The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Villa just paid £26m for a 29 year old who has a mistake in him.

£25m + for a 22 year old that has proved himself at the highest level both in Europe and internationally is a snip in today's market.

He has pace, power and will only get better. We under value our players so much as a support.
This, plus he’s left sided and versatile. And English. Teams Down in the premiership pay more for untried youth players, so for me it’s realistic.

The side who made it to spot kicks in the Europa League Final ‘badly needs freshened up’.

Some of the hyperbole and pant-wetting innate negativity passed off as fact on this forum is incredible, and people posting it should be embarrassed with themselves.

We want to add quality, to supplement what we have, reading some posts you’d think we’d just finished second to Hearts in the Championship.
domestically we have looked somewhat stale and needing more goals, people will point to Defoe's "last dance" comments last year. I would say with contract situations and needing to bring in some fresh faces and quality, freshening up is exactly what is required and will happen. You'd have to imagine some of the core quality players are coming to their natural end with Rangers, just like your average person in any job but more so footballers with short careers

Hurts my head that anyone would want to ‘lose’ Kent, utterly mental, or any of our other young excellent players like Kamara and Aribo, so strange. If we get great offers then yes, but you’d think they were at the arse end of their careers rather than not even close to their peak.
Kent is a brilliant player on his day but he just doesn’t score enough over the course of a season imo.

Tremendous player and I would love to keep him at Ibrox but Bassey going for a Scottish record fee would be very difficult for us to turn down. I hope we could also negotiate a sell-on percentage as his value should rocket after starring in the EPL for a year or so. That might seem a long time to wait as it would only take a matter of minutes for him to be valued at £50m if he was unlucky enough to go to celtc.

Tremendous player and I would love to keep him at Ibrox but Bassey going for a Scottish record fee would be very difficult for us to turn down. I hope we could also negotiate a sell-on percentage as his value should rocket after starring in the EPL for a year or so. That might seem a long time to wait as it would only take a matter of minutes for him to be valued at £50m if he was unlucky enough to go to celtc.
Yep. Talk of Tierney being subject of a £50m bid.

Once a young player like Bassey ‘proves’ themselves in a ‘better’ league then their value will only continue to increase.

Wolves paid 40m for Fabio Silva who is genuinely one of the worst players I’ve seen at that level

Prem clubs have got the money to cough up so we shouldn’t entertain anything below 25m

The side who made it to spot kicks in the Europa League Final ‘badly needs freshened up’.

Some of the hyperbole and pant-wetting innate negativity passed off as fact on this forum is incredible, and people posting it should be embarrassed with themselves.

We want to add quality, to supplement what we have, reading some posts you’d think we’d just finished second to Hearts in the Championship.
It also chucked away a six point lead against Celtic and still operates with nearly 20% of the realistic first teamers regularly unavailable through injury.

The squad does need a bit of work going forward.

I haven’t read the whole thread, maybe mentioned earlier, but Amad Diallo has been under our own noses for four months. Is Bassey worth more than the 37.2 million package Diallo last moved under.

We don't need any more home grown squad fillers (frankly, the last thing we need anyway is more squad players!) because you only need 4, we have...

Souttar
Jack
Arfield
Wright

The 4 club trained players is always our problem, currently only 1 out of 4 slots is filled next season with Robbie McCrorie.
Or we have 3

McCrorie
Lowry
King

I haven’t read the whole thread, maybe mentioned earlier, but Amad Diallo has been under our own noses for four months. Is Bassey worth more than the 37.2 million package Diallo last moved under.

As far as I can see the valuation of Diallo comes from a basis of not even having played many minutes in the Premier League, transfermarkt shows it at 21.3 million euros Man U payed Atalanta for him. His current transfermarkt valuation is 18 million euros

Most of his top flight football has been at Rangers with 13 domestic and 4 Euro appearances. Think how much more experience and how much more effective Bassey has proven himself to be.

Though to be fair Diallo is just 19 and Bassey now 22 so he has a few years of good experience and body building under his belt Diallo does not.

I'm not convinced he's going anywhere. It's paper talk as the season has just ended, there's no international tournament and the tabloids need something to write about. I'd be more surprised if Bassey isn't open to a new contract. The lad was knocked back by numerous clubs as a youth and, no matter how highly some at Leicester thought of him, he seemed to be a player they were just hoarding because English clubs can afford to. His entire career trajectory changed because of us, and it's clear from his reaction after the Leipzig game that he cares about the club - from his teammates and staff to the fans.

Not under any illusion that he'll be here for years. But I don't think he's in any rush to leave and I reckon we'll give him a new contract on improved terms, ensuring he doesn't leave on the cheap next summer.
The problem with that is that his value has never been higher, and unless we go on a sustained European run next season, and Bassey continues to show, then his stock, and therefore value, will never be higher than it is now.

Being a stand-out in the Scottish League will see bids come in, of course it will. But being a stand-out against top European teams is a level up.

If we want to maximise our return on Bassey, which is absolutely the correct financial approach, then we have to do so now.

It also chucked away a six point lead against Celtic and still operates with nearly 20% of the realistic first teamers regularly unavailable through injury.

The squad does need a bit of work going forward.
Thats the Ronsealed, nail-on-head, hot-take.

Rangers were crippled with the constant unavailability of players throughout the season, or players under par as they were fast tracked into the team less than fit.

Thats before we even discuss whether the players were good enough, which the season evidences as not.

What concerned me, and its growing, is the Board are tempted into thinking Rangers just had an unlucky season and the players can come back and do better. We've seen Scotty Arf resigned when hes clearly no longer able to cut it as we need, now I anticipate McGregor, Davis, Balogun all being offered new deals.

Gio himself has worryingly mentioned wholesale changes not being required which is not only a worrying take on the requirements but baffling from a Manager essentially still operating with someone else's team/squad.

After 55 and the success wave Rangers had to build, Gerrard knew it and the Board blinked. Rangers paid a heavy price.

Some of the work is done for them with the ill-conceived loans ending but they have to cut loose the players who are past it and ditch the folly of 'hes ok as a squad player'.

This team and squad need rebuilding and improving, thats only happening with new players.

This is very true.

On the lack of goals, yes I think Kent should score more however his goal return is in part driven by his place in our system. He is often the one who drops deep & is part of our build up on the counter.
Excuses, excuses and more excuses.
His finishing is the problem, it's woeful.

Let us hope Wilson is working hard in the background. We seriously need more goals in our team.
Kent gets grief and some of it justified as even in old firm games he was pish last season but in Europe unreal.

GK i am happy to let Jon start as 1
Defence we need a left back and one CB.
Midfield we need AM and back up for Jack and Lundstram.
Lowry must start games now.
Up front we need a complete revamp. This is what won the tramps the league, Rogic, Jota, Greek prick and Abada all posted number.

Our front 4 numbers are a joke and a disgrace and i include Morelos is that. We need numbers from left, right and our main striker and AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back