The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Lewis Ferguson at Rangers would work. He’s got attributes that can be developed further; good delivery, sound range of passing, can strike a ball, travel with it. He’s strong, shields the ball well, good feet, intelligent movement, bit of bite about him. He makes good runs into the box a bit like Arfield. He’s certainly got decent technical ability.

I’d fancy him to get a number of goals and assists from midfield along with winning his fair share of dangerous free kicks and penalties.

Much rather Ferguson in midfield than Sands, cheaper too.

The son of Derek, nephew of Barry. That means Jack shit to me - doesn’t impress or make me want to sign Lewis Ferguson. That chat is playground material. My only concern would be the potential leaks but that’s on Lewis to be trusted.

First or fifth choice option. No, but I could see why we could be interested and he’s the sort of Scottish based signing Celtic would make that turns out to be a hit. Probably the only player in Scotland I’d touch. Someone will take a punt on him and he’ll turn out to be a good signing.

If Ferguson was available at a reasonable price, I think he’d be a good addition. He’d improve and end up being a key player imho.

People didn’t want Ryan Jack and look how he turned out.

Unfortunately it’s likely we’ll only get him for a reasonable price when his contract is expiring. The sheep won’t let him go to us for a fair price.

King, Lowry and McCann are like new signings - yes they had cameos last season but maybe Gio thinks they can make a genuine first team spot this season. Perhaps Gio has also seen some more potential on the youths.
McCrorie is an international class keeper too.
Yes We 100% need a striker and one that can challenge Alfie too.

But we’ve been told for years this is the model we are working towards perhaps it’s ready to bear fruit.

I work with the Dutch every day they can be very single minded in their plan - the British could learn from them. Worry is they also struggle to admit they are wrong.

However I’ll trust Gio his team and Ross Wilson. I’m sure they’ve earned it.

(I sit CD3 5 games in and it’s not happening I’ll be the guy screaming at them )

Remember Alan Hansens famous quote about Man Utd and fergie sold his super stars that summer

King and Lowry I expect will be in the match day squad most weeks. McCann is a bit behind those 2 imo.
He looks too giid for the Lowland League so will be interesting to see what the plans are for him this season.

For the sanity of this message board hopefully we can get at least one signing in this coming week.

When do the squad fly out to Portugal?

I think Lewis Ferguson at Rangers would work. He’s got attributes that can be developed further; good delivery, sound range of passing, can strike a ball, travel with it. He’s strong, shields the ball well, good feet, intelligent movement, bit of bite about him. He makes good runs into the box a bit like Arfield. He’s certainly got decent technical ability.

I’d fancy him to get a number of goals and assists from midfield along with winning his fair share of dangerous free kicks and penalties.

Much rather Ferguson in midfield than Sands, cheaper too.

The son of Derek, nephew of Barry. That means Jack shit to me - doesn’t impress or make me want to sign Lewis Ferguson. That chat is playground material. My only concern would be the potential leaks but that’s on Lewis to be trusted.

First or fifth choice option. No, but I could see why we could be interested and he’s the sort of Scottish based signing Celtic would make that turns out to be a hit. Probably the only player in Scotland I’d touch. Someone will take a punt on him and he’ll turn out to be a good signing.
Good points here.

You read this & some of the responses to the VAR thread… and you begin to understand why Scottish football continues to fall behind the rest of Europe.
Yeah good one, if you are not going nuts every day at the idea of Rangers signing a scottish player thats done well in the league we need to win( it was Souttar until he signed) or backing the poor refs that get a tough time.....then you are holding scottish football back and part of the problem.

:))

My favourite bit of commentary on Wilson was someone on Twitter saying "we got to a European final despite him, not due to anything he done".

Because hiring Gio for the job in the efficient way he did was clearly nothing to do with him...
There were folk moaning about how long it took to get a new manager!!!

Also, Aberdeen and Rangers play a completely different style of football. Ferguson would see more of the ball with better players around about him who possess more intelligent movement. I think his forward passing and ball retention is pretty good.
And if it worked, he would be a fans favourite.

I had assumed given vos and gio's background we would have been bringing in some real dutch/foreign talent at a great age for there development. Seems its the same old names being brought up which surprises me, and not in a good way.
You, me and pretty much everyonre here has no idea who we are thinking of bringing in. Give them a couple of windows at least before making sweeping statements about which markets we are shopping in.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but very few were saying that at the time.

It obviously never worked out, these things happen.
Anyone looking at his previous could predict the outcome.

We were used as a training camp for the Welsh national team by a player who’s legacy was missing the penalty in the EL Final

I genuinely believe our 'online' support are amongst the f*ckin stupidest on earth. 1 starts a moan about someone, such as Wilson, not fully understanding what he actually does, and then it spreads to those who cant think for themselves and now they also want to constantly moan about what other people are moaning about when none of them actually know what they're moaning about

B-)
That's social media in general LS.

After the many who absolutely savaged lundstram last season, it just shows how clueless most are. There were some on here willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, very much a minority though.

I don't know wether Lewis ferguson would do a job or not, but may I remind people of the unfashionable signing of bomber brown. Done the club a great turn.

After the many who absolutely savaged lundstram last season, it just shows how clueless most are. There were some on here willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, very much a minority though.

I don't know wether Lewis ferguson would do a job or not, but may I remind people of the unfashionable signing of bomber brown. Done the club a great turn.
I don’t think Lewis Ferguson is all he’s cracked up to be … but I majorly got it wrong on Lundstram so will trust the management this time. Of course, it’s all just the musings of a lone crank on Twitter that is driving this chat anyway.

If Ferguson was available at a reasonable price, I think he’d be a good addition. He’d improve and end up being a key player imho.

People didn’t want Ryan Jack and look how he turned out.

Unfortunately it’s likely we’ll only get him for a reasonable price when his contract is expiring. The sheep won’t let him go to us for a fair price.
They have the right to do that as long as he is their player.

Hearts played that game with Souttar and ended up with nada.

We will do the same with our better players. There comes a point where we do and don't deal, same as every club.

Last season Lewis Ferguson was the most fouled player the Scottish Premiership by some distance, he knows how to draw a foul and win penalties.

Tav and Ferguson would be fighting over who gets to take all the penalties he wins

He does, and I haven't felt brave enough on the forum to say how much I like that aspect of his game; definitely a player who plays with his head up.

Don’t have to be brave, just speak your mind. So what if people ridicule you or don’t agree. It’s a football forum. Clubs in England and Italy have been linked with the lad, he’s got international caps, YPOTY award. He’s clearly got something.

If there's a release clause then we can't add a sell on as long as it's met.

Surely you understand that?
How can you not? A clause can have anything in it that both parties agree to when it's written.
That can include a day out to Edinburgh zoo or a sell on %

Enquired. He wants crazy money.
You’d imagine anyone with ambition would take £20k or so less a week and play for us, than get the extortionate wage and play for shitehawks like Galatasaray or Salernitana.

I never really have a go at players chasing the money, but come on to %^*& :))

Surely Salernitana can’t afford 50k a week and the couple of million sign on fee Botheim was apparently looking for ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back