The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people don’t want to come to terms with they’ll go on 1,2,3,4,5 title in a row runs while we win the odd league here and there for a good while yet, the invincible 55 season needs to be taken in isolation IMO.

Understand we blew the league last season but that was due to players being injured, the squad being thin and players generally underperforming, the squad needs a massive refresh. Hopefully guys like Lowry can give the team a lift

Generally the team that spends the most wins the league 9/10 times, we need to break the mould sell a few key assets, get into the CL and go from there.

We clearly value our players a little too high in comparison to what people want to pay, we don’t cash in on our assets at the correct times (understand we need bids), but Borna, Kamara should have been sold after 55 at their peak. Will only take us to have a bad run in the EL and not get into the CL and loose the league again for he fan base to go into absolute meltdown.

The flipside is we could get into the CL this season, win the league and get in next season but I’m not sure we will be able to do that unless we sign some real firepower for striker and RW as roofe, sakala, wright can’t be relied on for numerous reasons.

Your first paragraph is the biggest load of shyte I've read on here for a long time and that is really saying something.

So what? Their is a ceiling in Scottish football that neither team cam breach when it comes to recruitment - Gerrard and Rodgers done the off because of it.

That Celtic squad had a good run last year but they are the same team that were the first EVER to be papped out of 3 European tournaments. You think they're now going to go win 5 league titles in a row?

Utter nonsense.

I also have faith in Gio, he took it on the chin when we got pumped at their place, since then he had far better results against them and we looked the better team in the final 2 games.

Their squad, LB aside is the exact same but they will be c£17m in on transfers.

As it stands, there is not much between the teams and our recruitment has not really started.

As an add-on to be positive about, our youth development seems to be in a considerably better place than any time in the last 20-30 years, that bodes well for the future

If anyone laments the average of our starting eleven is 28.3, then they should take encouragement that the average age of both the CL finalists last season was around the same number, just over 28. As I posted this morning, the average of our squad is under 25; so when it comes to the average age having a variance around that figure, we're doing quite well.

It kind of blows the theory that every team is struggling to make signings in the market just now when our main rivals have signed 3 new players and likely Jota to be a fourth.

Hence why fans will rightly be concerned
They haven't signed 3 new players with a 4th to come.

They have signed a free agent goalkeeper already in Scotland, a left back seemingly and made a permanent signing of a player already there. That would be the same if Jota goes back.

4 permanent signings, yes. Only 2 new players though.

I think people don’t want to come to terms with they’ll go on 1,2,3,4,5 title in a row runs while we win the odd league here and there for a good while yet, the invincible 55 season needs to be taken in isolation IMO.

Understand we blew the league last season but that was due to players being injured, the squad being thin and players generally underperforming, the squad needs a massive refresh. Hopefully guys like Lowry can give the team a lift

Generally the team that spends the most wins the league 9/10 times, we need to break the mould sell a few key assets, get into the CL and go from there.

We clearly value our players a little too high in comparison to what people want to pay, we don’t cash in on our assets at the correct times (understand we need bids), but Borna, Kamara should have been sold after 55 at their peak. Will only take us to have a bad run in the EL and not get into the CL and loose the league again for he fan base to go into absolute meltdown.

The flipside is we could get into the CL this season, win the league and get in next season but I’m not sure we will be able to do that unless we sign some real firepower for striker and RW as roofe, sakala, wright can’t be relied on for numerous reasons.
Same way we were told they would go on to do 13, 14, 15…

So what? Their is a ceiling in Scottish football that neither team cam breach when it comes to recruitment - Gerrard and Rodgers done the off because of it.

That Celtic squad had a good run last year but they are the same team that were the first EVER to be papped out of 3 European tournaments. You think they're now going to go win 5 league titles in a row?

Utter nonsense.
whats europe got to do with the league?

Last season we were literally 1 win away from winning back to back titles
And had that game been played when it initially should have it's likely we would have won it. But we'll never know.

We were also only 2 wins away from what might have gone down as our greatest ever season with a treble (including a European trophy).

Things are not all doom and gloom as some people may have you believe.

PAOK will need to act fast. I don't know the ruling on cup tied players at this stage of European competitions, plus the fact Čolak will have his mind on a move to Rangers (if indeed he has agreed terms?).

Sorry but if we can't spend money after taking in 16 million for a player and manager and then reaching a european final with Ibrox sell outs at £50 ish a ticket then when will we ever be able to spend?

There will be some money there to spend but we were told the Europa money would not all go back into the squad it would also be used for infrastructure and projects the club have ongoing. Loan fees and £500k for Zukowski in January, £10m due to be paid to clubs for transfer fees, £8m in loans to be repaid (club need to clarify what theyve done with them i.e are they paid back?) money to Sports direct, wages and bonuses for reaching Europa final and winning Scottish cup... it all adds up

PAOK will need to act fast. I don't know the ruling on cup tied players at this stage of European competitions, plus the fact Čolak will have his mind on a move to Rangers (if indeed he has agreed terms?).
I'm pretty sure they removed the cup tied status from European competitions. No doubt someone will prove me wrong, but I think that's a thing of the past.

There will be some money there to spend but we were told the Europa money would not all go back into the squad it would also be used for infrastructure and projects the club have ongoing. Loan fees and £500k for Zukowski in January, £10m due to be paid to clubs for transfer fees, £8m in loans to be repaid (club need to clarify what theyve done with them i.e are they paid back?) money to Sports direct, wages and bonuses for reaching Europa final and winning Scottish cup... it all adds up
Well if it required reaching a european final then we would have been in trouble then

Not a chance they budgeted for anything more than last 32 in europe

Be a disgrace if we don't get badly needed substantial investment in the playing squad this season

Celtic, by qualifying for group stages of UCL, are starting out with about a £20m advantage over us , that's why they can spend £17m.
I'm also predicting that by the end of August their new left back will be worth at least £5m more than Bassey according to KDS.

Celtic, by qualifying for group stages of UCL, are starting out with about a £20m advantage over us , that's why they can spend £17m.
I'm also predicting that by the end of August their new left back will be worth at least £5m more than Bassey according to KDS.
We made more last season than a group stage CL run according to Robertson

I think it is entirely plausible that PAOK won’t let the deal go through until they get in another striker, as others have mentioned.

Let’s be patient troops. Having said that, there are other areas of the pitch needing addressed (CM & RW).

To put it bed, Colak is no where near being done.

Nothing has been agreed, PAOK denied this yesterday and then played the player in a pre-season friendly.

If anything had been agreed, this would be moving much quicker, we're yet to offer PAOK what they want.

If they're dragging etc it's better to move on now than get tunneled into Colak, there's other positions need filled.

Well if it required reaching a european final then we would have been in trouble then

Be a disgrace if we don't get badly needed substantial investment in the playing squad this season

Need to remember though the season before we went 7 games with no crowds in Europe and the 2 legs were scrapped in the qualifiers as well so that run last season will have made up for that shortfall.

We will spend cash but suspect we are waiting on someone out the first 11 to be sold before we strengthen it.

Not sure if your serious or not tbh. You've acknowledged how bad our finances would be right now without the Euro run but go on to say not spending would be a disgrace.

Let's just say they spend money we don't have and we at worst fall foul of Uefas finance regulations. Will you pay the phucken fines?

Nothing has been agreed, PAOK denied this yesterday and then played the player in a pre-season friendly.

If anything had been agreed, this would be moving much quicker, we're yet to offer PAOK what they want.

If they're dragging etc it's better to move on now than get tunneled into Colak, there's other positions need filled.

Watch what their manager said after that game last night you mention. It ties in with everything that was said yesterday if they let him go they have 1 striker.

Need to remember though the season before we went 7 games with no crowds in Europe and the 2 legs were scrapped as well so that run last season will have made up for that shortfall.

We will spend cash but suspect we are waiting on someone out the first 11 to be sold before we strengthen it.
So if we didn't get to the final this year then what mess would be in?

We had our CEO out bragging we made more money than what the champions league would have gave us so back it up and go back the manager or we will be handing Celtic another league title

So you don't know and guessing?

Not sure if your serious or not tbh. You've acknowledged how bad our finances would be right now without the Euro run but go on to say not spending would be a disgrace.

Let's just say they spend money we don't have and we at worst fall foul of Uefas finance regulations. Will you pay the phucken fines?
We're told the board are doing a great job but on the other hand a european final has bailed them out?

So you don't know and guessing?
Not guessing? Based on what their manager has said, what PAOK said about no fee yet being agreed, and that their valuation has yet to be reached.

Also said there's 4 other clubs interested.

Doesn't look any closer to being done? Correct?

So if we didn't get to the final this year then what mess would be in?

We had our CEO out bragging we made more money than what the champions league would have gave us so back it up and go back the manager or we will be handing Celtic another league title

And what did he say the money would be used for? He never once said it would all go back into the playing squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back