The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with regards to Kent, a £7m investment and one would expect a financial return on that investment.

Alfie and Aribo have more than returned on their respective investment. Leaving on a free is a missed opportunity for sure, but not a financial liability
It is absolutely a financial liability if they leave for free as they dont generate any money for us to replace them with.

Our budget come late August may look very different to what it is just now.

Hence why we may need to be patient with signings of which I think there will ultimately be 4 or 5.

No point in going for certain players now when better, more expensive ones may be within our reach later.

Would still expect 1 or maybe 2 signings this month.

This Southampton fan says Aribo has got a heavy first touch :))
aids.gif

It must be some life being a sports "journalist" in Scotland. Listen to fan podcasts and read this thread and then start up a story that we're interested in targets suggested by FF and Heart and Hand.

The Israeli one is perfect example. Andy on HandH said there was 40 scouts from all over Europe watching an Israel game and he said he hopes we were watching Gloukh because he's impressed him. 2 days later, we have likes of Daily Record etc saying we're after him.

That's what happens when you replace experienced journalists with first year students learning the job because its cheaper to hire them.

Aribo literally has one of the best touches going. It’s ridiculous. Touch and the way he shields the ball.

Still remember the moment he scored in Seville. Cutting onions…
One of the best in the box I've ever watched at Rangers, in terms of close control. So wide of the mark that description made on that earlier.

I wouldn't be too disappointed if we lost Aribo. The guy is a wonderful talent and a joy to watch but for the system Gio plays a Ryan Kent type for the right hand side could make us more fluid. Appreciate there would be negatives as well such as ball retention but could see it working.

If Aribo signed for Southampton, it would be interesting to see what this man had to say about him in a year's time, compared what kind of player he thinks he is at the moment.

I assume the club is realistic about knowing our place / level based on the finances we have. We can't compete with these teams in terms of adding real quality. We are a Europa League team who may get lucky and fall into the CL with a good draw and a wee bit of luck.
I'm sure one or two of our opponents in recent seasons have said we are a Champions league level team. One was definitely the Benfica coach.

Dallinga officially joins toulouse.
Yeah I’m relaxed about this window but letting Aribo, Kent and Morelos get down to their last year is appalling business.

I’m still astonished that we have people on here and Twitter in reasonably privileged positions trying to claim that losing them for free wouldn’t be that bad.
That’s fair enough mate , but you can’t make them sign ..

Whoever offers him & his agent the most money IMO. The boys got 1 possibly 2 big deals left and it’ll set him up for life!
Feels like I am just disagreeing with everyone tonight. Not sure he is driven by money. He could have probably got as much, or more, in England when he chose us.

Unfortunately I think he will go, as I believe he has previously been reported as not wanting a new contract. Palace would be a good fit for him.

Was there not one against Dundee Utd at Ibrox before the winter break that was incredible?

Think Gio mentioned it after the game as Joe got man of the match.
Maybe thinking of the one v Hearts at Tynecastle?

Goldson played the long ball, Aribo kills it with a first touch and then slots it past Gordon.

Was there not one against Dundee Utd at Ibrox before the winter break that was incredible?

Think Gio mentioned it after the game as Joe got man of the match.
St Johnstone perhaps.

Killed it on the left edge of the box, quickly weaves passes someone then slipped a pass to Sakala.

Imo there will be players going out the door in the coming weeks hence no signings

No m8 you said it was too late as if it had already happened.
He has an influence in the board room so yes close enough and could be greater if he decides to. (Which he might who know)

In any board room situation they all have an influence there's not one guy making the decisions.

He's as close as anyone can be with the current situation.

Aribo has killed the ball Stone dead from a high height on several occasions.
The first time was our first victory at the piggery under Gerrard.

I’m sakala’s biggest critic probably. I just don’t think he’s a footballer!
But looking at it, last season he played in 50 games, starting only 18 and ended it with 12 goals and 7 assists. Fair play to him tbh.
Could be a player with a wee bit more coaching imho . His stats last season are good and if he gets settled he,ll definitely improve, he’s lightning quick too . I’d give him a chance mate .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back