The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be late to the party but has any mention been made to the no 9 from Bodo/glimt that put in a good show against them in the Europa conf. ? Solbakken I think?

Thought he looked good and wouldn’t cost a fortune?

I think Lowrey will play mostly out wider until he bulks up a bit. He has the potential to be fantastic and he’s one I’m most excited to see progress.

My hope for this window is just quality over quantity. We need this league.
Plays off the left for the youth team would mean Kent switching sides which I think would benefit him Lowry Aribo and Kent behind Morelos would be excellent despite how unlikely it seems now

I don't think we are, this boy has potential to be a fantastic footballer. If you want to play at that top level you need to have the skill but as well as that you need to have the arrogance and belief to match that skill because how's you make it at top clubs instead of a mid table or relegation struggling team.

He won't make it at a top club, until he improves the defensive side of his game.
Probably the only reason Gio hasn't trusted him against quality opposition yet.

However, I'm sure Lowry and the coaching team will be working to improve that.

It's his achilles heel and probably his only weakness.

He can be the full package.

I don’t see why they’d be inclined to send him back given how little he featured.

And given how he was largely underwhelming, inspite of some revisionist views on here in dead rubber May games, I don’t see why we’d be inclined to want him back
No idea if Amad is likely to return or not. However, it would be easier for him to bed if signing in this window than last.

Pre-season fixtures, league Cup ties early in the season would give him game we couldn't afford to do last season, especially after the game at The Chamber.

Aberdeen paying us £2m plus us giving them Middleton and Simpson wouldnt be realistic.

Swap deal with Simpson maybe of value to them
I’d like to see Simpson loaned to SPL team to get a full season of games and see if he’s any good or not. Hardly played any football his entire career so season playing may see if he’s of any value or not.

I may be late to the party but has any mention been made to the no 9 from Bodo/glimt that put in a good show against them in the Europa conf. ? Solbakken I think?

Thought he looked good and wouldn’t cost a fortune?
That's how to beat them quick mobile forwards that's the type we have to be looking at.

Don't recall the figures, I think it was being spoken about on SSB.

They did also mention though that they've had Asian players over the years so already had a base selling point.

But anything that continues our growth and retail sales helps.

Obviously first and foremost you want a good footballer, but there are bonuses if that player already had a cult following, or are highly thought of in certain countries etc.

Countries that really support and back individuals and buy their merch whatever team they go to, are key as well.

You don't recall the figures as they don't exist. You've fallen for the narrative Celtic wanted to paint and fed to SSB. The idea of it is widely debunked here

You joke, but you'd probably get more money doing well on tiktok than you do for winning the Scottish Prem.

Brand exposure and growth comes into it when signing players, if you think it doesn't, give yer head a wobble.
With your theory about signing players for the benefit of brand exposure, I’d be surprised if you’re not going like a bobblehead.

I’d like to see Simpson loaned to SPL team to get a full season of games and see if he’s any good or not. Hardly played any football his entire career so season playing may see if he’s of any value or not.
Im not being serious, was more joking at people wanting to sign Ferguson.

If it wasnt for his surname no one would care.

Also Simpson doesnt need a loan at an SPL club to tell us if he is good or not. We already know that and needs moved on as soon as possible.

In respect of Souttar I hope you are right, because that would mean his injury issues being behind him. Personally i just don’t see it being the case. Only time will tell.
He won't make it at a top club, until he improves the defensive side of his game.
Probably the only reason Gio hasn't trusted him against quality opposition yet.

However, I'm sure Lowry and the coaching team will be working to improve that.

It's his achilles heel and probably his only weakness.

He can be the full package.

Are we still fucking around over the Kolak signing? That should have been done and dusted.
I think it's coca colak were signing.

Nobody has mentioned Lewis Ferguson in any context for a while so let's sort that out.

Alex Rae thinks Lewis Ferguson would be a good replacement for Joe Aribo...
Not Ferguson again! Not good enough for Rangers. What would he bring that we dont have?

As an attacking mid possibly yes but he will never replace Aribo’s versatility in the squad
It is a bit early to say that.
I agree that until he has gained more experience, he will find it more appropriate to play further forward, but with experience, I have few doubts that he could eventually take a more responsible and deeper role.
However, we will need to see how he develops.
If he does his best work in the last third, carrying a goal threat without too many defensive duties, then that is good enough.

Sky 403 just now old firm classics. Last year old firm at Ibrox 1-0 with mcgregor outstanding and Shane duffy comic cuts defending. Worth a watch for those on this thread awaiting transfer news! Mcgregor has been amazing his save from griffiths world class

Probably not but at the moment he’s doing nothing as won’t play and no one will buy. Loan him and then hopefully it’ll create interest or at worst we realise we just need to pay him off.

I think we’ll just need to pay him off at some point. He’s not suited to this league. St Johnstone forwards are ragdolling him

No as that makes sense. Your post didn't

My post made perfect sense.

Diallo hasn’t shown enough to be someone we should be that interested in bringing back based on a few fleeting appearances at the end of the season.

You, in your confrontational manner, chose to take that as some sort of slight on how we should interpret the performances of our own youngsters in those games.

It’s a bit of a silly comparison really. Guys like Lowry are our players. Diallo isnt

Lewis Ferguson for £2 million would be a great signing
Yeah i certainly think he would do well for us, part of the national squad, knows the league, good passer gets some goals even headers which we badly need, quite physical can get stuck in when its a scrap. Not exciting but seems a fair price.

If Rangers were to bid it would put Aberdeen in a difficult position as no doubt he would be desperate to move here.

My post made perfect sense.

Diallo hasn’t shown enough to be someone we should be that interested in bringing back based on a few fleeting appearances at the end of the season.

You, in your confrontational manner, chose to take that as some sort of slight on how we should interpret the performances of our own youngsters in those games.

It’s a bit of a silly comparison really. Guys like Lowry are our players. Diallo isnt
So because a player isn't our we don't bring them in evening they have shown the same level of performance as players that we already have? Ok mate.

So because a player isn't our we don't bring them in evening they have shown the same level of performance as players that we already have? Ok mate.

For one I don’t think Diallo has shown the “same level” of performance as Lowry, for example. His moments have been more fleeting, and that’s with plenty more opportunities than the former.

Secondly, that’s correct - you work with and develop your own youngsters on the off chance some of them will make it to the first team.

You bring in loan players to make an immediate impact on the first team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back