The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simpson turns 26 in December and has made 48 career appearances so far — quite a number of them from the bench or in the cups.

The word pathetic is thrown around a lot on here, but come on.
Probably go his entire career playing less than 200 games and he won’t give a toss.

Collect the bag and retire.

Surely young Lowry can fill the Aribo role in the team?
He drifts about a fair bit and keeps posession. Far better passer than jo but doesn't have anything like his physical presence atm. Jo is a decent player defending our box also. But on passing Jo fannys about too much whereas young Lowry sees it instantly and delivers. But your right in one respect I don't think both in the same team would be a good idea without strengthening up top so they perform similar positional roles (floating) to different effect.

Jo is away obviously but don't think Lowry's ready to take on the full role just yet. Be interesting to see him and Hagi together. But again it's up front as a striker we appear to have the developing problem.

He played 36 games for club and country last season which isn’t too bad for someone who isn’t over his ‘injury issues’
It’s not great either is it? 36 games? He had three spells out. To be a mainstay in our team he needs to be able to play 60 a season. As I say I hope he does it. His history tells us otherwise.

He’s going to be the new Ryan Jack on here, isn’t he?

Folk saying “that’s it, he’s done” anytime he’s out with a niggle.

Don't think this injury list of a 25 year old represents 'niggles'.

Great player but I'll be astounded if he manages 50 games a season for us.

He played 36 games for club and country last season which isn’t too bad for someone who isn’t over his ‘injury issues’

The way Souttar picked up the injury towards the end of the season would have injured any player.

We should be encouraged by how many games he played last season and how well he played in the cup final after that injury. He'll not play as many games as Goldson or Tav, but that's not exactly the norm.

Most folk on this thread
January 2022: some business by Ross Wilson getting us a 38 million pound player from man u and world class midfielder aaron ramsey
June 2022: Ross Wilson is a disaster, cost us the league and should be replaced.
The hypocrisy is absolutely awful.
Lundstram aside we haven’t signed a starter in 3 years. That’s on the board and Wilson.

Was he rated at one stage ever?

I see he's been capped for England U-21s.

Left sided + English tax meant we would have made a tidy amount on him if he even turned out to be half decent. I assume that was the temptation.

Even for England 21's, his solitary cap came when he was 21.

I once saw him come on for Bournemouth at Anfield and — although there's no shame in a kid struggling against Liverpool — he sold two goals and looked so far out his depth it wasn't real.

Souttar definitely has injury problems but if he's managed properly he should hopefully still be available when we need him. Gio's problem last season was not managing the squad correctly. He ended up playing Alfie every single game and running him into the ground, then had to end up doing the same with Roofe, when if he rotated both initially Morelos would likely never have gotten injured.

It's just about sharing the workload between Souttar/Helander/King next season, while Goldson will likely play 95% of minutes.

Balogun, Bassey, Hagi and Roofe have all started plenty games mate.

They've all played a major part in our success, over the past couple of seasons.
I’ll give you Bassey. The rest are not guaranteed starters and Balogun is no longer at the club.

I’ll give you Bassey. The rest are not guaranteed starters and Balogun is no longer at the club.

I never said he was still at the club, but he was an outstanding signing for us and had some huge games over the past couple of seasons, both domestically and Europe.

Hagi and Roofe have also made big contributions in big games.

I never said he was still at the club, but he was an outstanding signing for us and had some huge games over the past couple of seasons, both domestically and Europe.

Hagi and Roofe have also made big contributions in big games.
I like both mate but as I said neither are guaranteed starters.

We were in a position as Champions and should have kicked on. We could have put the bheasts in the rear view mirror, made the CL and moved clearly ahead.

Our board penny pinched last summer and the rest is history.

Now we are playing catch up to the paedos, who are spending what should have been put CL money.

He played 27 of 38 league games.

Two thirds give or take.

There is no denying there is an injury risk with him.
Weren't the bulk of those missed games due to insisting he got a small operation rather than waiting until the close season, which would have meant missing th3 start of pre season?

I like both mate but as I said neither are guaranteed starters.

We were in a position as Champions and should have kicked on. We could have put the bheasts in the rear view mirror, made the CL and moved clearly ahead.

Now we are playing catch up to the paedos, who are spending what should have been put CL money.

And where does us making only our fifth European Final and only losing on penalties whilst having a black hole in our accounts fit into this?

The filth are about to show us again how to do the player trading model if this deal comes off
athletico Madrid showing interest in juranovic paid 2.5 million last summer played 41 games looking at getting £15 million that will fund a big chunk of this seasons transfers
its exactly what we should be doing every season it freshens things up and balance’s the books
we are so far behind for a supposedly modern club

The filth are about to show us again how to do the player trading model if this deal comes off
athletico Madrid showing interest in juranovic paid 2.5 million last summer played 41 games looking at getting £15 million that will fund a big chunk of this seasons transfers
its exactly what we should be doing every season it freshens things up and balance’s the books
There is no shame in admitting they are absolutely brilliant at this.

We are too sentimental and don’t really understand never mind apply the model.

Bassey after the Scottish cup final should’ve been put out for interviews and clips of him plastered over social channels etc creating a noise around him and a deal done within those few weeks whilst he was red hot.

There is no way they are getting 15 million for him. Scottish press at their best.

Atletico reportedly interested but I think I'm safe in saying that there is not a chance in Hell they will be offering anywhere close to that fantasy £15m figure. That figure seems to have originated on the Football Scotland website.

I seen your posts yesterday about Souttar. You are miles off it and he’ll be in the starting 11 with Goldson next season.
No he won't if he isn't fit. His past shows he repeatedly isn't fit and could.not play frequently enough even when Hearts were playing 1 game a week.

Element of truth in here, but for that side he will be a huge loss and any replacement is a gamble so batter in for me. That defense of theirs is a house of cards, granted done well domestically but there were collapses in Europe and some weary moments domestically too.

I see we’re back to the lauding the scum phase of the thread.

We sold our backup right back for more than that.

The only reason we haven’t sold as many players is we have a professional, great group of lads who gave us 55 and a Europa League final.

That was worth more than Morelos for £16m or Kent for £12m.

People are never happy and fall for the media’s chugging of the paedos.

2I like both mate but as I said neither are guaranteed starters.

That's very harsh and seriously inaccurate mate.

We lost over £24 million last season, yet Gerrard was allowed to keep his whole squad, as well as add Lundstram and Sakala, as the directors and investors covered our losses out of their own pockets.

We've lost over £50 million since Gerrard came in, yet he was never forced to sell a single player and added plenty.

That's what I call a board that supports their manager.

Be careful what you wish for.

If we do keep the majority of the squad together and get Morelos etc on new contracts, Gio might be happy with that situation. Rather than signing 4 or 5 players we could potentially sign 1 or 2 quality players to add to what we have.

That being said I still think one of (at least) Bassey, Aribo, Kamara will leave

Amad Diallo is worth having back, even if he won't feature much.

The kid has loads of social media followers and almost a cult following across the world, people that want to watch him and buy kits with his name on it.

Even if we don't capitalise using him on the pitch, he will grow us in terms of audience as well.

That lot have signed a few Japanese players, even if they were shit - the Japanese lap it up and they've done well in shirt sales in Asia off of it.

Sometimes a signing is also about growing your own brand, could probably include Ramsey in that too - didn't work out too well, but we had a lot more eyes on us.

Get well soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back