The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you should be allowed inside knowledge dependent on your my gers points.
0 - 500 you’re left to the papers
501 - 1000 you get 5 days notice of an announcement
1001 - 1500 your on the call when terms are agreed
1501+ you get to show potential signings around the training centre.

I’ve got confidence that we will be doing bits but the silence is worse than the misses the day after I come home from the pub late

Lewis Ferguson would cost between two and three million. Anybody thinking we're giving Aberdeen that clearly hasn't been paying attention. He's a decent player but I'm quite sure we would be able to pick-up a comparable Bosman. Transfer fees are a waste of money and we need to avoid paying them as much as possible.

I’ve got confidence that we will be doing bits but the silence is worse than the misses the day after I come home from the pub late
What about those in platinum level

I think we're over-estimating how good these young Dutch players would be just because we've had some success that way in the past.

I'm not sure there's an affordable amount of them out there who would truly improve us.

Dutch players and in particular Dutch youth players come at a premium. That said, I do think it's strange we aren't dipping into the Dutch market at all, granted I honestly don't know if we are or not, there's a lot of good players in that league outwith Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord.

I think we're over-estimating how good these young Dutch players would be just because we've had some success that way in the past.

I'm not sure there's an affordable amount of them out there who would truly improve us.
Agree with what your saying ,I wasn't really meaning to jump into the first team but more for the "future".

Personally I'm still a bit confused why we don't seem to be tapping into any young Dutch talent, in our manager we have a man who captained the national team in a world cup final(surely a big draw )and Dave Vos who seemed to be highly regarded in the Dutch youth system.

This to me is a total mystery

That’s exactly what I thought they would do for summer additions this year but to-date that hasn’t happened

The Dutch youth systems are renowned for bringing through loads of talented youngsters with superb technical ability

Really hope we can start getting some good prospects in asap

Unfortunately again we are discussing a player who doesn’t improve the starting 11
The last time we were linked with a player who would improve the 11 was Skov Olsen, all the others have been replacements for current players and back up to morelos.

That people think Ross Wilson is the guy who scouts the players is utterly bizarre.

People really need to get their head around what a 'Sporting Director' at a club does.
It's amazing how lost in the post that one has become.

It would make sense to get Ferguson in this summer to learn from Jack, and then take over from him next season.

There also needs to be a discussion around Ryan Jack at some point. That’s 5 years in a row he hasnt managed 20 league games. Not sure he’s worth an extension at 32 if he’s only available half the year.

What we really need is a Tesco clubcard type situation for buying players.

Normal price £3.5 million
Clubcard price £500k

I'm looking Forward to some of our youth players coming through. We need to start giving them a chance and most importantly, backing them when they have off games which they will. The pressure to win every game at Rangers comes at a cost sometimes but the plethora of talent waiting to come through will be first on the boards mind as we have actively sought and signed some of the best around. They realise they are not getting into a Premiership squad but will have a better chance with us. We have that in our favour and I'm excited for the future

Think Ferguson would be ideal for us, rotating with Jack, think he would bring much needed energy to midfield. Defo not a popular player on here but think he would become a first choice in the 11. Could see him and Lundstram bullying alot of teams. People saying he would get sent off alot for us are forgetting lundstram and jack tackles from this season, both lucky not to see red a few times.

Think Ferguson would be ideal for us, rotating with Jack, think he would bring much needed energy to midfield. Defo not a popular player on here but think he would become a first choice in the 11. Could see him and Lundstram bullying alot of teams. People saying he would get sent off alot for us are forgetting lundstram and jack tackles from this season, both lucky not to see red a few times.
No.

Personally I'm still a bit confused why we don't seem to be tapping into any young Dutch talent, in our manager we have a man who captained the national team in a world cup final(surely a big draw )and Dave Vos who seemed to be highly regarded in the Dutch youth system.

Hope im wrong but it seems gio doesn’t have an input on signings. There can’t be any other reason for the lack of Dutch interest

Some real over the top hate for Ferguson. He would be a good addition to our squad. Scotland internationalist, established Scottish Prem player and a diehard bluenose. I'm all for this type of stuff going plus dipping into the foreign market. People seem to think that it's one or the another.

What DOES he actually do?

He's Director of Football Operations.

So everything that involves our footballing operation is under his remit.

First team, womens team, youths, training centre, anything in the stadium that the players need to use, scouting - loads more.

He has to ensure everything is running towards the same sort of goal. At no point does he walk in and say "we're signing this guy, don't care if you want him or not" to the manager, which seems to be what many believe.

And anyone who thinks the footballing operation at our club isn't improved under him is wrong, given all the evidence. Perfect? No, but it never will be.

What DOES he actually do?
From what I understand he is in charge of the running of everything football related at the club.

Who does the head of the academy report to? Wilson. The head of scouting? Wilson. The analysis department? Wilson. The woman's team? Wilson. Who looks for the new manager if we need one? Wilson. New contracts for existing players? Wilson.

His remit may well cross with Stewart Robertson (contract renewals, negotiating transfer fees etc) but he doesn't do the old fashioned 'sit up in the stands, sign the players, pick the team, ala Craig Levein' DOF.

He is the person tasked with creating the often spoken about 'model' of the club. So if managers come and go the club still carries on, without needing huge changes. Google his work, there's plenty online.

These threads are a pain in the arse.

I waited for a 2pm announcement the other day because everyone was talking about it and didn't have time to scroll through and it was pish.

Today we have loads of messages on Ferguson and it looks like it's imminent or atleast concrete interest going by messages and I scroll back pages to see its some virgin on twitter with no source or anything.
This just reminded me of the guy last summer who was raging an announcement never happened and he stayed up past midnight haha

Some real over the top hate for Ferguson. He would be a good addition to our squad. Scotland internationalist, established Scottish Prem player and a diehard bluenose. I'm all for this type of stuff going plus dipping into the foreign market. People seem to think that it's one or the another.

I’d support him if we signed him, but I just don’t think he’s good enough for us. Being a Scottish internationalist and a diehard bluenose doesn’t mean you’re good enough for Rangers.

I’m only interested in his footballing ability. I don’t think he’s better than our first choice midfielders and Aberdeen would probably want a fee that we shouldn’t be paying for a squad player. If he was available on a bosman he’d be worth a punt.

He's Director of Football Operations.

So everything that involves our footballing operation is under his remit.

First team, womens team, youths, training centre, anything in the stadium that the players need to use, scouting - loads more.

He has to ensure everything is running towards the same sort of goal. At no point does he walk in and say "we're signing this guy, don't care if you want him or not" to the manager, which seems to be what many believe.

And anyone who thinks the footballing operation at our club isn't improved under him is wrong, given all the evidence. Perfect? No, but it never will be.
So you mentioned scouting then?
I don’t believe he over rules the manager but when he came in we were told he had an extensive contact book , when is he going to start using it?

I’ve nothing against Lewis Ferguson and wish him well of good stock.

What I will say is on what planet does he get into our starting 11 when we have Arfield, Aribo, Kamara, Jack, Lundstram Davis and Lowrie not to mention McCann wanting a slot. 7 players for 3 slots Lewis Ferguson doesn’t get a look in for me.

So why is it even being mentioned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back