The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We signed a guy from League One for £300,000 and are about to collect a £10m fee for him.

If Gio gets two players out of this, then it's win win.

Yip it’s a good deal, and if we use the cross border loophole again we’ll likely have to agree similar clauses to get the deals over the line, nobody loses.

Reading some of the takes on here, imagine we had genuine fan ownership, it would be absolute fucking chaos, maniacs everywhere.

I'd rather have this done now, gives us plenty of time to get a replacement in, nearer the end of the window and you are rushing about and time for them to bed in

Is he going to have a season better than starring in a Europa League Final?

Chances are no.

We could win a domestic treble and teams down south wouldn't give a toss.
They might.

Arsenal paid 20 odd million for an injury prone full back playing against nobodies week in week out

Teams will now have Bassey on their radars for sure

In England and Germany at very least.

If he plays brilliantly this season domestically and in Europe what's to say several clubs actually up their interest?

You may be right but I'd rather we kept him and extended his deal.

I love the guy and think there's further improvement in him yet despite him being exceptional.

If I've learned something from this thread it's that no-one will panic or jump to emotive conclusions until the facts are clear.
Facts are Southampton are getting a player who just scored in a euro final for peanuts with the money they can spend.

£10m for Aribo in the last year of his deal is decent money.

However the issue becomes twofold, Will the board give Gio all the money and do you trust Wilson to source players?

Scary prospect.
Don’t let Wilson get involved too much. His record has been rotten of late. If John Park has started then I’d let him have a look around his database and get a look about.

Wilson just doesn’t impress me. Talks a good game, that’s about it.

We signed a guy from League One for £300,000 and are about to collect a £10m fee for him.

If Gio gets two players out of this, then it's win win.
And if we aren't hard to deal with here it will show players we are a good club to come up to and get a move to a big league

When they first reported it they said plus add ons. Few other sources going with that aswel, Slightly confusing.
“Southampton in advanced talks to sign Rangers midlfielder Joe Aribo with deal close to being agreed for £10m including add ons”

That’s what’s on the yellow ticker.

Interesting wording. 10m including add-ons.
Possibly it's 8m cash with a 20% sell-on clause making up the additional 2m and it's worth 10m now. But we have a huge upside potential on the deal with the sell-on if so.

End of the day people are getting worked up over what is likely to be £1m max here or there that is being negotiated between the clubs.

As long as we get as close to the £10m as possible guaranteed that's the main thing, negotiating a sell on % would be the best possible scenario for us.

They aren't coming in with an offer of £5m and an additional £5m if he finishes top scorer. It's small amounts that are being negotiated at this stage

Wonder if anymore of our players are on this abomination of a release clause?
Depends on whether the release clause was a condition of them signing in the first place.
Lovelace could have £5m release clause for all we know.lol.

So they can pay in installments instead of all upfront.

It shouldn't matter though. If the clause is £10 million then that should be the guaranteed value of the deal. If it's in instalments fair enough, but it shouldn't be performance related as anything could happen. He could go out in 1st game for them and suffer a career ender (clearly I hope that doesn't happen). Point is, his performance for them shouldn't impact on the fee we receive based on a contractual release clause!

Another positive to take from this is that players in a similar situation to Aribo may well be encouraged to follow his route and come here for a few years then get their move. The fact Ornstein is saying he wants it to be done amicably puts it out there the respect he has for the club and that can only be a good thing.
Bassey as well should he go for silly money will be another that players will look at and think it may well be the route to take

Another positive to take from this is that players in a similar situation to Aribo may well be encouraged to follow his route and come here for a few years then get their move. The fact Ornstein is saying he wants it to be done amicably puts it out there the respect he has for the club and that can only be a good thing.
Bassey as well should he go for silly money will be another that players will look at and think it may well be the route to take
If only we had already picked up the next Aribo already to develop. This type of recruitment doesn’t seem to happening now at the club unfortunately.

Yip it’s a good deal, and if we use the cross border loophole again we’ll likely have to agree similar clauses to get the deals over the line, nobody loses.

Reading some of the takes on here, imagine we had genuine fan ownership, it would be absolute fucking chaos, maniacs everywhere.
£21m made from player sales in a season of it goes through.

Be in no doubt that fans who can’t/won’t accept that this is the way forward will be absolutely shitting themselves.

So that’s us looking like being a guaranteed starter down. Aribo needs replaced before the season starts.
Well actually we are 2 down as I am sure Ramsey was signed as a starter to replace Hagi.

I don’t think we can expect much if we done invest in the top end of the park but I don’t believe we are skint and I think we will be happy when all is said and done.

It’s going to be a very strange season, we have 3 months of play and then a break practically from November to near January.

Then VAR comes into play and they will absolutely loose points with VAR, my point being we need to get 3 players in let them settle and make sure that we are top come kick off on Boxing Day

Don’t let Wilson get involved too much. His record has been rotten of late. If John Park has started then I’d let him have a look around his database and get a look about.

Quite excited to see Wilson with decent money to spend and a specific player to replace. I reckon him and Gio will do well here but of course wilson isn’t liked by many.

Sky saying £10M including add-ons

Talksport saying £10M plus add-ons.

I reckon Talksport will be closer to the truth. Skys rarely on the mark anymore
If there's a release clause of £10m then I can't see how that would include add-ons, happy to wait and see, and hopefully the money goes into the squad.

This is really, really harsh, I just don’t get it. He isn’t responsible for every signing that is good, or every signing that is bad, it’s an absolute nonsense to think he is.

However, if he was the signing of Bassey on a cross border loophole could go down as one of the best moves in the clubs entire history if he go’s for what we think and hope he will.

We have barely had any money to spend yet folk think the recruitment should be absolutely inch perfect every single time, it’s bizarre.

If there's a release clause of £10m then I can't see how that would include add-ons, happy to wait and see, and hopefully the money goes into the squad.
We wanted all up front, they didn’t want to pay all up front. We said £10m + add ons as a compromise.

That’s how I see it happening anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back