The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mate that gave me the Gio info messaged me right there to say he was told bassey deal done. Villa. 16m upfront rising to 24. I think he is being wound up as the person also jokingly told him months ago we were getting bale. He did tell us about gio before it happened though. However, overall, im calling bullshit.
1 day after Rangers briefed Sky saying they want 25m. Not a chance is anything near done.

Nigeria are in nations league?

African Nations qualifiers it is.

Do those Nigerian boys just basically never get a rest ? Ridiculous

It's the same for mainly European players as well Northern Ireland have 4 games Scotland a potential of 5 if get past Ukraine. So if they are still here then Bassey Aribo Davis and then the likes of McCann Jack and Souttar aren't getting much time off this summer.

Mo Salah is frustrating at times and I’m not even a Liverpool fan.

That’s football.

Kent’s off the ball movement, work rate and desire is top notch. He’s a threat whether he’s got the ball or not.

I suppose we could sell Kent and replace him with someone like Charles-Cook who’s got numbers (for the first time in his career). Some on here would be delighted with that.
Does Kent's effort come before Rangers?

We can recognise and applaud Kent's workrate and effort, i know i have, but would it hurt to have a player in the front three with better numbers?

We need more goals throughout the team. Especially from our forward line and Kent is a big part of that.

Again the same question; does Kent's effort come before Rangers? For me not, i am open to exploring options in that position and i say that as a Kent fan.

The wee man is fantastic but ultimately we need more goals from him. It is nothing personal, it never should be and with Kent i think he has our respect and support, but we need more.

He isn't a must keep for me, the money is right i would flip.

How much would he want weekly for an extension is another major factor. Would he still represent value on an increased wage?

Agree S. If it’s along the lines of :

17.5m Up Front
5.0m Over the next 2 years
5.0m Based on conditions eg games played etc
15% Sell On

That’s how I’d hope it could be.
Sorry Grigo, but this smacks of football manager. I know by your posts that you have a few years on me and you’re generally a straight talker so why on earth are you trying to talk DoF stuff?

Also, why is everyone so desperate to talk about fees for big Calvin? I’d much rather we just got on with extending his contract so that we can all enjoy him while he’s here. Same goes for Kent, Morelos, Kamara and Aribo. I realise that the club has a “player trading model”, but we are fans, we should be enjoying what happens on the park not worrying about fees.

If one or all of them go I hope we get the highest fees possible, but I hope none of them do and the freshening up we need is from the youth with European cash enough to keep us going.

(Fantasy I know, but I’m a football fan not a money fan).

African Nations qualifiers it is.

It's the same for mainly European players as well Northern Ireland have 4 games Scotland a potential of 5 if get past Ukraine. So if they are still here then Bassey Aribo Davis and then the likes of McCann Jack and Souttar aren't getting much time off this summer.
Hadn’t realised this at all mate, thought it was Ukraine then potentially Wales and that was it. Hopefully the players get enough rest and are ready to go come August!

Hadn’t realised this at all mate, thought it was Ukraine then potentially Wales and that was it. Hopefully the players get enough rest and are ready to go come August!

Armenia home, Ireland away and Armenia away are the 3 nations league fixtures. Not sure if the Armenia home game gets cancelled if we beat Ukraine. Think the Wales game is the 4th of June but not too sure.

Sorry Grigo, but this smacks of football manager. I know by your posts that you have a few years on me and you’re generally a straight talker so why on earth are you trying to talk DoF stuff?

Also, why is everyone so desperate to talk about fees for big Calvin? I’d much rather we just got on with extending his contract so that we can all enjoy him while he’s here. Same goes for Kent, Morelos, Kamara and Aribo. I realise that the club has a “player trading model”, but we are fans, we should be enjoying what happens on the park not worrying about fees.

If one or all of them go I hope we get the highest fees possible, but I hope none of them do and the freshening up we need is from the youth with European cash enough to keep us going.

(Fantasy I know, but I’m a football fan not a money fan).

OK mate, point taken. To be honest, I rarely talk about specific fees on transfers, and maybe this is why lol

What I would say is, my point is football related because the club has a strategy, so how do we improve on the park if we’re carrying that strategy out ?

My thought is we want to keep Morelos & Kent, so if we need to lose Calvin & say Aribo to keep
The forwards but also strengthen the team / squad overall, that’s what I’d do, hopefully getting us 35m, the majority of which can then be spent on new CDs, a new Right Forward, some new legs & energy in midfield.

Sorry I so offended you, but of course there’s always that interface between the business & operations in any club, or business.

Agree regarding the Schalke keeper but since when has a Rangers first 11 player being ‘fine’ been acceptable?

Keep seeing JM is ‘fine’, which is accurate. I like him and I was happy to see us sign him, he is very decent back up.

Not someone who is going to win us points.
How do we know Mclaughlin is only 'fine' ?

How many goals has he actually conceded for us and how many were his fault?

Don't see why he can't be our no.1 next season based on what I have seen from him.

Lewis Ferguson is the type of midfielder we don't have enough of.

People are entitled to saybthey don't want him but it's not a massive shock that we are linked with him.

Could do with a couple like him for difficult post Europe away games in particular.
peaky-blinders-s5-finale.jpg

Hopefully that works. Last thing he says

Click the link and then play I think
What team does Willie support?

If it's an English one it may not be as positive!

Last edited:
How do we know Mclaughlin is only 'fine' ?

How many goals has he actually conceded for us and how many were his fault?

Don't see why he can't be our no.1 next season based on what I have seen from him.
Its someone else who called him 'fine'.

And also. he is 34. Not a 19 year old kid. His ability is well known.

Goodness
I joked on another thread a few days ago that this thread would be a 50 pager before the season started up again
Think I missed a zero :D

Some brilliant stuff on here though .

Tin helmet on but I like Bassey but think he’s very much replaceable. If we get offered good money I’d take it and rebuild the squad.

Agree regarding the Schalke keeper but since when has a Rangers first 11 player being ‘fine’ been acceptable?

Keep seeing JM is ‘fine’, which is accurate. I like him and I was happy to see us sign him, he is very decent back up.

Not someone who is going to win us points.
He’s a level above Greegsy of this season therefore he’d be an upgrade. We haven’t got an unlimited budget to spend and that means prioritising the positions to spend money in. McLaughlin is good enough to be number one.

I’d be happy Andrew. Having Steven, Arfield & Jack around the dressing room, even if they can only play 50% of our matches each, can be very useful.

Steven had a real frustrating injuries run this season, so hopefully he has much better luck next season.

Giving Davis another deal would be sensible for me.

Ok he won’t play every game but Gio obviously still thinks he can contribute as he played him in both finals.

He’s also a terrific pro who will be a great influence on the playing squad much like defoe was.

I can’t argue with a word of that!

Would still rather they all stayed though.

My main beef is same as every transfer thread where we have people saying just pay this or give him that. When it comes to sales it’s always as long as we get a sell on clause and add ons.

The truth is that most of us on the thread and particularly those that post that nonsense have no idea about real world transfers and are basing their ideas on computer games. That’s what bogs down the transfer threads more than Ross Stewart, Lewis Ferguson or Maradona and Pele put together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back