The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do need at least 4 pretty decent forwards, when they were getting their way that is what Ferguson and Smith wanted they would chuck forwards at it to make sure they found at least 2 that worked.

Bruce Anderson from Livingston is one player I think we should be looking at, only 23 and has pretty good stats.

In the league his goals per minute ratio is better than any Rangers player and his assists per minute is better than Sakala and Aribo. He got those stats with low quality players playing around him, imagine what he could do with better players around him.

Might be a good 'home grown' squad filler. Livingston would probably want too much money for him though.

Luckily you aren't a member of our scouting department.

I really don't get how people can say it's alright for £10m+ assets to leave for free/run down contract next season as long as we sell one player (Bassey) for £25m+?

That's alright if you are consistently selling one player for that every year. We aren't guaranteed the same European money we got this season in the next, we don't have a conveyor belt of £25m players coming through, and the money in Scottish football is terrible. Comparing to Liverpool players contract situation is redundant as we rely on player trading models to help cash flow and to refresh the squad yearly - Liverpool don't have the same reliance on player sales.

We have to start selling players at their peak value unfortunately. Otherwise we can expect summer transfer windows similar to the last.

Bruce Anderson from Livingston is one player I think we should be looking at, only 23 and has pretty good stats.

In the league his goals per minute ratio is better than any Rangers player and his assists per minute is better than Sakala and Aribo. He got those stats with low quality players playing around him, imagine what he could do with better players around him.

Might be a good 'home grown' squad filler. Livingston would probably want too much money for him though.

Guess your in the replace Kent with Regan Charles Cook camp as well?

Can just picture us winning the Europa league last week with Bruce Anderson leading the line with Alfie and Roofe not available.

Exactly, Anderson scored more goals than Roofe and has a better goals per minute ratio than Roofe and Morelos. Can't be a bad player, would be a decent home grown squad filler.

We don't need any more home grown squad fillers (frankly, the last thing we need anyway is more squad players!) because you only need 4, we have...

Souttar
Jack
Arfield
Wright

The 4 club trained players is always our problem, currently only 1 out of 4 slots is filled next season with Robbie McCrorie.

If we come to decision to sell players and there are multiple buyers for them, I really hope Villa don’t get any of our players.

I get it if they’re only interested party and it’s just business, but if there are other clubs tell them to do one.

Guess your in the replace Kent with Regan Charles Cook camp as well?

Can just picture us winning the Europa league last week with Bruce Anderson leading the line with Alfie and Roofe not available.

Not replace, just to add home grown squad depth, we have lacked squad depth in some areas of the pitch this season.

Need to look at getting some home grown squad fillers with the Uefa requirements.

We don't need any more home grown squad fillers (frankly, the last thing we need anyway is more squad players!) because you only need 4, we have...

Souttar
Jack
Arfield
Wright

The 4 club trained players is always our problem, currently only 1 out of 4 slots is filled next season with Robbie McCrorie.

Ok that is fair enough, thought we might need more home grown players than that.

Not replace, just to add home grown squad depth, we have lacked squad depth in some areas of the pitch this season.

Need to look at getting some home grown squad fillers with the Uefa requirements.

We have 32 players last thing we need is anymore squad depth. Injuries are part and parcel of football so we are going to end up short at points.

Anderson has already failed with better players round him at Aberdeen OK he might have been young but if he had anything about him he wouldn't have ended up at Livi via Hamilton.

I really don't get how people can say it's alright for £10m+ assets to leave for free/run down contract next season as long as we sell one player (Bassey) for £25m+?

That's alright if you are consistently selling one player for that every year. We aren't guaranteed the same European money we got this season in the next, we don't have a conveyor belt of £25m players coming through, and the money in Scottish football is terrible. Comparing to Liverpool players contract situation is redundant as we rely on player trading models to help cash flow and to refresh the squad yearly - Liverpool don't have the same reliance on player sales.

We have to start selling players at their peak value unfortunately. Otherwise we can expect summer transfer windows similar to the last.

It was me TBF re letting some players run their deals down - never made reference to Liverpool

If were to sell Bassey for that fee, around 25 million, on top of Patterson money, that is the best part of 40 million in fees this season, before even considering any other sales . You can then chuck in the 15 million from the Europa League.

If that funds a summer like last this summer, and arguably even next, we would be as well chucking it.

A massive part of the reason Bassey is of value is because of our run in the Europa League, a massive factor in our run in the Europa League was - Goldson.

If we sold Goldson last summer, and the replacement was a bit hit and miss, do we go as far in Europe? does Bassey hold the value he does now?

If we had sold Aribo last season for instance for 12 million, and he was then replaced by Sakala as we "player traded" do we perform as we did in Europe?

As you say, money in Scotland is awful, we need Europe we need that money, that platform, a team that can get to Europe and perform when there.

We can't simply sell every single player, and have every single player in the squad as a possible sellable asset, we do need to retain some players and simply have banked, known quality hinging the squad as well to offer the chance for players to become "tradeable"

There is now a proven record over a number of years between, their business, and ours, that clubs will find sellable assets, the idea we might not have a player to sell isn't something that we should be scared of

We in recent years could have sold Morelos for 16 million did sell Patterson, 16 million, Bassey likely will go for 20 million - Celtic sold the likes of Ajer, Frimpong and Eduard for upwards of 10 million.

*people need to consider where we have been when they make mention how little activity out we have partaken in

If we are nailing our scouting we should always have at least one sellable asset there to hinge a possible stumble in Europe, while also offering us the chance to retain a squad that could also be considered to compete in Europe and win the league.

BA0-C0545-8733-463-A-963-D-354668-C57-E5-F.jpg
I've got you sorted..
Screenshot-20220526-115708-Gmail.jpg

Kamara
Bassey
Alfie
Tav
Goldson
Jack
Aribo
Balogun

None of them at big clubs, all their stats matched up. They all seemed to do ok.

Just because someone is at Livi or the likes doesnt meant they should be derided as an option

Are you actually comparing Bruce fcuking Anderson to all those listed above?

I doubt he would even get a game in our B team, I’ve seen some mad suggestions but you cant be serious?

Exactly, Anderson scored more goals than Roofe and has a better goals per minute ratio than Roofe and Morelos. Can't be a bad player, would be a decent home grown squad filler.

You are officially trolling us and now yourself? With this nonsense….

You’re Bruce Anderson aren't you?

Souttar
Jack
Arfield
Wright

Lowry and King will likely be named in the designated squad.

Are you actually comparing Bruce fcuking Anderson to all those listed above?

I doubt he would even get a game in our B team, I’ve seen some mad suggestions but you cant be serious?
No im pointing out for proper player trading we have to find players who we can increase value and sell on and they will come from clubs and players others have dismissed because they fit our profile and have good stats.

We are no longer in the world of buying the best in England, Holland etc.

Dismissing players without looking at the underlying statistics is mental and to claim he wouldnt get a game in our B team is worse.

We have always had SPL standard strikers in every major run of success we have had. If we want to have consistency we need squad depth and fillers that can perform in our league to allow us to rest our main players for big games in league and europe. We have paid the price of constantly relying on the same few and hoping they play through form dips

To be fair to the poster, Bruce Anderson has scored more than Ross Stewart before he got his move to Sunderland.

If you think Ross Stewart is shite too then fair enough B-)

It was me TBF re letting some players run their deals down - never made reference to Liverpool

If were to sell Bassey for that fee, around 25 million, on top of Patterson money, that is the best part of 40 million in fees this season, before even considering any other sales . You can then chuck in the 15 million from the Europa League.

If that funds a summer like last this summer, and arguably even next, we would be as well chucking it.

A massive part of the reason Bassey is of value is because of our run in the Europa League, a massive factor in our run in the Europa League was - Goldson.

If we sold Goldson last summer, and the replacement was a bit hit and miss, do we go as far in Europe? does Bassey hold the value he does now?

If we had sold Aribo last season for instance for 12 million, and he was then replaced by Sakala as we "player traded" do we perform as we did in Europe?

As you say, money in Scotland is awful, we need Europe we need that money, that platform, a team that can get to Europe and perform when there.

We can't simply sell every single player, and have every single player in the squad as a possible sellable asset, we do need to retain some players and simply have banked, known quality hinging the squad as well to offer the chance for players to become "tradeable"

There is now a proven record over a number of years between, their business, and ours, that clubs will find sellable assets, the idea we might not have a player to sell isn't something that we should be scared of

We in recent years could have sold Morelos for 16 million did sell Patterson, 16 million, Bassey likely will go for 20 million - Celtic sold the likes of Ajer, Frimpong and Eduard for upwards of 10 million.

*people need to consider where we have been when they make mention how little activity out we have partaken in

If we are nailing our scouting we should always have at least one sellable asset there to hinge a possible stumble in Europe, while also offering us the chance to retain a squad that could also be considered to compete in Europe and win the league.
There's a lot of ifs and buts in there though. Can counter that with if we sell a £10m+ player and we end up with 2 or more starting XI players better than we have. Yes there's no guarantees - much like my point of we aren't guaranteed the same Euro money we got this year so next year we don't have that to fall back on and reinvest in the squad. Also not guaranteed Aribo etc have a good season next year. Again a reason I'm on the side of sell when value is at its peak.

I seen the Liverpool contract point made a few pages back hence why I said they have other means to get money into the club. We don't. We all seen the last accounts and what it meant for our summer window which is why I feel we need to sell high value assets (price being right obviously) so that we can operate and refresh the squad. Can agree with Jack-value player for example seeing out full contract, but not a Kent or Kamara for me.

There's a lot of ifs and buts in there though. Can counter that with if we sell a £10m+ player and we end up with 2 or more starting XI players better than we have. Yes there's no guarantees - much like my point of we aren't guaranteed the same Euro money we got this year so next year we don't have that to fall back on and reinvest in the squad. Also not guaranteed Aribo etc have a good season next year. Again a reason I'm on the side of sell when value is at its peak.

I seen the Liverpool contract point made a few pages back hence why I said they have other means to get money into the club. We don't. We all seen the last accounts and what it meant for our summer window which is why I feel we need to sell high value assets (price being right obviously) so that we can operate and refresh the squad. Can agree with Jack-value player for example seeing out full contract, but not a Kent or Kamara for me.

Always is a lot of ifs and buts in football, 2 more players for the starting 11 - what if they are dross, what if it takes them months to settle and we have already f*cked trying to qualify for the CL

We could make even more European money next season quite quickly TBF

I would say there is enough evidence now to suggest the likes of Aribo would have a pretty good season next year, he would still be playing for a move and his next contract even if in the last year of his deal. A lot of teams would back away from the idea of signing him and cash if he was simply seen as a player who chucks it in that easy... if he helps a side make the CL and win a title..... £££ for him, I would expect that is the place Goldson has found himself in as a result of his season in the last year of his deal, its a regular thing in football now.

The recent accounts have a bit of an outlier in them as well - was the same with the trading model, it was always going to take time as we rebuilt to a stage of competitiveness.

I am not advocating letting all players run down their deals, but if the odd player comes and goes adds quality and we don't get the bumper fee expected, which is likely going to happen in this day and age, if they offer us max return in the time they are here, no issue with it

No im pointing out for proper player trading we have to find players who we can increase value and sell on and they will come from clubs and players others have dismissed because they fit our profile and have good stats.

We are no longer in the world of buying the best in England, Holland etc.

Dismissing players without looking at the underlying statistics is mental and to claim he wouldnt get a game in our B team is worse.

We have always had SPL standard strikers in every major run of success we have had. If we want to have consistency we need squad depth and fillers that can perform in our league to allow us to rest our main players for big games in league and europe. We have paid the price of constantly relying on the same few and hoping they play through form dips

Would we have won the league with Bruce Anderson leading the line with Alfie and Roofe missing?

Would we have won the league with Bruce Anderson leading the line?
As our main striker instead of Alfie and Roofe?

No

As back up to come into the team for when Alfie was injured/international duty and Roofe injured?

Yeah, potentially.

Trying to argue it as Bruce Anderson as the main striker for our league campaign is completely missing the point if that is where you are going.

Souttar
Jack
Arfield
Wright

Wouldn't Lowry, King and Devine be considered "club trained"?

As our main striker instead of Alfie and Roofe?

No

As back up to come into the team for when Alfie was injured/international duty and Roofe injured?

Yeah, potentially.

Trying to argue it as Bruce Anderson as the main striker for our league campaign is completely missing the point if that is where you are going.

I genuinely don't know how you can watch Bruce Anderson and think he's anywhere near good enough to play for us. We have so many squad fillers we don't need anymore especially someone who has already played with better players at Aberdeen.

If he was any good then McInnes would have gave him a chance at Aberdeen but they were happy to let him go. Scoring goals wasn't an issue for us this season keeping them out at the other end was and that's what cost us the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back