The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that was his whole contract, it would have been cheaper to pay his wages every week then let him leave for free. Inflation and that.
I imagine his new club paid something. Surely.
Or even loan him out and pay a part of his wages. surely that would come to less than 200k?

At the end of the day its all speculation and rumors

There is interest in some of our key players. We will be trying to maximise value for some of them and be more passive on those with longer contracts like Kamara. If we get a big offer for him or Bassey, fine. Otherwise, we don’t need to panic yet there.

I have no doubt we are planning what to do with proceeds as and when deals are done. It makes zero sense going out to sign up loads of players until we know where we are with Aribo, Morelos, Kent, etc. We should have some higher value targets that we can move on once we see players going out.

That said, you’d expect one or two in over the next while to replace the departed players - which is why the Colak link makes sense. We will see players in and out, no-one should be fretting.

I've obviously upset you. Think you need to go calm down .

I remember you now. You were one of the ones defending a journalist from the BBC. That tells me all that I need to know about you.
Pretty sure you got laughed at, not only that humiliated yourself further by crying to a well known poster desperately looking for validation.

If anyone is embarrassing themselves then it's you.
The classic FF cycle of someone apparnelty being upset and greeting. Then making a point = defending. Each to their own mate, let’s not argue here, WATP.

Dallinga is far too much of a punt at £4 million and I don't think we're even in for him anyway. Would want us to see how he gets on in his first 6 months of the top flight if we were actually considering him. That league is probably easier to score in than the Scottish Championship. A lot of his goals were against the likes of PSV, Ajax, Utretcht and Alkmaar U21 teams.

Dallinga is far too much of a punt at £4 million and I don't think we're even in for him anyway. Would want us to see how he gets on in his first 6 months of the top flight if we were actually considering him. That league is probably easier to score in than the Scottish Championship. A lot of his goals were against the likes of PSV, Ajax, Utretcht and Alkmaar U21 teams.
Not a chance that fee in the media will be what they're asking for.

They got the top scorer in the league above his for just over 2m didn't they?

It will be a similar fee IMO.

We
the £2-3m bracket is equally as risky and doesn’t term to work out for us either ..

Who was the guy who said bale then doubled down by saying “we will be revisiting this post”

Lets find him, bales is going to the states

Who were these £15m plus bids from? Know Lille we’re linked with Morelos but did a bid actually ever get made? Also im sure that it was reported in the €16m range (just under £14m) and we don’t know the details of that offer. Could have been €8m up front and the rest on performance. I’m sure most would have been disappointed to lose Morelos for that kind of money.

4? Who’s the other?
99% of this forum wanted lille to do one, as for the other bids quoted. Nothing more than gossip on here. All we heard was leeds were interested for kent, no bid was made whatsoever, never mind 15 mill.

The rumours are not worth the abuse mate :pB-)

Seriously though, a lot going on behind the scenes but not heard anything new since Dallinga.

Excelsior want €2.5m for him. Unknown club have bid €2m already which was rejected.

Do you actually have good sources? Have you PM'd them to an admin? Can anyone vouch for you?

This isn't a rumour it's just a thought! James Rodriguez.. getting bored in Qatar and I think he wants some European football too. I wonder if Rangers would consider and if the feeling would be mutual? The weather might put him off though

From the wee bits I’ve seen that league seems to have better technique than ours, sometimes you need to judge the player rather than where he plays, I think we should go all out to get this guy if he’s in our price range

Not a chance that fee in the media will be what they're asking for.

They got the top scorer in the league above his for just over 2m didn't they?

It will be a similar fee IMO.
Remember the 6 to 8 million for Cassiera?
Zenit psying somewhete between £1 million to £4million and probably closer to the £1 million.

Just more tadgers in the media playing fifa 22.

Nice deflection? Why would I explain myself and waste energy on someone who just replies to anything with “stop greeting” or “your upset”.
You already have by responding to everything I have posted. Must have been all of that erse licking of a certain poster the other day that's tired you out.

He wont be with Excelsior at the start of the season.

The issue we have is say £4m / £5m for a player is absolute chicken feed at the level we want to be competing at. Those fees are the new £1m in our heads if that’s makes sense - the market has moved upwards.

If we can’t afford those average fees now then fair enough. But we can’t continue to over achieve in Europe every season so people are in for a shock. We already got one domestically last season.

Don't think we're in for him but that is the risk we need to weigh up.

If he goes into the top league and catches fire then we've basically fucked it, his price will go to a level we just cannot afford.

He wont be with Excelsior at the start of the season.
Exactly, if he does well with the new team he goes to, then he’ll be out of our price range, we need to take a wee gamble at the prices we shop at, and I’d hope Gio would know a lot more about this guy than we do

The issue we have is say £4m / £5m for a player is absolute chicken feed at the level we want to be competing at. Those fees are the new £1m in our heads if that’s makes sense - the market has moved upwards.

If we can’t afford those average fees now then fair enough. But we can’t continue to over achieve in Europe every season so people are in for a shock. We already got one domestically last season.
Yep, we can't afford to compete financially with teams far worse than us.

We need to make this player trading thing work, and become a bit of a Benfica or Porto.

We're a long way from that now.

Exactly, if he does well with the new team he goes to, then he’ll be out of our price range, we need to take a wee gamble at the prices we shop at, and I’d hope Gio would know a lot more about this guy than we do
exactly not just gio's opinion you have roy makaay one of the best strikers about in his day giving his say

Yep, we can't afford to compete financially with teams far worse than us.

We need to make this player trading thing work, and become a bit of a Benfica or Porto.

We're a long way from that now.
We've done the first bit of it well.

The level of player we've recruited for not very much at all is exceptional business, despite all the criticism on here about the overall recruitment.

Morelos, Aribo and Kamara for a combined £1,350,000 (ish) is outstanding.

exactly not just gio's opinion you have roy makaay one of the best strikers about in his day giving his say
If there’s any truth in the rumour then I hope we go all out for him, he’s this seasons Ivan Toney:))
Plus we need players with good technique if we want to improve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back