The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get that you are saying “if” but even by suggesting it you are making assumptions that we only have one option. There is absolutely nothing to suggest we have a list one player the as we can’t say that there “if we have a list with 500 players on it”.

The answer is really that none of us know, for years we as fans have been enraged about rumour and private matters coming out of the Club but now that we are keeping things in-house the Club are also criticised it lose/lose
Understand what you are saying but the ‘if’ was genuinely just used as an if and not an assumption. Im pretty relaxed about the situation. I trust the board and the manager.

We’ve identified Lovro Majer, Joey Veerman and Skov Olsen as targets that we just couldn’t find that extra £1m or so for, who have since shown how good they are. Doekhi will do the same. I have no issues with our scouting. We just need to find a way to increase our funds, possibly through selling a couple of players.

Add Djed Spence to that list as well. According to several reports our scouts had identified him as a target when he couldn’t even get a game for Middlesbrough. Now he is on verge of signing for Spurs for £20m.

Colak is a good start.

As long as Morelos stays I'd be happy with Alfie & Colak as our 2 main strikers.

Personally I'd also replace Roofe due to injuries but if he stays I'll sleep better knowing we have someone else to help cover Morelos.

We now need a RW. Hopefully someone with a good pedigree that will add goals and assists.

CB still worries me.. I don't like the idea of Souttar & Helander being the main 2 to partners for Goldson. If the cash is there I'd like to see a sign a quality partner for Goldson that's consistent & reliable.

And if I'm being really greedy a forward thinking CM is required. Davis, Jack, Lundstram & Kamara are all very similar. A better, younger Arfield if you like.

The last 2 probably rely on us making the CL.
Agree with this, I think Aribo is almost certain to be off, that could change the budget. He will need replaced and will generate funds for RW.

Reliable LCB required

The latter is hard to do when to date, nobody whatsoever has shown their hand and came for a player.
I suspect there is a lot of interest in our players, the issue is likely the difference in value between ourselves and the interested parties.

Whilst we wait on Colak, I'd like to see the club move on a RW. We don't know what is going on behind the scenes but usually stuff leaks from the other country. The only legitimate rumour really has been Colak, must admit that is a slight concern of mine.

With Colak not being a first pick, I'd like to see us target a definite starter for RW sooner rather than later.

I
His eyes looked plenty open when he played very well in the EL Semi v Leipzig at Ibrox and scored a cracking goal in the Scottish Cup Final. Played fine in the EL Final as well.

But clearly you’ve chosen your camp so not much point debating it.
I like Scott Wright but he gets caught in possession a helluva lot, when he sharpens that up we have a player.

Pretty clear what Rangers were telling fan media yesterday was true, a bid has been accepted for a while and PAOK are stalling to get a new player in. We’ve obviously kept quiet for a bit to let them get someone in, but they are dragging their heels and we decided to go public with it, maybe in part to force their arm.

The player must be beeling. Unlike others saying move on, I think we give them a wee bit more time, if he’s the player we have scouted and decided to pay for then a few more days is worth waiting for rather than go for second choice.

Does the Greek season start earlier?

Find it a bit weird that they’re holding out for a replacement this early.

Next season it really is about how many points are dropped by them and us, it will not be many, because the gap between the rest is huge and getting bigger.

What we need is more goals, they outscored us last season, I do hope we can add players who can provide that. It is going to be very tight between us.

No it starts mid August. They should have a replacement lined up by now.

I’d be saying you have 24 hours or the bid is withdrawn. Not our problem they haven’t done their homework.

Their first competitive match is 21st of July in the conference league qualifiers.

"We always talk about the statistics. Players today play for the statistics, but this is the biggest mistake they can do. "Statistics are just a bit of information that we have, but there are players that make the team play good and are not in the statistics"

Pep said it best. A philosophy I wholeheartedly buy into, and one that absolutely applies to Ryan Kent. A player that gets us going imo.
Pep’s forward players last year in the league:

Mahrez - 13 goals
Sterling - 13
Jesus - 8
Silva - 8
Gundogan - 8
De Bruyne - 15

The only one close to ‘Kent’ numbers for them was Grealish with a whopping 3 league goals and I’ve no doubt Pep will be demanding a whole lot more from him in 22/23. As we should be with Kent.

Their first competitive match is 21st of July in the conference league qualifiers.

Fair enough but It’s irrelevant to us. If they have accepted a bid, let the player go or we take the bid off the table and look at other options.

They clearly need the money up front to sign a replacement so sooner they get that the better surely.

Fair enough but It’s irrelevant to us. If they have accepted a bid, let the player go or we take the bid off the table and look at other options.

They clearly need the money up front to sign a replacement so sooner they get that the better surely.

It’s irrelevant to us but obviously not to them, we’d be the same if we had a qualifier in a few weeks and never had a replacement in.

We’ve identified Lovro Majer, Joey Veerman and Skov Olsen as targets that we just couldn’t find that extra £1m or so for, who have since shown how good they are. Doekhi will do the same. I have no issues with our scouting. We just need to find a way to increase our funds, possibly through selling a couple of players.
Sometimes finding that extra £1 million isn’t the issue though sometimes it’s just the country and league we play in.
Some of these guys might just not fancy the SPFL.
Take Doehki for example, if the stories are true he had a choice between playing in Scotland or playing in Germany.
He chose Germany for obvious reasons and I bet it wasn’t down to cash.

Yet they still played him in a match yesterday?

Something isn’t adding up here.
PAOK have basically said that Colak going nowhere until a replacement is found.

Also Celtic agreed a fee with Lanus for the LB and he still played in a game. Got sent off but still played.

Mahrez - 13 goals
Sterling - 13
Jesus - 8
Silva - 8
Gundogan - 8
De Bruyne - 15

The only one close to ‘Kent’ numbers for them was Grealish with a whopping 3 league goals and I’ve no doubt Pep will be demanding a whole lot more from him in 22/23. As we should be with Kent.
But the player that allows those to play is Rodri. I wonder what his stats are?

Whilst we wait on Colak, I'd like to see the club move on a RW. We don't know what is going on behind the scenes but usually stuff leaks from the other country. The only legitimate rumour really has been Colak, must admit that is a slight concern of mine.

With Colak not being a first pick, I'd like to see us target a definite starter for RW sooner rather than later.
Got a feeling this will happen once Aribo goes. If we are going to pay good money for anyone this window it will be quality at RW. I'm sure the management team knows what we need if we can all blatantly see it.

They apparently holding off until they can find a replacement.
Can they do that if they've agreed and accepted the fee and the player has agreed terms? I'd have thought at that point it's a medical next. Unless they've verbally accepted the fee under the condition that they get a replacement first but in which case I didn't think we'd be allowed to discuss personal terms with the player.

I need back on FM I forget how all this works :))

Mahrez - 13 goals
Sterling - 13
Jesus - 8
Silva - 8
Gundogan - 8
De Bruyne - 15

Goals wise I totally agree he has to get more, but it’s mental some folk saying he doesn’t get enough assists. He had more than double Mahrez, more than double Sterling, almost double Jesus, treble both Silva and Gundogan. Only De Bruyne got anywhere near him with 14 compared to Ryan’s 20. Pep would be over the moon if any of them got the same amount of assists as Kent did.

Can they do that if they've agreed and accepted the fee and the player has agreed terms? I'd have thought at that point it's a medical next. Unless they've verbally accepted the fee under the condition that they get a replacement first but in which case I didn't think we'd be allowed to discuss personal terms with the player.

The good old delay button there using

Yeah, it seems a bit strange to me. I'm presuming it's all agreed in principle until they have a replacement lined up. Who knows

In terms of outgoings, the market in England is fair picking up and some big deals happening. Yet absolutely nobody down there showing their hand as yet in terms of interest in our players.

Not a sniff. This is the main concern for me, we need to move players on soon in order to get our own targets in. Yet there’s nothing as yet. It’ll hold us back in the market a while yet.

His eyes looked plenty open when he played very well in the EL Semi v Leipzig at Ibrox and scored a cracking goal in the Scottish Cup Final. Played fine in the EL Final as well.

But clearly you’ve chosen your camp so not much point debating it.
Give it up Scott, you even got your age wrong in your username!!

:p

It's quite ironic that for years people have been adamant they didn't want any transfer news getting leaked to the press and are now getting hysterical that they aren't hearing any rumours.
Think it's because the last 3 transfer windows have been shit where we haven't spent a penny.

People just worried it's going to be another disappointment.

Anyone reckon Leeds would be interested in Kent?
I think it was Bielsa that was a fan of Kent but now he’s no longer their manager, I don’t think we’ve got anything to worry about. They’re going to get a decent amount of money for Raphinha, so I’d hope we’d be able to get a decent amount of money if we were to sell to Leeds.

We know he's on their list anyway.

I doubt he's a top target though.
Let’s hope not and let’s hope he signs a new deal. He’s a bit of a throwback of a player that we’d struggle to replace in my opinion, even with his limited number of goals last season.

giphy.webp

But the player that allows those to play is Rodri. I wonder what his stats are?
For what it’s worth, 7 league goals. Still more than Kent.

You can’t seriously be comparing Rodri allowing other City players to play is the same as Kent allowing our other players to play?

We don’t get enough goals/assists from the middle 3 currently therefore whoever is in the forward 3 positions must get 10 goals minimum + assists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back