The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Musa Juwara just started following Rangers, can't see him being someone we'd sign...only 20 but doesn't look good enough for first team yet.

Looks like he'd be more of a Calvin Bassey type signing if we got him. Year or two on the fringes before establishing himself in the first team.

I'm realistic, based on the past; you are slightly pessimistic, because of the past three windows, but I'm the opposite. I'm always optimistic about Rangers, or at least mostly optimistic. We finished this season the best team in this League; you probably disagree with that, fair enough, but in my mind we have the nucleus of a very good side, a top side, and it will be added to.
Each to their own

I honestly can’t see how we finished the best team in the league though when we finished 2nd.

And our first good 90 minutes performance in the league came in Gerrards final game at home to Ross County.

We then had a run of grinding out some results followed by dropping silly points in quick succession

All whilst that lot overturned a 6 point lead, scored more than us and conceded less.

How you believe we were the better team is a head scratcher but each to their own.

Never understood folk saying this.

Why? Because folk are demanding signings? In what world does that mean they’re Celtic fans. It doesn’t stack up and one of those cretinous comments folk come out with when they don’t like folks opinions.

The comment a few posts ago about waiting to see at the end of the window once all the big clubs have done their business sounds 100x more a Celtic fan trolling than guys saying Gio, Wilson, the board etc to pull their finger/s out - and the guy that said it isn’t a Celtic fan either btw
Your spot on mate... a good few muppets are doing that.

We sold Itten then apparently bid for Kolac.
Rumours that Aribo interesting some clubs but will be after July 1st due to release clause.
My interpretation is that we won't/can't buy till we sell.
Re Celtic buying players, they have guaranteed income which we do not.
Champions league group $17.74 (2022 )
Europa league group $4.11 (2022 ). Looking at finances, it looks to me that getting to the final of the Europa will have earned us less than what Celtic will get (I've ignored bonus money for wins/draws in group stage)
TV money is also significantly bigger.
I'm confident we'll buy players soon.
Our managing director told us our European run was worth more than making CL. It was on week of Europa final he said this.

Musa Juwara just started following Rangers, can't see him being someone we'd sign...only 20 but doesn't look good enough for first team yet.

He was really I highly thought of a few years ago, but seems to have fallen off quite a bit.

One that could be developed... if his attitude and application are right.

Each to their own

I honestly can’t see how we finished the best team in the league though when we finished 2nd.

And our first good 90 minutes performance in the league came in Gerrards final game at home to Ross County.

We then had a run of grinding out some results followed by dropping silly points in quick succession

All whilst that lot overturned a 6 point lead, scored more than us and conceded less.

How you believe we were the better team is a head scratcher but each to their own.
We could have won the final OF game; we were by far the superior side in the Semi Final, particularly near the end. There was a transitional period during the season, but, and this is merely my opinion, had we have Van Bronckhorst from the beginning of the season, it would have turned out differently.

It's age.

They were 23. Aribo is 26.

Not many teams are forking out £14m for a 26 year old in this league with a year left on his deal.

Celtic only got £7m for Armstrong from Southampton at the same age and same contract situation.
Aribo is English trained so any team that wants to play in European
I think Botheim is a done deal. There was too much speculation around him and now it’s all quiet and he doesn’t seem to be linked elsewhere.

For whatever reason the club is waiting to announce him.

And yes it’s just a feeling.
We wouldn’t have bid Money for Colac if it was done.

I think Botheim is a done deal. There was too much speculation around him and now it’s all quiet and he doesn’t seem to be linked elsewhere.

Doubt it mate. If it was a done deal there's no reason it wouldn't have been announced by now so he can start pre season tomorrow or as early as possible.

Have my doubts if we were even in for him in the first place. His name appeared on here before anywhere else.

Maybe he was meaning to start following Angers but accidentally followed us ;)
Maybe Randers too just for good measure
hGgEQxc.jpeg

Looks legit to me!

Our managing director told us our European run was worth more than making CL. It was on week of Europa final he said this.
The participation fee for the CL is like £13m.

It’s been heavily misquoted as far as I’m aware that Robertson was referring to the £40/50m Dembele dollars money, he was talking about the participation fee.

The money he was referring to while a welcome bonus is absolutely not transformative as many keep insisting.

How do work permits work these days? The above player would never get a work permit previously however given recently Celtics signings from Japan can we sign anyone in the world now? (A benefit of Brexit?)

It seems a lot easier to get permits now. We got allowed to keep our appeal systemin Scotland. So now everything seems like its going through.

Aberdeen are signing players from relegated teams in the Hungarian league. Hibs signed a guy from the Gambian league. Dundee United signed an 18 year old from Ghana.

I'd say it's pretty much a given any player gets a permit up here.

Didn’t GVB just return from holiday today mate ?

I’m hoping the next 24/48 hours sees us making progress with Gio back.

I don't get this "1st July" thing.
We can sign someone anytime, don't need to register anything to 1 July if that's the case.
If folk are talking about the annual financial report, you can see why it MAY be considered as to when big investments are made. The board will be aware that we look like a black hole in which to lose money that scares of investors and can be used to set a bad reputation against us.

Having a Year of good profit (european run and big player sales) on the books could do wonders to be used to show the business model works to future investors.

One the books are set on stone for the year, they can afford to be a bit more splashy cashy potentially.

Not a solid theory, but a theory none the less.

The participation fee for the CL is like £13m.

It’s been heavily misquoted as far as I’m aware that Robertson was referring to the £40/50m Dembele dollars money, he was talking about the participation fee.

The money he was referring to while a welcome bonus is absolutely not transformative as many keep insisting.
"The run we've had now is probably slightly more than we would have had from making Champions league. It's a terrific boost". Direct quote from that week. Someone made that up? He should sue if so.

In a forum historically filled with clusterfuck threads that is a bold question

Personally I think it's up there. You log on and the page has moved by 10 pages, so you think something has happened, but it 10 pages of arguments and drivel
It’s like a match day thread, except one that just continues day after day!

I can’t stay away though, it’s like heroin, you know it’s bad for your health but just can’t stop.

With the end of the financial year being Thursday. I wouldn’t expect any movement until Friday
Don’t see why that would have a material impact to be honest.

You don’t write off a player in one year of financial results, their contract and fee will be written down over their term. Signing a player this week would have next to no impact on the 30 June 2022 financial results.

Football fans in wanting their team to improve

Shock horror.

Your hands must be in agony with all the clapping
We all want the team to improve. Just that some aren't losing their shit because we haven't signed a whole new first XI and spunked £100m by end of June. Some are a bit more realistic, patient and have faith in the management team.

"The run we've had now is probably slightly more than we would have had from making Champions league. It's a terrific boost". Direct quote from that week. Someone made that up? He should sue if so.
It’s been misunderstood not made up.

It’s not £40m he is claiming we made, it’s the £13m+ participation fee ballpark.

Which is why he says from MAKING the champions league NOT being IN the CL.

Easy mistake to make until you actually pay attention to the wording used.

Last edited:
Musa Juwara's entire career is scoring against Inter 2 years ago. That is it. We don't need more players hanging around the fringes of the squad adding to the wage bill.

Musa Juwara's entire career is scoring against Inter 2 years ago. That is it. We don't need more players hanging around the fringes of the squad adding to the wage bill.
Had a quick look at his games played, goals scored. At 20 years old there’s virtually nothing of note. And at only 5ft 7 he’s also a midget. Please tell me we aren’t signing him.

He's 20 years old with plenty of scope to develop and get better. He's exactly the type of signing we make nowadays, well that and guys with on going injury concerns :))

Each to their own

How are you still on here???
Every post the same.

Boring yahoo troll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back