The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on
Win OF games and you win the league
Apart from that gubbing at the knew camp ,nothing in it between the teams and as you say we finished stronger

A team that has just made a major European final doesn't become a bad team overnight ,we all want some new signings as they are needed and they do lift everyone
But the hysteria and negativity from some the now really is eye opening
I get your point about the OF games but lets be honest last minute stupidity against Ross County and Hearts (that's 4 points) and that omnishambles against Motherwell is what cost us the league. Those three games still really boil my piss

The sheer vitriolic response to the Sydney game. The constant questioning of decisions made behind the scenes. The constant demand we sack Wilson, Bisgrove and Robertson.

Probably the wrong turn of phrase, but an element of the fan base has lost faith in how we are operating.
My friend it's all about opinions
But I think you are a mile out ,the Sydney debacle was something that was admittedly a poor poor decision ,but the board heard the fans and took action.
I honestly don't think the fans have lost faith in the board

There is a multitude of things we as fans are unhappy about and want to see happen and as a support we aren't known for our patience , this thread is a prime example of it but I'd say confidence in this board is still pretty high

But I think you are a mile out ,the Sydney debacle was something that was admittedly a poor poor decision ,but the board heard the fans and took action.

There is a multitude of things we as fans are unhappy about and want to see happen and as a support we aren't known for our patience , this thread is a prime example of it but I'd say confidence in this board is still pretty high
This thread is a prime example of why the internet should have an entry exam.

Probably true to some extent, but to think the head scout was 'nowhere near' any signing they made a lot of money from is funny. Just so happens he wasn't near the Van Dijk, Wanyama, Ki, Ajer, Dembele, Forster & Armstrong transfers then.
He was not involved in the recruitment of at least 3 of the players you listed in regards finding the player, and influencing bringing them to the club, VVD, Ki and Wanyama. Can't say much more to protect my friend and the info given.

He was not involved in the recruitment of at least 3 of the players you listed in regards finding the player, and influencing bringing them to the club, VVD, Ki and Wanyama. Can't say much more to protect my friend and the info given.

Aye okay then. He signed the dross and had no input on the good signings. Cheers for the input

You are wrong.

I get your point about the OF games but lets be honest last minute stupidity against Ross County and Hearts (that's 4 points) and that omnishambles against Motherwell is what cost us the league. Those three games still really boil my piss
I can't disagree with mate ,sheer stupidity in the games and they cost us

But the primary objective of a Rangers manager is to beat Them when we play them as invariably you will win the league if you do
But as you mention. we need to cut out they stupid results

An element have imo. It wasn't simply that. The rumblings behind the scenes with the likes of King and Club 1872 etc being at odds with the board. It creates and uneasiness, while also amplifies peoples doubts.

I get what you're saying, the vast majority are on board but an element of the support does nothing else but criticise.

I though that the clue was in the term 'supporter'.

My team just got to a major European final, sold a pretty inexperienced youth player for £16m, agreed a new contract with our vice captain, and have 50-odd days before the start of the season in which to make some signings.
Say what now? :p

Probably true to some extent, but to think the head scout was 'nowhere near' any signing they made a lot of money from is funny. Just so happens he wasn't near the Van Dijk, Wanyama, Ki, Ajer, Dembele, Forster & Armstrong transfers then.
I wouldn't even lend it that much credence.

He was head of recruitment, of course he played his part in the players they brought in. He was good for Hibs and Blackburn have some cracking players too that have been brought in whilst he was there.

The idea that he's simply bluffed his way around these jobs is mental!
Lower/regional scouts all report to those up the chain. I can absolutely, categorically state that is how it will be structured. It is truly baffling that they think anyone in a higher up position within recruitment will take nothing to do with the signing is mind blowing. He might not have personally identified them, but that might not have been his role. They wouldn't have just bypassed them.

That's certainly how I remember it. Of course people were raging at performances, but that anger was reserved for Gio and the players. GVB was the "new Pedro" according to a few on FF.
Posters completely went over the top abusing GVB I could not understand the vitriol he got after just coming in.
Said he had no tactics couldn't change formnation and could not set up the team all that was proved to be nonsense.

I have a friend who works in football and has very close dealings with the guy and knows exactly how clueless he is. Park claims to have found the players in question that they made a lot of money from, when he was nowhere near involved finding them or scouting them
Strange time and subject the stick your head above the parapet for when been so quiet for so long.

You just happen to pop up with an ITK mate rubbishing our new scout.

Aye...........

He was head of recruitment, of course he played his part in the players they brought in. He was good for Hibs and Blackburn have some cracking players too that have been brought in whilst he was there.

The idea that he's simply bluffed his way around these jobs is mental!
The Athletic have an article with him from last year. I can't seem to be able to copy it. It shows 11 players he scouted for them that they made huge profits on. Exactly the type of person we should be bringing in.

Aye but someone on here has a pal that's a scout that says he's useless.

Posters completely went over the top abusing GVB I could not understand the vitriol he got after just coming in.
Said he had no tactics couldn't change formnation and could not set up the team all that was proved to be nonsense.
Yeah, it was pretty shocking but to be expected really.

I have a friend who works in football and has very close dealings with the guy and knows exactly how clueless he is. Park claims to have found the players in question that they made a lot of money from, when he was nowhere near involved finding them or scouting them
It just sounds like a personal beef on your pal's part (unless he's an imaginary friend of course). He is well respected.

I could be wrong but if you listen to their fans the dross came after he left, they are always on the phone ins wanting him to come back.
Depends when he left, did he scout Scepovic, Amido Balde, Hoiveld, Fortune, Boerrigter, Juarez & Bangura?

That’s about £20m down the drain right there.

Obviously, found some quality gems so pretty ambivalent to the appointment and trust we’ve gotten it right!

Overall his time at Celtic certainly appears pretty successful, so I’m looking forward to seeing who he can dig up for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back