The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loose link of Forrest being after Barisic
Can't see it. This Summer they signed Harry Toffolo from Huddersfield Town. Part of a double-deal with them signing Lewis O'Brien from the same club as well for a combined fee of circa £10m.

Davies was injured and not in the squad. How was he supposed to play?

Ridvan will still be settling and getting up to speed. Relax.
Was he injured?

Never seen that, I imagine he’ll play Saturday.

Ridvan will be nice and relaxed playing Thursday-Sunday for a couple of months because this is where we’re heading.

Barasic was shocking 2nd half.

Kent was blowing out his arse the last half hour.

Why spend money though when you can just run the same 11 players into the ground.

Sakala scored more than Kent last season, does that mean he's better (though they play different roles and are different type of players?) or is that only a factor when you have an agenda?
Just seen this.

No idea what agenda you’re claiming I have. I simply pointed out a flaw in the posters post claiming Matondo was more composed than Sakala when finishing.

Sakala is a better finisher than Kent hence why he scored more goals than him last season. That much is obvious surely?

Rizvan, davies, matondo not playing a single minute of tonight’s game is pretty shocking.

Is that about 12 million pound worth for the let’s just wait and see RSC?
I agree mate but the normal crowd on here will jump all over you.

It was pretty daming again of the recruitment to have so much of our budget not getting a single minute in our biggest game of the season. I'm not saying these players won't come good, Matondo has already proved to far better than Wright for example.

If we don’t sign a towering centre half we are going backwards as a team.

I’d like to see the stats but we have to be one of the smallest squads in height and physicality in European football.

At points last night it was like watching land of the giants against us. We have lost Aribo and Bassey and brought in nobody of remotely the same height/stature. You throw Yilmaz into the team and we become even smaller.

Even ally McCoist said it post match on BT- we have noticeably become a much smaller team under Gio and it shows in these games.

If we don’t sign a towering centre half we are going backwards as a team.

I’d like to see the stats but we have to be one of the smallest squads in height and physicality in European football.

At points last night it was like watching land of the giants against us. We have lost Aribo and Bassey and brought in nobody of remotely the same height/stature. You throw Yilmaz into the team and we become even smaller.

Even ally McCoist said it post match on BT- we have noticeably become a much smaller team under Gio and it shows in these games.
we look a physically weak team now . need more pace height and power in the team .

Badly need height in the team. Aribo, Bassey and Balogun all were good at defending corners.

We need a centre back who can win headers.
I've said earlier and I hope im proved wrong but we could have replaced Bassey better than what we have we have signed two fairly undersized players Davies and Yilmaz that will make the left side our defence a target not to mention set plays if we were signing a smaller less aggressive CB we should have went for a more physical LB or vice versa

Badly need height in the team. Aribo, Bassey and Balogun all were good at defending corners.

We need a centre back who can win headers.

I agree to an extent, their second goal is a good example but we also need to remember that boy didn’t jump from a standing position, it was a really good header/delivery.

They were a particularly big strong team

Rizvan, davies, matondo not playing a single minute of tonight’s game is pretty shocking.

Is that about 12 million pound worth for the let’s just wait and see RSC?
Ridvan and Matondo are signed on long term deals, there's absolutely no point throwing them in if they aren't ready. We need to think of their progress for the next 2/3 years, not play them in a huge game just because they cost the money.

I've said earlier and I hope im proved wrong but we could have replaced Bassey better than what we have we have signed two fairly undersized players Davies and Yilmaz that will make the left side our defence a target not to mention set plays if we were signing a smaller less aggressive CB we should have went for a more physical LB or vice versa

Ben Davies is over 6ft. i think he’s closer to 6ft2 which is good size. He’s actually the same size as Marvin Andrews who we would all agree didn’t seem “undersized”.

Yilmaz is smaller than Borna, i’ll give you that one!

Ridvan and Matondo are signed on long term deals, there's absolutely no point throwing them in if they aren't ready. We need to think of their progress for the next 2/3 years, not play them in a huge game just because they cost the money.
I’m not writing them off, Matondo in particular has offered plenty already but we’ve made a big investment in these players to not play them in a game as important as last night was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back