey is likely to be in massive demand (clearly I hope he signs a new deal, he’s immense). We will miss Goldson if that’s our options.

At least you didn’t mention Simpson!
Sands has played CB regularly as an International. Yet he can’t play there in the Spfl?

Sands has played CB regularly as an International. Yet he can’t play there in the Spfl?
His natural position is CDM. You see that right?

He played Gold Cup games which are glorified friendlies, if he was a regular USA international CB, I’d be expecting l something quite different. We need to see if he can rise above “neat and tidy” in the role he’s been brought in to do (not writing him off, he’s had some decent moments).

I said he would fill in there if he had to but he’s never a proper solution at CB for us.

Hate saying this but I really don't want Greegs to be our #1 keeper next season, would like him to stay as a coach or something to keep his experience. He was always a bit reluctant to leave his line, he point blank refuses to now.
I'd take him as no2 and keeper coach role, he still has at least a quality year in him off the bench or cup games.

Naive on my part, but would Calvin want to go back to a manger where he got limited game time, when he's now with a manger who trusts him and has played a big role in him flourishing?

Not saying he won't go to PL, but with the likes of Bayern and Chelsea allegedly circling, is Stevie G that much of a pull for him?
Bassey would be very wise to stick with that manager, and stay here for another year.

We need a player like Ramsey in midfield, preferably someone ascending in their career instead of on the way down and not always on the treatment table but that creative midfielder who's also a goal threat is missing in our midfield. Veerman is always going to be a what if for us because he's exactly that kind of midfielder and has been brilliant for psv.

Isn’t that exactly the position we are developing Lowry into? We need to give him more and more game time next season, he’s shown he has creative talent and goal scoring ability. We will also have Hagi back who can also perform this role very well.

Kent’s had a decent season, and had some very good performances in Europe. That said, I wish he’d drive more into the box instead of all the crossing. Would keep him if he extends his contract. Otherwise we have to sell this summer and not lose him for free.
The one thing I've noticed about Kent is I think we are actually playing him on the wrong wing I've had a look at some of his better goals for us and there all left footed strikes and he tends to like crossing with his right surely him cutting in from the right hand side on his left foot would improve his goal ratio

I'd take him as no2 and keeper coach role, he still has at least a quality year in him off the bench or cup games.
If he wants to continue playing he has to move on.

I’d much rather McCrorie or another GK being signed than the nostalgia of having AM on the bench.

We need, at least:
1 GK
2 CB
2 CM (departures dependent)
1 RW
1 ST

Every one of them has to be good enough to be a regular in the first 11 & not squad fillers like Jones, Barker, Sands etc.

King & Lowry will be a lot more involved next year especially in early domestic cup rounds so that lessens our need for overpaid squad players.

Isn’t that exactly the position we are developing Lowry into? We need to give him more and more game time next season, he’s shown he has creative talent and goal scoring ability. We will also have Hagi back who can also perform this role very well.

If Lowry works on developing his physique & his effectiveness I expect him to pass Hagi by the end of next season.

He has the scope to be incredible if he shows a Bassey mindset.

The one thing I've noticed about Kent is I think we are actually playing him on the wrong wing I've had a look at some of his better goals for us and there all left footed strikes and he tends to like crossing with his right surely him cutting in from the right hand side on his left foot would improve his goal ratio

It surprises me that we don’t give him more scope to go across the front line dependant upon where he can most hurt teams.

Sands was not bought for centre half, Simpson will never play for a Rangers again , Katic and Helander will most likely get moved on
By “most likely move on” what are you basing that on? Any interest for Helander or just your opinion on what should happen?

Their fans never shut up about how he's behind Abada and Jota in terms of numbers and Juranovic spent the season laughing in his face.

Absolutely petrified is a stretch and a half
aye because people never try and play down their concerns over this stuff. I never feared larsson when we played him, he was overrated and negri was a better striker....

While they might be interested, it's literally the first fourth sentences about them being interested.

Click bate shite from that newspaper.
Hmmmm, the times isn’t a very clickbaity newspaper. Paul Joyce of the telegraph, possibly the go to for Gerrard news, said the same 2 weeks ago.

Correct. People saying that he only scored 3 and had 20 assists fail to realise that if he was scoring 20 and having 20 assists he would never be at Rangers. He is a phenomenal team player and, of aribo kamara and kent, the one i would hold on to.
I’d agree. Kamara replaceable and Aribo massively inconsistent.

Villa gave Coutinho 120k a week and Boubacar Kamara 175k to join them. If they want Bassey they have no excuse to not give us a club record fee when they're throwing the kind of money around that they are already.

I’d agree. Kamara replaceable and Aribo massively inconsistent.
I know he scored in the final (I thought he was awful otherwise though) but for me, Aribo doesnt perform nearly as often enough in big games in europe or old firms. if we got 10m I genuinely think we could get two 4m players and a 2m player that would contribute more to the first 11.

Fact this is The Times and not The Sun worries me this may be true.
The Times (London) were the first to report Gerrard was off to Villa, whilst we sat around laughing saying no chance. Then he was gone.

We need Bassey on a new and improved deal asap or we will lose him this window.

We need to box clever here, although I fear anything over £20m sees him gone

I know he scored in the final (I thought he was awful otherwise though) but for me, Aribo doesnt perform nearly as often enough in big games in europe or old firms. if we got 10m I genuinely think we could get two 4m players and a 2m player that would contribute more to the first 11.
Agreed. Aribo also too one footed. That Leipzig miss showed his limitations.

The Times may not be a click bait paper, but they’re at it with that headline.

Aston Villa are ready to step up their pursuit of the Rangers defender Calvin Bassey after his standout season in which he starred in both the Europa League and Scottish Cup finals.

2E7F87A500000578-3320659-image-a-132_1447690855426.jpg

Bassey going (likely) is a bit of a shitter, but nature of being a football fan means it is an on to the next one thing, that being - there is literally going to be next to no excuse for the board not to offer Gio all that is needed to retool this squad in what other shape he wants.

This really is going to be a fantastic, long thread, packed with so much bickering and bitch fights and that for me, is the lifeblood of this forum IMO, some things are more important than the players who play for us.

Last edited:
So the Japanese scores a few goals last year against the dross of the sphell and picks up some litter he's instantly touted for 30 million, Bassey is the stand out in our Europa league campaign motm in both end of season finals and the scum mhedia make out it's 15 to million for him :rolleyes:

I doubt we could buy a player of Bassey's quality and at his age, but if we got £20m+ for him I'd be comfortable that we could replace him with a quality player and invest in other areas of the pitch. This is the model we should be striving for.

If he wants to continue playing he has to move on.

I’d much rather McCrorie or another GK being signed than the nostalgia of having AM on the bench.

We need, at least:
1 GK
2 CB
2 CM (departures dependent)
1 RW
1 ST

Every one of them has to be good enough to be a regular in the first 11 & not squad fillers like Jones, Barker, Sands etc.

King & Lowry will be a lot more involved next year especially in early domestic cup rounds so that lessens our need for overpaid squad players.
I agree with the sentiment and totally agree that we pretty much need a strong spine who are first 11, however I still think McGregor has one quality season from the bench left in him. He's a top quality keeper that we know gives his all for us. I have a feeling though he may retire.

So the Japanese scores a few goals last year against the dross of the sphell and picks up some litter he's instantly touted for 30 million, Bassey is the stand out in our Europa league campaign motm in both end of season finals and the scum mhedia make out it's 15 to million for him :rolleyes:
Where has the Japanese crock been touted for £30m? Nowhere. They’ve ran him into the ground and his injuries and age mean he won’t get them top dollar

While not a transfer photo, it is a demonstration of what I would like this summer, albeit missing a scarf being held by the player at the left and right end aloft the others and another 4 or 5 players, this actually might happen

An image like this is a reality this summer, what a time to be alive.

Andy-Goram-signed-The-Goalie-photograph-Glasgow-Rangers-12x16-5.jpg

The Times (London) were the first to report Gerrard was off to Villa, whilst we sat around laughing saying no chance. Then he was gone.

We need Bassey on a new and improved deal asap or we will lose him this window.

We need to box clever here, although I fear anything over £20m sees him gone
It was Paul Joyce of the times I’m sure. He said a couple weeks ago Villa want Bassey.

There's absolutely nothing of note in there.
We're going to speak to Davis and Balogun this week (we know).
McGregor is going to speak with family before deciding whether to retire or not (we know).

Smacks of 'there's no Rangers news tonight so rehash something'.

Just the usual clickbait crap to generate hits or make it look like they know somethings happening when in reality the Record will be getting nothing from the club.

If Lowry works on developing his physique & his effectiveness I expect him to pass Hagi by the end of next season.

He has the scope to be incredible if he shows a Bassey mindset.
Exactly.

Bassey has tremendous physical attributes which are there for all to see but what really sets him apart is his attitude. That eagerness to not only learn but crucially improve with every performance is heart warming.

He truly is an inspiration for anyone breaking into the game and how to go about it. I remember Gerrard speaking passionately about being obsessed with being the best. Well Calvin Bassey must have been listening intently to those words because it's been many a long year since I've seen anyone hunger for success like the big fella. Lowry needs look no further!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back