The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The step by step giude to the transfer thread.
From when you last looked.

1. Less than 20 posts nothing's happening.

2. More than 20 posts oh what's happening? I need to look.

3. More than 30-40 posts later I'm disgusted with myself for reading all that shite.

4. Start again tomorrow and repeat.

This thread is bat shit. Like a match thread on speed.
For the young team speed was before coke in Scotland. It was better
5, what I missed 20 pages? Better check that.
Still shite all about our current players and not a real transfer in sight!

The step by step giude to the transfer thread.
From when you last looked.

1. Less than 20 posts nothing's happening.

2. More than 20 posts oh what's happening? I need to look.

3. More than 30-40 posts later I'm disgusted with myself for reading all that shite.

4. Start again tomorrow and repeat.

This thread is bat shit. Like a match thread on speed.
For the young team speed was before coke in Scotland. It was better
Speed in the 90's. Used to go out with a bird from Manchester. The speed she had had me chewing my face off, for days.

It is when it’s a 4 year contract 4/5k a week and is genuinely pish

If he was ever decent maybe

But he wasn’t
I agree maybe the wages and contract length could have been better, but even that doesn't make the signing itself baffling.

It was low risk, high potential. If the chance ever comes around again to make a similar signing I hope we do it. I guarantee if we don't and they turn out to be a top player you'll be slaughtering the club for not signing him.

I do get that mate and I also get thr club no doubt seen potential there they could improve on but they were wrong to do so - he’s always been mince
Definitely didn't work out.

See Jones.. See Barker.. Middleton..

Too much probably gambled in hindsight, adding in Hastie, & all while never really replacing Candeias.

Then you think of the Sadiq loan..

The money was there.

Fucking close the academy, how does this always appear!

What a kneejerk reaction, and by the way, while we may not use every piece of talent from the academy, the academy has paid for itself multiple times over now.

Recently with Patterson.
My point is that people seem to be hesitant to put the players in the first team And want to spend money we simply do not have. The guy who drove the building of it showed the way by taking a young boy with ability but not the full package by any means and took a chance. Lowry for me is at exactly the same stage if not even more prepared. For the significant investment I would be expecting two players per year to be breaking through. I don’t think that’s unreasonable. PATTERSON’s sale has been brilliant, but we need this on a more regular basis because we are still skint!

Blows my mind that folk can remember what day players signed on
I bleached my hair the day Gaza signed, and from that day on its always stuck in my head for certain players.

Seb - I was convinced he was going to be better than Salas and Zamarano.

If only he didn’t celebrate scoring against st Johnstone

pmsl, genuinely baffles me people think like that

Robby McRorie
Tony Weston
Devine
Lowry
King
McCann
MacKinnon

Patterson - sold for 12 mill , Ross McRorie sold too.

ALL ACADEMY PRODUCTS........YET CLOSE THE ACADEMY

i geunienly dont know sometimes if people are trolling
I would suggest that even with the sale of Patterson the academy has certainly not paid for itself. The place will cost millions per year to run.

Why’s it one extreme or the other? He’s not saying that he’s only making the point he doesn’t think it’s paid for yet

Imo this is it’s best chance of paying for itself - that doesn’t mean if Lowry and King don’t make it you close it down, it just means it’s still not paid for itself

It’s not a radical thing he said

We need to test him. It’s as simple as that. Or close the academy.

Which clubs?

Not giving those cnuts the click
NOTTINGHAM FOREST have jumped to the head of the queue in the battle to sign Ibrox ace Joe Aribo.

The Premier League outfit will spend big to make sure they land him.

There has been interest from Fulham and Crystal Palace in the Rangersstar, while Aston Villa, managed by ex-Gers gaffer Steven Gerrard, have also been linked to the midfielder.

But after 23 years out of the top flight, billionaire Forest owner Evangelos Marinakis is determined to make sure they avoid heading back to the Championship.

The Greek shipping tycoon has sanctioned a club record £17million deal for Union Berlin striker Taiwo Awoniyi.

And he has now given boss Steve Cooper the green light to pursue his interest in Awoniyi’s Nigeria team-mate Aribo.

The Rangers midfielder is highly-rated by his national team and was named midfielder of the year at Nigerian football's annual "Ballers Awards".

He's made a name for himself in the Scottish Premiership, but his claim to fame in a Rangers shirt was when he scored the opening goal in the Europa League final against Eintracht Frankfurt last season.
And the Gers stand to make a significant profit on the 25-year-old, who was signed from Charlton for just £300,000 in 2019.
Aribo’s entering the final 12 months of his contract with representatives indicating the player is unlikely to sign a new deal.

Meanwhile, ex-Ibrox boss Gerrard is prepared to do battle with Sevilla for Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos.

The 26-year-old is in the final year of his contract at Ibrox and is one of eight Rangers players who could leave on a free and sign a pre-contract elsewhere in January.
Before going down with a season-ending injury, Morelos had scored 18 goals in 41 matches for the Light Blues in 2021/22.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/fabulous/9054975/mother-daughter-best-summer-outfits-suit-any-age/
And It's being reported that Gerrard wants to add Morelos to his Aston Villa side ahead of his first full season in charge at Villa Park
Estadio Deportivo are claiming the Villa gaffer has "put himself in Sevilla's path" over a deal.

Definitely didn't work out.

See Jones.. See Barker.. Middleton..

Too much probably gambled in hindsight, adding in Hastie, & all while never really replacing Candeias.

Then you think of the Sadiq loan..

The money was there.

Would say its a bit harsh on Middleton he done well when he was first given the opportunity. Messed it up for himself really when he went against Gerrard by not going to Breda on loan and choosing Hibs instead pretty much where it ended for him at us. Not sure St Johnstone was the right move for him either but suspect he will be gone in this window permanently.

Would say its a bit harsh on Middleton he done well when he was first given the opportunity. Messed it up for himself really when he went against Gerrard by not going to Breda on loan and choosing Hibs instead pretty much where it ended for him at us. Not sure St Johnstone was the right move for him either but suspect he will be gone in this window permanently.
Yeah fair points mate.. Definitely showed more with us than the others mentioned.

Feel sorry for Glen. Genuine Rangers supporter from a Rangers family . Played in the public parks about a mile from where I live in Northampton. Done well when he got his chance but was squeezed out.

Can’t see us getting anywhere near Aribo’s true market value if a release clause exists.

Also interesting to note that fan media are now pushing the line that he only cost £300k, conveniently omitting the signing on fee and agent fees that brought the deal closer to £2m.

Disappointment beckons methinks……

Can’t see us getting anywhere near Aribo’s true market value if a release clause exists.

Also interesting to note that fan media are now pushing the line that he only cost £300k, conveniently omitting the signing on fee and agent fees that brought the deal closer to £2m.

Every player gets a signing on fee, every agent gets paid in every deal. The fee between clubs is always what is quoted, nobody is pushing a line.

Other than that your glass seems half full!

Must be one of the few clubs that sign players on a free, that's fans try to add up what the deal came to in other fees .
Agent and player had to go for a shite during the deal process so add on the bogroll fees and the electricity used when they switched the bog light on

If it is 10m, the supposed release clause, and 3 clubs are after him then we will get the full 10m for him. That'd be 400% profit and 3 years fantastic service from a player with only a year left on his contract who could hang off and start talking to clubs in 6 months time if he really wanted to. How anyone can describe that as disappointing is beyond me.

If it is 10m, the supposed release clause, and 3 clubs are after him then we will get the full 10m for him. That'd be 400% profit and 3 years fantastic service from a player with only a year left on his contract who could hang off and start talking to clubs in 6 months time if he really wanted to. How anyone can describe that as disappointing is beyond me.
If it turns out to be £10m then I wouldn’t be disappointed with that. But why would Aribo have a such a high release clause in the first place?
Usually release clauses are inserted to protect the player and give him an out in the event that the club don’t want to sell at any price.

If it turns out to be £10m then I wouldn’t be disappointed with that. But why would Aribo have a such a high release clause in the first place?
Usually release clauses are inserted to protect the player and give him an out in the event that the club don’t want to sell at any price.
This one apparently only triggered when he entered the last year of his contract though, which I'd never heard of before. As for the price, given what we got him for, I've no idea, but he was very highly rated down south and we beat a number of clubs to his signature so may be related to that. If he entered his last year and hadn't been performing then it likely would never have been mentioned as noone would've paid it.

Honestly after not selling anyone in 10+ years for anything decent I think managing to get a few players out the door for anything over 10 million is a step in the right direction. No matter how much we wish they went for I think that’s good money.

@DerBerliner Abdoulaye Sissako we were apparently looking at on a free in April time as his contract was running out. Looks like he extended it as it now runs out in June 2024. Not suggesting he's removed from the list but doubt we'd be looking to pay a fee for him now if we could've signed him for free since January.

Honestly after not selling anyone in 10+ years for anything decent I think managing to get a few players out the door for anything over 10 million is a step in the right direction. No matter how much we wish they went for I think that’s good money.
We sold Nathan Patterson for £12m + addons a couple of years ago.

NOTTINGHAM FOREST have jumped to the head of the queue in the battle to sign Ibrox ace Joe Aribo.

The Premier League outfit will spend big to make sure they land him.

There has been interest from Fulham and Crystal Palace in the Rangersstar, while Aston Villa, managed by ex-Gers gaffer Steven Gerrard, have also been linked to the midfielder.

But after 23 years out of the top flight, billionaire Forest owner Evangelos Marinakis is determined to make sure they avoid heading back to the Championship.

The Greek shipping tycoon has sanctioned a club record £17million deal for Union Berlin striker Taiwo Awoniyi.

And he has now given boss Steve Cooper the green light to pursue his interest in Awoniyi’s Nigeria team-mate Aribo.

The Rangers midfielder is highly-rated by his national team and was named midfielder of the year at Nigerian football's annual "Ballers Awards".

He's made a name for himself in the Scottish Premiership, but his claim to fame in a Rangers shirt was when he scored the opening goal in the Europa League final against Eintracht Frankfurt last season.
And the Gers stand to make a significant profit on the 25-year-old, who was signed from Charlton for just £300,000 in 2019.
Aribo’s entering the final 12 months of his contract with representatives indicating the player is unlikely to sign a new deal.

Meanwhile, ex-Ibrox boss Gerrard is prepared to do battle with Sevilla for Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos.

The 26-year-old is in the final year of his contract at Ibrox and is one of eight Rangers players who could leave on a free and sign a pre-contract elsewhere in January.
Before going down with a season-ending injury, Morelos had scored 18 goals in 41 matches for the Light Blues in 2021/22.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/fabulous/9054975/mother-daughter-best-summer-outfits-suit-any-age/
And It's being reported that Gerrard wants to add Morelos to his Aston Villa side ahead of his first full season in charge at Villa Park
Estadio Deportivo are claiming the Villa gaffer has "put himself in Sevilla's path" over a deal.

Forest is a bit shit. Ok, Increased wages but a year fighting relegation. Then likely the Championship. I guess a player would hope to do well enough to convince an established EPL side to then sign them.

A Villa bid for Alfie as a squad member makes sense.

I think because he was highly rated and there was supposed interest from arsenal. We probably settled on a deal which met in the middle, if true

Forest is a bit shit. Ok, Increased wages but a year fighting relegation. Then likely the Championship. I guess a player would hope to do well enough to convince an established EPL side to then sign them.

A Villa bid for Alfie as a squad member makes sense.
Only owned by a Greek shipping tycoon, not even a 'Greek shipping magnate', Greek shipping tycoons are ten a penny fs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back