The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's frustration more than anything and a recognition that we saw the same last year.

Players who should have gone given new contracts. A lack of movement. Clear signing options for problem areas ending up at the other side of the city.

Say what you want about our European run last season, but we were one goal to the good in a final, we didn't defend it and the two people at fault for the goal were given new contracts and an expectation that they will remain in the first eleven. That is where the unease is coming from.

On the macro level, we were promised a "player trading" model with homegrown talents coming to the forefront as talents with medals go to better pastures. That has not happened at all and it's not like these lads are not ready. On the micro level it's worse, McCrorie had a clean sheet against them last season. McGregor cost us the points that lost the league, specifically against them but there are far more egregious examples.

We have a group of youngsters that can go to Tynecastle and stroll it, but we know that Goldson & McGregor will play the role of chuckle brothers at the back for the next year and we'll drop points at Tynecastle because of it.

It's hard to have patience when one thing is said and the complete opposite is happening.
Goldson being labelled a chuckle brother! FFS he’s been a constant player in the team for seasons and has been in the most part outstanding, yeah he’s made some errors in games as every player does but to label him that is just completely disrespectful to his commitment to Rangers.

If he hadn't gotten injured before the EURO's his profile would have exploded. A 6'2 winger converted into a CM that just powered past everyone. I have no idea what's happening with him now, but I have no desire to deal with Slavia Prague.
Yeah serious player from what I seen.

Make of this what you will, but I have it on good authority - multiple reliable sources, and one at the club - that Rooney is interested in taking on a player/striking coach role...At another club.

Coming onto this thread is like doing acid in the jungle...you see lots of crazy shit, it makes you excited, nervous and downright terrified all at the same time, and then when you come out of it, you can't remember anything you've seen and whether it was real or a fever dream. Every day.

When should we start worrying about lack of movement?

Tom Lawrence wouldn't be a bad signing in all honesty. Not a name that gets the pulse racing and his behaviour can be a bit problematic.

If he hadn't have blootered, Tav? Or was it a youth player? In that friendly a few years ago, I reckon most folk would have very few objections. We had folk wanting us to sign Hedges from Aberdeen a while back, Lawrence is a much better player.
He’s a better player but was wildly inconsistent for Derby across his spell at the club. Had a decent last season though in very difficult circumstances. I’d hope we were looking a bit higher if I’m being honest but can see the logic in bringing him in on a bowman assuming his wages weren’t astronomical(believe he was on £20k+ at Derby).

I think it's frustration more than anything and a recognition that we saw the same last year.

Players who should have gone given new contracts. A lack of movement. Clear signing options for problem areas ending up at the other side of the city.

Say what you want about our European run last season, but we were one goal to the good in a final, we didn't defend it and the two people at fault for the goal were given new contracts and an expectation that they will remain in the first eleven. That is where the unease is coming from.

On the macro level, we were promised a "player trading" model with homegrown talents coming to the forefront as talents with medals go to better pastures. That has not happened at all and it's not like these lads are not ready. On the micro level it's worse, McCrorie had a clean sheet against them last season. McGregor cost us the points that lost the league, specifically against them but there are far more egregious examples.

We have a group of youngsters that can go to Tynecastle and stroll it, but we know that Goldson & McGregor will play the role of chuckle brothers at the back for the next year and we'll drop points at Tynecastle because of it.

It's hard to have patience when one thing is said and the complete opposite is happening.
I agree on the player trading model. It's becoming a bit of an issue that the club perpetuates that this is a policy when it simply does not happen, it's a total myth that any such model is in place.

Completely disagree about Goldson. And also, the game at Tynecastle was borderline testimonial stuff, not at all comparable to a normal fixture there.

Since Goldson has renewed I reckon we only need 2 players in.

Striker and more importantly a goal scoring midfielder. Neither will be cheap or easy to get.

Really?

Only 2 players into a squad that lost the league against a rejuvenated Celtic side and didn't exactly have a great winning record domestically in the last 3/4 years?

Goldson being labelled a chuckle brother! FFS he’s been a constant player in the team for seasons and has been in the most part outstanding, yeah he’s made some errors in games as every player does but to label him that is just completely disrespectful to his commitment to Rangers.
I do not rate him at all, his mistakes in key games are always costly and he was eminently replaceable.

"He talks a lot during games". Yeah, he also passes to the opposition strikers a lot, can't cut out a single low cross and gets to be a liability for the next 4 years whilst everyone says "how grateful" we should be because he chose to stay.

I'll break out the champagne. Time for a celebration.

I do not rate him at all, his mistakes in key games are always costly and he was eminently replaceable.

"He talks a lot during games". Yeah, he also passes to the opposition strikers a lot, can't cut out a single low cross and gets to be a liability for the next 4 years whilst everyone says "how grateful" we should be because he chose to stay.

Quite possibly the worst thing I've read on this thread so far and it has been littered with absolute dung every page.

I think we will all be able to look back on this post as when the thread hit peak lunacy. It has to get better from here.

Sorry
Who have Celtic actually signed that we should’ve?

What was the case for keeping him, seriously?

We had his replacement signed.

This club has a serious fucking issue with letting people go.
He is more often than not an absolute rock for us, he completely organises the defence, he is one of the best passing CB's you are likely to find in our budget and has the stats to back it up, the man is an absolute freak of nature fitness-wise.

He does make errors, so did Baresi. He more than makes up for them though and if you can't see that by now you never will because you refuse to change your opinion on him. We didn't lose the league last season because of Goldson, we lost it because of McGregor's constant mistakes and our absolutely woeful finishing.

I’m gonna put a suggestion of a player I liked that played for that shower of poo from Prague.

Lukas Provod. I liked him a lot…huge energy & good left foot with with an eye for goal. I think he would bring our midfield another level.

Going by his stats I don’t think he played much last season. Maybe he was injured.

A suggestion to who??

What was the case for keeping him, seriously?

We had his replacement signed.

This club has a serious fucking issue with letting people go.
He’s been a mainstay in his full time with us

He’s our best centre half

Souttar will be lucky to play 5 games in a row and you think he was a replacement for a guy that’s never injured?

Souttar will be fighting for the spot beside Goldson if he can remain injury free which is a big IF

Incredible take on Goldson tbh

Your not very into football are you!

If I was to reply what I really wanted to say I would cop a ban

Phuckin hell. Where to start with this?

Wow

"The Chuckle Brothers" where do we start wi this shite? In Most peoples opinions Shaggers time might be up but he is a legend of the club.

Yes Goldson makes the odd mistake like most but he is the best centre half in this country and a leader at our club.

The last game at Tynecastle was an end of season bounce game.

Comments like that make me very suspicious.

Well that is one pile of utter pish I have just wasted some of my life reading.

Jesus, ignore list you go, clueless crackpot.

No wish to be drawn into this but, I’ll say the following

Really disappointed in the criticism of fan media

After the debacle of Australia fan media were direct & straight to the club for the whole mess. Anyone who thinks they sit and say nothing is wrong. Part of that criticism to the club was the fact they didn’t warn the fans or speak to Fan Media, perhaps then the club would have known what a dreadful idea it was (they should have known anyway) Use the fan media and those closest was hammered to them.

Fast forward to now. Seems almost obvious to me that the club have ‘hat tipped’ the possibility that Aribo may be leaving/close whatever. Now that nod has been made and we have been warned he might go.

Only my opinion but that’s what’s happened here

People might not agree with the above either. I’ve been close to fan media for few years, not a partner like others granted, and I’ve slated the club, board etc as have others, not once have Rangers asked me or told me what to say or do.

I’ve saw fan media and individuals go after the club also

We are all frustrated no signings are here, I get that, patience is required.

Fan media isn’t the target, especially the guys that are being mentioned. All Rangers fans trying to do their best
I'd take the comments against fan media with a pinch of salt. I honestly think you (and other fan media) have just got got stuck in the crossfire in a thread with many frustrations being vented.

I think the majority of people on here appreciate the fan media. Especially in a time where we struggled to trust main stream media. Even if there are times we have differing opinions.

And even though fan media does occasionally challenge the club (and rightly so), it's also understandable that they choose when, and how, to do so; and why they would be mindful about maintaining an amicable relationship.

In all fairness, I think most of us would have been prepared for someone like Aribo leaving. We didn't need the club trying to use fan media as a platform to prepare us for that. And if/when it happens we will have opinions on the deal being good/bad regardless. The preparing us suggests it may be a bad deal, so people already be sharing that opinion. And maybe wanting to see fan media criticise what they think may be a bad deal, when that time comes.

If I recall, you’re also the poster who commented that you’ve never liked Tav - this was after Seville.

Our team might not be for you.

Since Goldson has renewed I reckon we only need 2 players in.

Striker and more importantly a goal scoring midfielder. Neither will be cheap or easy to get.
Id say we need 4-5.
A striker ot two, to replace Itten and be fitter than Roofe. A right sided forward, which could be a striker as well.
A scoring midfielder as you say, but maybe well need another midfielder depending on Jacks fitness.
Definetly another more realible defender to partner Goldson.

Mr Hysterical would be more apt.

I’ll take this one on the chin. There was some very confident murmurs from pretty reliable people.
I put my hands up and take the grief for it though, I’m a big boy, I can take it.

Same folk now discussing Solbakken, but we will see.
Will we come back to this post again?

Yes we will

Reactions: CF4
If he hadn't gotten injured before the EURO's his profile would have exploded. A 6'2 winger converted into a CM that just powered past everyone. I have no idea what's happening with him now, but I have no desire to deal with Slavia Prague.
To be honest, Provod is among the best players I’ve ever watched against us. He was an absolute powerhouse and dominated the entire pitch at times. His club is full of absolute knobs, but he’s a baller of the highest order.

Make of this what you will, but I have it on good authority - multiple reliable sources, and one at the club - that Rooney is interested in taking on a player/striking coach role...At another club.

Coming onto this thread is like doing acid in the jungle...you see lots of crazy shit, it makes you excited, nervous and downright terrified all at the same time, and then when you come out of it, you can't remember anything you've seen and whether it was real or a fever dream. Every day.

When should we start worrying about lack of movement?
Rooney would need to lose a good stone or 2 to play again.

Not impossible but can’t see him ever slimming down again.

Phuckin hell. Where to start with this?
Every day I come into this thread in the hope something positive has happened regarding us bringing players in.

Every day I’m disappointed, but absolutely amazed at the level of shite being posted.

Don’t start anywhere with it mate, it fits right in, this place is fucking bonkers!

Please Rangers sign some c.unt, any c.unt,don’t give a f.uck who it is, if you are reading this thread Rangers you will know what we are going through, sign an absolute TIT, we don’t care!

There's some real prospects out there it's just a matter of the scouts and management team to cast the net out wider. There's good players that could be had either cheap or free transfer etc either in Africa or the Middle East. We've had some good players from the likes of Tunisia etc. Mohsni was a good player and I for one loved watching him. Need to get back to that. Off the top of my head there is that player Sasi who's a Tunisian international. Must be about 30 now had a good world cup last time round. These guys aren't playing in Europe but still competitive football in their countries man. I don't get why it's so hard for a club like Rangers. There must be money in the bank to spend now

Dear oh dear; laughable.

Really?

Only 2 players into a squad that lost the league against a rejuvenated Celtic side and didn't exactly have a great winning record domestically in the last 3/4 years?

0_JS178702676.jpg

File this under total pish. Thanks.

Worry for me this window is the players with 12months left on their deals. We need their situations sorted asap to allow us to plan properly. If they aren’t signing new deals we need to move them on early in this window to allow for new recruits to come in.

Selling at the end of the window & not being able to adequately replace would be catastrophic to our season. But we cannot be letting them walk away for free next year

Must’ve been a heavy Saturday night

If we were targetting players I've been impressed with against us who would possibly be interested in joining us, Provod, Katai and Ivanic would be my top 3. We could probably buy them with any funds raised from Aribo, and Katai would score shitloads in Scotland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back