The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said the same thing earlier… Mental that our 3 biggest signings didn’t even get on the pitch for a game of this magnitude.

Still concerned at who and where we have spent our cash this summer.

Modern game is all about strength, pace, and power and none of our signings scream any of that.

We look weak as piss and our weakness at defending set pieces will be our downfall all season long.

We also have most of a squad that got to a European final, so it's pretty sensible that you would use that experience in a game like last night's, we haven't signed players for a couple of weeks, they are here long term.

This is the model everyone wanted was it not? Buy low, sell high, replace, develop and go again, yet here we are with folk already deciding it doesn't work because we don't just throw another team together instantly.

Get the feeling that their owner has been trying to put Olaru in the shop window the entire transfer window and I very much doubt we have made any offers.

Hopefully I’m wrong because he looks a cracking player

I said the same thing earlier… Mental that our 3 biggest signings didn’t even get on the pitch for a game of this magnitude.

Modern game is all about strength, pace, and power and none of our signings scream any of that.

We look weak as piss and our weakness at defending set pieces will be our downfall all season long.
The game was going our way and we have another big game on Sunday followed by the return leg next week.

We have players who can come in next week fresh

Get the feeling that their owner has been trying to put Olaru in the shop window the entire transfer window and I very much doubt we have made any offers.

Hopefully I’m wrong because he looks a cracking player
I thought that but reading the new article, he has quotes saying he'll start the negotiations against on Friday after their Conference league qualifier so sounds like we've laid the groundwork already.

He'll be a decent covering CB, but he's too "floaty" as @Bluebeard said the other day. A wee bit blow over in the wind type of build.

We need a built, rapid centre half that takes no shite.

Davies seems too nice.

what? davies seems too nice? have you been out for coffee and cake with him or something? how many games are you making this assessment on?

what? davies seems too nice? have you been out for coffee and cake with him or something? how many games are you making this assessment on?
Think what the OP is getting at is that he is a passive defender rather than a dominant one prefers interceptions to tackles and has a weak aerial dual success rate but we have signed him with building out from the back in mind imo

Davies would pay for your coffee and get you a nice slice of gateaux along with it. We need a right bastard who would spit in your coffee and make you pay for it.
Like who, related to players in the past? That sounds more like a caricature than a proper Rangers CB.

At a younger age he played more of a 10/and out wide. Now he’s played as a CM - can play as a deep lying central midfielder or more box to box, 6 or an 8 or even as a wide CM - mobile, creative, two footed, can start an attack, he’s got a bit of bite about him and gets about the park.
Modern fitba clichés meets traditional fitba clichés. Sign him up

Matundo is slow right enough.

Millions of pounds worth of talent on the bench last night that we just signed and nowhere to be seen. Must be the worst Club in world football who sign players who need weeks and weeks to ‘get up to speed’. Still, I’m sure we’ll parade all our big money signings against Queen of the South.
PSV have made 8 signings this summer, and only 3 made it onto the pitch against us. Same number of new signings as we played on Tuesday.

We also have most of a squad that got to a European final, so it's pretty sensible that you would use that experience in a game like last night's, we haven't signed players for a couple of weeks, they are here long term.

This is the model everyone wanted was it not? Buy low, sell high, replace, develop and go again, yet here we are with folk already deciding it doesn't work because we don't just throw another team together instantly.
Was always going to happen. Limited patience from a good majority of the fanbase.

The model was a smokescreen for " hurry up and get players in the fucking door"

Was always going to happen. Limited patience from a good majority of the fanbase.

The model was a smokescreen for " hurry up and get players in the fucking door"

As someone pointed out above, PSV have made 8 signings this summer, only 3 started, it's entirely normal for teams to bed players in whilst using their tried and tested in the early part of the season, especially in a game like Tuesday.

Not on FF though, instead we're 'the worst in the world' or its 'why have millions of transfers not playing'...

And players who are the complete article and will hit the ground running. None of this settling in nonsense
and really tall players - can't forget about their height (though not their actual official height obviously, just how big they seem when they're spotted cutting about the west end)

Think what the OP is getting at is that he is a passive defender rather than a dominant one prefers interceptions to tackles and has a weak aerial dual success rate but we have signed him with building out from the back.
The description above is Katic. I wonder if the OP would rather play him?

As someone pointed out above, PSV have made 8 signings this summer, only 3 started, it's entirely normal for teams to bed players in whilst using their tried and tested in the early part of the season, especially in a game like Tuesday.

Not on FF though, instead we're 'the worst in the world' or its 'why have millions of transfers not playing'...
Exactly. It's like some of FF have never followed football.

Last edited:
I couldn’t agree more, just can’t see us signing anyone and certainly not anyone with a serious outlay.
The money will be there.

Last week we just got through a tie that earned us an extra 5m, add in the transfer fees for Patterson, Aribo and Bassey and the money from last year's euro run.

I think we will make one more significant signing.

A draw against a good Dutch team - with all still to play for in the tie - has sent FF loopy again?
Agree. I am all for debate but come on.
A draw against a decent side is not a disaster.
I think because we went 2 - 1 up and lost a late avoidable goal it feels a bit like a defeat.
All to play for and it will be a major result if we win in Holland.
Can see ET in this tie.
Only signings I see will be if we qualify.
If not it will be out the door movements

Think what the OP is getting at is that he is a passive defender rather than a dominant one prefers interceptions to tackles and has a weak aerial dual success rate but we have signed him with building out from the back in mind imo

Sounds like Katic your looking for!

Agree about Kamara, looks like his time is up. A year in and out of the team would only see his value drop.
I agree and Olaru seems like a quality replacement.

Still astounds me the money paid for Kamara but I understand what his situation was. If he does go will be a healthy profit but I don't see us getting double figures of millions like some do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back