The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three "quality" signings in key positions still required, for me.

For me the immediate “panic” is for a striker that’s FIT got an eye for goal and come straight into the line up for these qualifiers

It’s the only position I’m worried about

Just can’t see Alfie or Roofe being up to speed for these crucial ties.

I get the impression we might be looking at Colak based on his summer success in previous qualifiers ?

They use their media as a source.

Actually think he will be a really good and smart signing. Look forward to seeing him in action
Yeah I think it's a sensible move.

Looks like a bit of flat track bully which I don't mean as an insult. Someone that can just gobble up the goals against the junk.

Whenever I watched them recently the big guy Rogic runs riot against all the crap teams and is anonymous against us, you need that in this league.

For me the immediate “panic” is for a striker that’s FIT got an eye for goal and come straight into the line up for these qualifiers

It’s the only position I’m worried about

Just can’t see Alfie or Roofe being up to speed for these crucial ties.

I get the impression we might be looking at Colak based on his summer success in previous qualifiers ?
Think we need goals from midfield , a Striker, as you point out, and a right sided attacker.

That's before any replacements we need to buy.

Just my take, of course.

500k for Middleton, £1.5 for Helander and £5m for Barisic are probably all unrealistic.
Tbf getting £1.5 million for Itten seemed pretty unrealistic. I know he did well before us, but he performed poorly here and out on loan. He's the kind of guy that would've gotten loaned out for years, then paid off before Wilson.

I still can't get over paying off Cardoso and then him joining a new team the next day.

Yeah I think it's a sensible move.

Looks like a bit of flat track bully which I don't mean as an insult. Someone that can just gobble up the goals against the junk.

Whenever I watched them recently the big guy Rogic runs riot against all the crap teams and is anonymous against us, you need that in this league.
We’ve lacked that for some time

10 pages since and last looked, and not a rumour in sight....
And.... how does that comment help? Your adding to the 'non rumour' chat so quit moaning

Nobody owes you a rumour, but if you want I can make a rumour up

Here we go,... I have a source who heard a rumour that we have bid for a striker who scored 3 in the CL last season

Happy now?!

This thread is mostly people moaning about the lack of rumour chat, which in itself is ironic

Was it not rumoured we paid him £200k to go (the two are not mutually exclusive, of course, but the pay-off sounds more likely).
That would be ridiculous if it were true, (i don't know if it is) Better business would be just to loan him out until his contract is up with his team paying his wages

Aye pointing out people are categorically wrong is greeting. I’d say hitting out with the same sheep like lines whilst applying no logic to the context of the stiaurom is more embarrassing and makes you look a bit of a fud, but hey ho, crack on
I've obviously upset you. Think you need to go calm down .

I remember you now. You were one of the ones defending a journalist from the BBC. That tells me all that I need to know about you.
Pretty sure you got laughed at, not only that humiliated yourself further by crying to a well known poster desperately looking for validation.

If anyone is embarrassing themselves then it's you.

That would be ridiculous if it were true, (i don't know if it is) Better business would be just to loan him out until his contract is up with his team paying his wages
I doubt Hartlepool pay enough to cover his wages. He had a year to go. I suspect the £200k figure will be a compromise with him accepting less than his salary entitled him to.

Last edited:
And.... how does that comment help? Your adding to the 'non rumour' chat so quit moaning

Nobody owes you a rumour, but if you want I can make a rumour up

Here we go,... I have a source who heard a rumour that we have bid for a striker who scored 3 in the CL last season

Happy now?!

This thread is mostly people moaning about the lack of rumour chat, which in itself is ironic
And the rest from the people moaning about people moaning.
Irony indeed! :))

If that was his whole contract, it would have been cheaper to pay his wages every week then let him leave for free. Inflation and that.
I imagine his new club paid something. Surely.

I rewatched some YouTube videos today. The one thing that stood out was Kent after the Leipzig game, just standing staring in awe at the broomloan.

They should show him that footage during any contract negotiations, asking him if he'll get that feeling whilst playing for some EPL mid table team for an extra few bob.

His reaction gives me hope that he'll stay and sign a new deal.

Maybe that's what the £200k worked out to. Like 70-80% of his wage.

He had like 50 weeks left in his contract. That would be £4k a week.

Remember this was the Mark Allen era he was signed. While Allen was great at many aspects of his job, negotiations weren't his strong suit. We gave ridiculous wages and long term deals to players undeserving of the money. Barker was like 10k a week, Jones similar.

Tbh I have no idea what his wage was here. Just a guess that it will be a percentage. I doubt we would release a guy a year early and pay his full wage. We'd probably make Hastie an offer, if he rejects it. We'd try and loan him out for a percentage of his wage.

If that was his whole contract, it would have been cheaper to pay his wages every week then let him leave for free. Inflation and that.
I imagine his new club paid something. Surely.

It represents roughly £2k per week, so frightening to think he was on more than that if we paid him off to save a few bob.

Čolak is probably one of these strikers that given opportunities will hit 20 + a season.

5/10 assists added to that. A hand in 25+ goals a season.

Not just a penalty box striker as his heat maps show and it seems he’s got a bit about him too - hold up play, strength, aerial prowess plus he’s built like a brick shit house and is supposedly extremely hard working in training.

One of these players who are reaching 28/29 and finally getting their big move. Realise the opportunity and grasp it. Likes a celebration too from what I’ve read. Right up for it.

Will be interesting if he does sign is we hear from our man Dado on Čolak?

And the rest from the people moaning about people moaning.
Irony indeed! :))
Mmmm.... not really

I don't come on here and moan about the lack of rumours

I enjoy the madness of it all, including non rumour chat, like the post you sent me... so... you know... no irony there

But people who come on and post moan about the lack of rumours is ironic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back