The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not in terms of fee. Maybe wages over his time with us. It was only a development fee
£300k or thereabouts fee. Robertson is on record (RTV interview) confirming that it took circa £2m to get the deal over the line though. Presumably signing-on fee, Agents 'incentive' etc. Obviously that's a factor in any deal but I think it becomes more costly when no/low fee is involved.

Not in terms of fee. Maybe wages over his time with us. It was only a development fee
Signing on fee and agents fee both high as it was just cross border fee. He cost us £2.5m+ as reported by Robertson. Not factoring in wages, if it was it would be another mil or so on top of that probably.

Signing on fee and agents fee both high as it was just cross border fee. He cost us £2.5m+ as reported by Robertson.
As per someone else has posted above the transfer fee was circa £250k. When we signed Kent for £7million included in that wasn’t signing on fee and agents fees

When did we start including signing on fees and agent fees in transfers totals? There are agent fees and signing on fees in every deal, the actual transfer fee for Aribo was around £350k.
Agreed it’s crazy now. We even get “ in a total package worth £20 million” which even includes a 4 year contract for a player. Anything to inflate the figure and make it seem more dramatic.

They need a fully fit striker who can hit the ground running! Currently, that ain’t Alfie who looks a number of weeks away from being a starter.
Alfie isn’t far away. Few pounds off and three or four games and he will be bang on it.

Just waiting on him signing the deal

When did we start including signing on fees and agent fees in transfers totals? There are agent fees and signing on fees in every deal, the actual transfer fee for Aribo was around £350k.
I think when it’s the difference between a couple million it’s worth talking about. People wonder why we had a clause inserted it. That was also a “cost” to securing his signature. Or I suppose the opportunity cost of not having him. No idea of the context of this thread. I think it’s worth acknowledging that it was a pretty sizeable package all in, not all bosmans will cost that amount but those in demand will.

I think its just so those who don't know it already, get the idea that there is a big difference between what it costs you in signing-on and Agents fees between buying an in-contract player and an out-of-contract player. There's always fees and other stuff involved but when a guy is OOC then its the player and his Agent who hold the power to demand more to sign on the dotted line.

Anything to downplay any deals we do I suppose!

Doesn’t look so good if we got £6m up front when “he cost £3m”

Still kinda surprised we signed Davies when John Brooks is still without a club and we love an American. Will be interesting to see where he ends up.

No, because had he been in contract then those fees would have been a fraction of the price.

He was OOC and therefor signing on fee and agent fees were significant. Rarely are these fees larger than the deal and that’s why they are never included. In this instance they were 10x the deal. very rare.

It's virtually always bigger when they are not in contract, as you pointed out. Lundstram, Lawrence, Sakala, all of them would have been signing on fees. Doesn't mean we don't class them as free transfers.

It's virtually always bigger when they are not in contract, as you pointed out. Lundstram, Lawrence, Sakala, all of them would have been signing on fees. Doesn't mean we don't class them as free transfers.
Nobody said they weren’t a free transfer. I’m saying it cost significantly more than 500k to bring him here

As per someone else has posted above the transfer fee was circa £250k. When we signed Kent for £7million included in that wasn’t signing on fee and agents fees
You’re missing the point. The fees were significantly more than the transfer. Kents fees will have been significantly less.

So to say it cost us £250k to bring Aribo here is not true, it cost well more and if we hadn’t offered the mental signing on fee and agent fee then he would have went elsewhere.

The question I ask myself is, "was the player worth it" Was George McLean worth 27,500 quid? Eventually yes. Was Kamara worth 500k yes indeedy. Wad Flo worth 12million? no. Prices have skyrocketed and the goods aren't as good and inflation has run rampant since the 60s. I wqs charged over a pound at Gatwick airport for a bag of crisps which cost tuppence when I was a kid so,using that as base, multiply Dandy's fee by 120 equals about 3.3 million which is pretty fair. Colin Stein was 100k which equals 12 million which is underpaying for a goal scorerlike him.

Everything is relative I suppose. (sorry guys, killing time until the game starts)

Wages being freed up...?

Will we see any incomings in the next few weeks at all?
I’d expect Katic to follow him , possibly helmander and Kelly too before the end of the window. Sadly also maybe wee Sakala.

If we free up all those wages I expect a dynamic CAM to be added bare minimum

I think buying a new keeper at this stage is a massive risk. A new keeper needs a pre season to get to understand his back four/three and form an understanding.

It’s not as simple as just buying a new keeper for £4/5 million and jobs a good yin.

If it is possible, mind you, fvcking do it cause McLaughlin gives me the absolute willies.

Do we need a new keeper?

Apart from one ropey bit of distribution, McLaughlin had a good game. Still, it's going to be one of those arguments that pockmark our season. We don't need the hassle. Just sign a proper number one and move on.

Celtic signed Hart pretty late on in the window last season so I don't see why we can't do similar.

We’re not signing a new GK as much as people want to believe it’s a possibility next summer it’ll be before we see a new GK through the doors

Apologies for the poor quality photos (if they even work) but any suggestions as to who this might be?
Saw him with a group of people in the car park tonight, and a well known and well liked ex player of ours was saying to him “congratulations, its an amazing club, grab the opportunity and make the most of it”

(White jacket in the top photo)

Apologies for the poor quality photos (if they even work) but any suggestions as to who this might be?
Saw him with a group of people in the car park tonight, and a well known and well liked ex player of ours was saying to him “congratulations, its an amazing club, grab the opportunity and make the most of it”

yep, that's Malik Tillman, scored the winner tonight :))

Someone has suggested it looks like Gedson Fernandes from Besiktas but Ive no idea to be honest… could be someone for the B team for all I know

I was trying to be discreet and not look too much like a stalker while taking the photos :))

I’d expect Katic to follow him , possibly helmander and Kelly too before the end of the window. Sadly also maybe wee Sakala.

If we free up all those wages I expect a dynamic CAM to be added bare minimum

I would like to address a number of issues with your post, please.

1) Who the f uck is helmander?
2) Fashion Sakala at 5 10" is hardly wee.
3) Why in the name of the baby jesus, Mary and the wee donkey would we need another CAM? we have Tillman, Lawrence, Hagi, Lowry and Arfield at a push who can play there.

We need a new number 8 and a first choice goalkeeper.

Last edited:

Who was the ex-player?

Someone has suggested it looks like Gedson Fernandes from Besiktas but Ive no idea to be honest… could be someone for the B team for all I know

I was trying to be discreet and not look too much like a stalker while taking the photos :))
he's from the youth team, they were all sitting behind us in cd6, lovelace was there also, a couple of them were giving or laldy during build my gallows, and great to see a couple of them wearing Rangers tops and just being fans.

he's from the youth team, they were all sitting behind us in cd6, lovelace was there also, a couple of them were giving or laldy during build my gallows, and great to see a couple of them wearing Rangers tops and just being fans.

Cheers for that, I figured it wouldn't make sense for a potential first team signing to just be hanging around outside the stadium, especially that close to kick off

I know how much this place loves a dodgy photo to start a rumour though :))

Come home ...Jadon?
(Sancho)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back