The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We absolutely need to sign a first choice keeper next season. And a midfielder of the Davis type but younger.
I think Charlie McCann could be the man to replace Davis and hopefully we’ll see a lot more of him this season because he looks class. Jack has a big season ahead to prove he can stay fit and perform at a good level for us. Can also see this being Kamara’s last season here but that’s just speculation. I’d wait in see how McLaughlin does this season as number one before demanding a new keeper too.

Disappointing end to what was a promising window.
I really did believe we'd do more business once the group stages were secured, though clearly misplaced optimism.

I think when you look at what we've taken in from the Europa run, Champions League qualification, Bassey money, Aribo money and to even an extent Gerrard + Patterson - that some additional spend on quality was a reasonable expectation.

Another concern is Arfield, Davis and McGregor all need replaced this time next year. The guts of - allegedly - £10m to secure Sands and Tillman.
We are probably looking at £12m next summer just to stand still.
Therefore we need to win the league to guarantee the cash , no more by playing Russian roulette with difficult qualifiers

giphy.gif

But how many players do they have. The wage budget must be massive, surely there must be a point where enough is enough, especially as there are very few of their players leaving. Just because they spend that money doesn't guarantee success.

I'd imagine now that mobs wage bill must be pretty huge in all honesty but again if they win the league they'll see that as a gamble worth taking to secure CL football and make £30m plus.

If Rangers win the league though they'd be in pretty big trouble next summer and would have to downsize considerably. That's why I feel we should have strengthened as whoever doesn't win this title will probably feel the effects for a few years to come.

If I wasn't skint, I'd put £1000 on the terriers winning the league.

If anyone on this site wants to do a £100 bet to charity regarding Rangers winning the league (I bet Celtic will) then make it known and we can make it official.

Mark my words, we will not win the league this year. The blame lies with the board.
You can't predict the future. Make the charity donation anyway.

If anyone on this site wants to do a £100 bet to charity regarding Rangers winning the league (I bet Celtic will) then make it known and we can make it official.

Mark my words, we will not win the league this year. The blame lies with the board.

Il happily take that bet. No danger we lose the league to a team of Jack Russells

I think Charlie McCann could be the man to replace Davis and hopefully we’ll see a lot more of him this season because he looks class. Jack has a big season ahead to prove he can stay fit and perform at a good level for us. Can also see this being Kamara’s last season here but that’s just speculation. I’d wait in see how McLaughlin does this season as number one before demanding a new keeper too.
I agree on McCann. Definitely want to see more of him.

Absolutely humming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back