The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is £6 million in today worth more to us than a settled European final goal scorer for the CL qualifiers and then the rest of the season? Hard to argue that it is. The potential for more cash is great, of course, but it still does not swing that balance too far.

Yeah we really need to act now that we have the money, and do some business pronto. Going into CL qualifiers down Aribo without bringing in anyone to replace him would be a disgrace.

It’s a win for Southampton as it’s unlikely they will sell him for mega money given his age and that he’s not a game changer often enough for the tier above to come in for him soon.

I’m still of the opinion that we have structured the deal the a way that suits us. Maybe I’m just overly optimistic
You’ve got to think we haven’t said no to a extra £2-3m up front and opted for some pretty achievable clauses.

Alternatively, Southampton have us by the balls because he’s away for %^*& all in eleven months time.

Who knows.

What a horrendous bit of negotiating lmao.

Club wants a player with a £10m release clause and we negotiate away £4m of it. It's absolutely unbelievable really.

They will need to sell him for £26m for us to recoup that £4m that we gave away. (assuming an optimistic 20% sell on)

The addons absolutely better be achievable & realistic or else I'd hunt Wilson out the door.

Player is in the last year of his contract. He could have effectively signed a pre contract in January 2023. We can only sell if club's are wanting to buy. It's absolutely not ideal if the rumours are true that it's 6 million. Nonetheless, it's 6 million for a player who cost 250k.

Aribo will be 26 this summer. Assuming a fairly standard 20% profit sell on, in order to make the 4mil that would take the deal up to 10, he would need to be sold for 26mil.

Honestly I don't think the sell on is much use to us here, he's not a 19 year old that might end up going for 60 odd mil.

10mil should have been achievable, this seems like a panicky 31st August deal only it's been done in early July.

The £10m fee isn’t negotiable upwards, but all other aspects are treated as a normal transfer.
The point I was making to LyonGer was that Southampton wouldn’t offer a sell on clause if they had met the £10m fee, be it up front or 6m upfront and rest in instalments.

There is no indication at all that Joe would throw his toys out his pram if he was not allowed to move to the South coast and was instead asked to move next season for free, and a greater signing on fee, if he repeated his performances in the CL. He would be a moron to down tools. He is not a moron.

Maybe we'll buy 20 Aribos at £300k with the £6 million, and another 13 and a bit with the potential add on's.

He signs a three/four year deal, and how much is value the following day; £6million, or even 10? Not a chance.

Aribo will be 26 this summer. Assuming a fairly standard 20% profit sell on, in order to make the 4mil that would take the deal up to 10, he would need to be sold for 26mil.

Honestly I don't think the sell on is much use to us here, he's not a 19 year old that might end up going for 60 odd mil.

10mil should have been achievable, this seems like a panicky 31st August deal only it's been done in early July.
Maybe the add ons take it up to £10m, and the sell on is a bonus?

I’d be disappointed if the add ons weren’t achievable, in fact, it would be lunacy from us to gamble like that.

I know we are obviously backing the player, but you’d like to think we’ve made sure we are secure to receive £10m at some point, at least.

It’s a win for Southampton as it’s unlikely they will sell him for mega money given his age and that he’s not a game changer often enough for the tier above to come in for him soon.
6-12 months of good form sees him move down there for north of £20m

Guess we know why the club was leaking the stuff to fan media /pushing the message about how aribo has been such a good value signing and how we'd stand to make a profit on him. Softening everyone up because they knew a section of the support would see it as a shit deal.
There is stage management in every transfer, of course.

Ross Wilson shouldn't be paying attention to anyone who thinks a £10m package for a 25 year old in his final year is in any way a bad deal.

No-one can make that argument with credibility.

The hostility is based upon disappointment, not reality.

Club wants a player with a £10m release clause and we negotiate away £4m of it. It's absolutely unbelievable really.

They will need to sell him for £26m for us to recoup that £4m that we gave away.

The addons absolutely better be achievable & realistic or else I'd hunt Wilson out the door.
He was in the last year of his deal which has weakened our position. Southampton are obviously trying to get the best deal as possible for themselves, the same way we are. If we held firm at £10m upfront they'd have probably walked away, leaving us with the prospect of losing him for nothing next season.

We need to do our best to get Alfie and Kent on new deals to avoid this situation with them, because it'll cost a few quid to replace them.

We also need to start selling assets earlier to maximise their value.

Wilson’s laughable “relaxed” stance on contracts running down has created a situation where we’re selling Aribo for around a third of his realistic value.

I’m not sure why anyone would expect a different outcome with Morelos and Kent.

We’ve blindly backed this guy for over 2 years now and it’s coming home to roost.

And for those who champion the Patterson fee, that’s down to how good Nathan Patterson was and how he showed up in European games and internationals, plus his long contract and being happy to stay.

Wilson’s laughable “relaxed” stance on contracts running down has created a situation where we’re selling Aribo for around a third of his realistic value.

We’ve blindly backed this guy for over 2 years now and it’s coming home to roost.

And for those who champion the Patterson fee, that’s down to how good Nathan Patterson was and how he showed up in European games and internationals, plus his long contract and being happy to stay.
Perhaps because Kamara, Lowry, King & Goldson all signed extensions in the last 12 months.

Additionally, as far as I’m aware, neither of them have release clauses in their contract which indicate an intention to leave.

People seem to think the Aribo deal is a worst case scenario fee.

If that release clause wasn't there, even the so-called disappointing fee would've been challenging.

We constantly benchmark fees received against Celtic or England. If we keep doing that then that inevitably leads to disappointment.

Might be worth remembering he may not have come without said clause.

People are lashing out at a clause that has helped secure the 2nd biggest package in our club's history all in.

You'd think we bought Aribo for 10m and sold him for 6m reading the comments, we've made a profit off a sale of a player who has given us 3 good Years.

"Once a player leaves Rangers it only goes down hill"
Same person..
"Why haven't they spent 15m on Aribo even with a year left"

Who was the last player we sold for good money who has done well? Track records matter in selling players.

Perspective and a little sense needs applied, f*ck me.

Yup

Seems to have a free pass with some don't get the dude at all

His January window cost us the league and the CL cash

He should be hounded for that alone

I honestly don't get folk moaning about wanting the cash up front it almost never happens. We know nothing about the deal the club won't advertise what they got will take a cpl years worth of accounts to figure it out. Better than loosing him for nothing and altho he's a very gifted footballer I think he's replaceable if we can sign a RW and goal threat from middle of the park I'd be happy.

They will need to sell him for £26m for us to recoup that £4m that we gave away. (assuming an optimistic 20% sell on)

You just making this up.
It's a 10m deal, 6m upfront the other 4 paid in installments probably over 2 seasons.
The sell on clause is rumoured on top.

He was in the last year of his deal which has weakened our position. Southampton are obviously trying to get the best deal as possible for themselves, the same way we are. If we held firm at £10m upfront they'd have probably walked away, leaving us with the prospect of losing him for nothing next season.

We need to do our best to get Alfie and Kent on new deals to avoid this situation with them, because it'll cost a few quid to replace them.

We also need to start selling assets earlier to maximise their value.

I get that but there's plenty of time left in the window mate.

You're not telling me that if we had let it be known towards the end of the window (and after crucial CL qualifiers btw) that we were now willing to negotiate around £6m that other clubs wouldn't have come in for Joe Aribo.

There's obviously no way of telling but I'd be astonished if noone was interested at that price.

£6 million + a sell on plus another £4 million. Isn’t that bad for a player in the last year of his contract. Either we accept this or he leaves for nothing. We all know he is worth far more but what else can the club do? He isn’t signing a new contract? This is the only option.
Ross Wilson is a knob but in this case we probably got a decent deal in the end (of the sell on fee is a decent %)

Anyone on here work for Rangers finance department or contracts department....... Didn't think so.

The fee is speculation to every single person in here and every reporter reporting it. No one will k ow the exact fee until/if it is even reported by the club.

Be happy we got something as in a few month he could sign a pre-contract and be away for nothing.

Getting him for again reported £300k and making any profit upwards of £4-5million (or whatever the deal is) is decent business. We wouldn't want him to run down his final year and be unhappy playing for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back