The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone considered that we might not actually do anything much more in the transfer window and just promote Lowry and King to replace Ramsey and Balogun effectively (with Souttar already in as well)?

This thread will be amazing if that's the case!

If we can't strengthen after coming off the back of a European final and a record turnover then I dread what would happen after a Viktoria Zizkov type result in the coming years.

We've asked the same core of players to go to the well for several years now and it's time to freshen things up in a few positions.

Can't see GVB hanging around either if we don't give him much money after what he achieved in Europe.

If we can't strengthen after coming off the back of a European final and a record turnover then I dread what would happen after a Viktoria Zizkov type result in the coming years.

We've asked the same core of players to go to the well for several years now and it's time to freshen things up in a few positions.

Can't see GVB hanging around either if we don't give him much money after what he achieved in Europe.

Correct. Yes, the additional money earned won’t all be pumped back in to the club for transfers but now is the time when the players stock is high due to our euro run but also the clubs. Players who might not have fancied Scotland before, might just do so now knowing they can get their name in lights and onto a better league

He signed for PSV in January and is probably worth double now.
I don’t see why he would post that. Strange.

People are losing their minds for no reason. We’ve got a good team that reached a European final and won the Scottish cup. No need for panic.

We should be trying to sign Tom Lawrence, quality player on a free transfer

He made a mistake, a rather big one but he’s shone for Derby in a shit show of a season. He’ll scores goals as well as making them.

Only issue I can see due to him playing left side for the most part but I see no reason why Kent wouldn’t be as effective on the other side of the pitch

Rangers transfer windows are absolutely pish for the support these days!!! Can we not campaign to just not have them anymore!!:rolleyes:;)

I don’t see why he would post that. Strange.

People are losing their minds for no reason. We’ve got a good team that reached a European final and won the Scottish cup. No need for panic.

I don't think he believed anyone would be daft enough to take it seriously.

Yes we reached a European final and won a cup, but it's a team that also failed to win the league and has shat the bed after the Christmas break numerous times.

We badly need some help for the team.

I remember being buzzing summers ago when we had Pedro as new manager and we announced Alves, Herrera, Pena, Dalcio and the likes over a couple of weeks.

Does that not tell you how much of a good place we are in? We dont need an overhaul. A few signings will be announced soon & remember as it stands we currently have a back 4 of Tav, Goldson, Souttar & Bassey.

I remember being buzzing summers ago when we had Pedro as new manager and we announced Alves, Herrera, Pena, Dalcio and the likes over a couple of weeks.

Does that not tell you how much of a good place we are in? We dont need an overhaul. A few signings will be announced soon & remember as it stands we currently have a back 4 of Tav, Goldson, Souttar & Bassey.
Think this is a fair point.

We got used to the buzz of signing 10 players every summer but as much fun as it was, it was a sign of how much of a shambles we were at the time.

That level of activity wasn’t normal.

What was your feelings on lundstram you one of the taxi drivers ?

it was a joke mate based on the interchangeable sounds of both coup and coo.

I don’t tend to live in a state of perma rage, so don’t curtail my posts for any delicate souls who do.

I have no idea what taxi drivers have to do with anything thats posted here.

This place stinks. There must be a dozen accounts on the go at any one time that are operated by multiple people posting in shifts to get the count up and sow doubt, confusion and absolute unadulterated lies just to wind the general population in here up.

I hope nobody believes that a rake of new members regularly join, then starts rattling up 20 posts a day, every day.

This thread is like a light bulb for those moths :))

Harry Winks at Rangers? Please no. He won't cope here and likely struggle the way Ramsey did. Doubt it would happen anyway just another rumour.

Everton-bound is he not? Was certainly rumoured Lampard was looking at him.

He‘d have no problem getting an EPL side and more money than we could pay him, it’s an absolute non-starter.

This place stinks. There must be a dozen accounts on the go at any one time that are operated by multiple people posting in shifts to get the count up and sow doubt, confusion and absolute unadulterated lies just to wind the general population in here up.

I hope nobody believes that a rake of new members regularly join, then starts rattling up 20 posts a day, every day.

This thread is like a light bulb for those moths :))
You'll get the "report them then" replies, but where the fùck do you start? B-D

Calm down man, it isn't that deep. Maybe some people, like myself enjoy discussing things that's all. Clearly will have zero affect on what the board choose to do or not to do. I doubt they have the time to sit here reading this shit. I can't see Gio sitting with his tea telling his Mrs that we might have had a shout at Suarez if River Plate didn't step in.

I’m gonna put a suggestion of a player I liked that played for that shower of poo from Prague.

Lukas Provod. I liked him a lot…huge energy & good left foot with with an eye for goal. I think he would bring our midfield another level.

Going by his stats I don’t think he played much last season. Maybe he was injured.

Since Goldson has renewed I reckon we only need 2 players in.

Striker and more importantly a goal scoring midfielder. Neither will be cheap or easy to get.

No wish to be drawn into this but, I’ll say the following

Really disappointed in the criticism of fan media

After the debacle of Australia fan media were direct & straight to the club for the whole mess. Anyone who thinks they sit and say nothing is wrong. Part of that criticism to the club was the fact they didn’t warn the fans or speak to Fan Media, perhaps then the club would have known what a dreadful idea it was (they should have known anyway) Use the fan media and those closest was hammered to them.

Fast forward to now. Seems almost obvious to me that the club have ‘hat tipped’ the possibility that Aribo may be leaving/close whatever. Now that nod has been made and we have been warned he might go.

Only my opinion but that’s what’s happened here

People might not agree with the above either. I’ve been close to fan media for few years, not a partner like others granted, and I’ve slated the club, board etc as have others, not once have Rangers asked me or told me what to say or do.

I’ve saw fan media and individuals go after the club also

We are all frustrated no signings are here, I get that, patience is required.

Fan media isn’t the target, especially the guys that are being mentioned. All Rangers fans trying to do their best
I think it's frustration more than anything and a recognition that we saw the same last year.

Players who should have gone given new contracts. A lack of movement. Clear signing options for problem areas ending up at the other side of the city.

Say what you want about our European run last season, but we were one goal to the good in a final, we didn't defend it and the two people at fault for the goal were given new contracts and an expectation that they will remain in the first eleven. That is where the unease is coming from.

On the macro level, we were promised a "player trading" model with homegrown talents coming to the forefront as talents with medals go to better pastures. That has not happened at all and it's not like these lads are not ready. On the micro level it's worse, McCrorie had a clean sheet against them last season. McGregor cost us the points that lost the league, specifically against them but there are far more egregious examples.

We have a group of youngsters that can go to Tynecastle and stroll it, but we know that Goldson & McGregor will play the role of chuckle brothers at the back for the next year and we'll drop points at Tynecastle because of it.

It's hard to have patience when one thing is said and the complete opposite is happening.

I’m gonna put a suggestion of a player I liked that played for that shower of poo from Prague.

Lukas Provod. I liked him a lot…huge energy & good left foot with with an eye for goal. I think he would bring our midfield another level.

Going by his stats I don’t think he played much last season. Maybe he was injured.
If he hadn't gotten injured before the EURO's his profile would have exploded. A 6'2 winger converted into a CM that just powered past everyone. I have no idea what's happening with him now, but I have no desire to deal with Slavia Prague.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back