The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The optimist in me is saying we’ve waited until we launched the kit so the raft of new lads can be wearing it at their unveiling.

As I type this I’m reminded of the time we announced Katic in a Hummel training top. Shivers.
The optimist in me says that when players do start to arrive the thread will become a bit more optimistic.

The realist in me says that it will probably make it even more of a miserable visit.

Must have dreamed one of the fan media podcasts getting laid into Wilson for being workshy (as is strongly rumoured) and well, just not convincing.

I'm not an avid listener or nout, but they clearly aren't shills. FFS, you had one of them claiming Barisic went off injured because he was shitting it to hit a penalty in the finals.
There were a few on here spouting that rubbish about Barisic too.

For many on here, the value of players ranges from the ridiculous to the insane. That's not Rangers' fault.
Agreed. Some of the figures thrown around are absolutely fucking wild.

What makes me laugh is when people start arguing and getting upset at others for "devaluing our players", as if what is said on a forum bears any significance to the reality of transfer fees agreed between two clubs.

real delusional shit.

“ITK” posts rumour
10 pages of chat
Rumour goes away
10 pages of not ITK chat
When does pre season start
Where is Ross Wilson
Review of previous transfer windows

Rinse and repeat
Forgot to mention when someone pops in every couple of pages to give a dead funny summary.
And also the classic "opens thread, see's *Insent relevant shite player name*, leaves thread"

The ones who retire early maybe stand out more?

For those 12 you mentioned there will be loads of guys who have played pro from 17/18 and gone on to have long careers relatively injury free
A lot of them certainly stick around like Andy Carroll or Aaron Lennon etc, but their careers really tail off from their peak at about 26-27, it’s interesting. Might honestly just be a case of cumulative miles on the body, more than age. Some of those names had been elite pros for a decade by the time they were 27. NFL players last something like 3 on average. Haha.

“ITK” posts rumour
10 pages of chat
Rumour goes away
10 pages of not ITK chat
When does pre season start
Where is Ross Wilson
Review of previous transfer windows

Rinse and repeat

It's serious shit.

Posters reputations on the line here.

FV_5AeEaMAAoz6d
lolza.jpg

Eh, excuse me! I posted a highly dubious stag do video of goldson which fluked into being correct. Nobody is taking my ITK blue verified tick away from me!

Update: i am still not actually itk and have no further information to offer other than my sources tell me we aren’t signing mbappe. Or bruce anderson.

Blue tick remains.
And you’ve talked about it every day on this board since

Im currently in the no news is good news camp. I reckon we are working hard to bring people in but could possibly be gearing up to go after some plan A's if Aribo and buff leave. Do we sign colak then morelos leaves and we could have used the money spent on him as part of a fee for a direct morelos replacement? Unfortunately its a waiting game just now, as shite as that is for us and this mental thread.

Im currently in the no news is good news camp. I reckon we are working hard to bring people in but could possibly be gearing up to go after some plan A's if Aribo and buff leave. Do we sign colak then morelos leaves and we could have used the money spent on him as part of a fee for a direct morelos replacement? Unfortunately its a waiting game just now, as shite as that is for us and this mental thread.

I dont think we'll let anyone go without an replacement being sorted first.

Colak is coming in as the Itten (and potentially Roofe) replacement. We've long needed someone who plays in a similar style to Alfredo, regardless of if he goes or not. No use Alfie getting injured and us having to change our entire playing style. We received €1.8mil for Itten and instantly went and bid that same amount for Colak

Colak is coming in as the Itten (and potentially Roofe) replacement. We've long needed someone who plays in a similar style to Alfredo, regardless of if he goes or not. No use Alfie getting injured and us having to change our entire playing style. We received €1.8mil for Itten and instantly went and bid that same amount for Colak
Replaces the hole left by Defoe if anything, experienced goal scorer in a team without too many goal scorers.

Next to no chance he is a Roofe replacement never mind Morelos though.

Sensible loyal

Now that the kit is officially launched we might see some signings at last. I’d suggest it will be the tail end of next week. We need to be patient players will be just back etc

Transfer thread turns into fan media bashing.

Announce a through the windows episode david

The fan media is excellent and I really enjoy how supportive they all are of each others projects.

David Edgar's guest appearance on a Rangers Review live broadcast from Seville was excellent and see Stevie from 4lads is on Rangers Review this evening.

They're all good lads and there's room for everyone. shout out to CJ Novo too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back