The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Beale connection would make sense. Only issue with Jack going, is that he ticks the home grown quota box.

Otherwise its a deal that probably makes sense. Jack will never be fully fit for a sustained period of time
Yeah, it would also tie in with the Olaru chat that kicked up again the other day as well.

My mate has just told me there’s some sort of rumour going around on WhatsApp (I know, I know) that Ryan Jack is away to QPR for 4 mil! Just to get something to talk about, don’t think he’d make that move if he was offered it anyway
That would be great for a player who’s constantly injured and not trusted to play 5 games on the trot without injury or fitness issues.

My mate has just told me there’s some sort of rumour going around on WhatsApp (I know, I know) that Ryan Jack is away to QPR for 4 mil! Just to get something to talk about, don’t think he’d make that move if he was offered it anyway
QPR dont have 4m for Jack and doubt we would sell even though hes injuries are frustrating

More chance that’d be Ryan Kent, and half of FF would be driving him to London.

I don't believe this Ryan Jack rumour for a minute but IF QPR are offering £4m for Ryan Jack, in the last year of his contract, then there is no way on this earth that Rangers are turning down the offer.

I don't believe a word of it though, so its all a bit moot.
He has 2 years left FWIW.

Totally agree though, would me mental to turn it down. It's like turning down 4m for Roofe.

You don’t think £4m for Ryan Jack would be a good deal?
Instead of the one word answers, could you elaborate?
It might even lead to a discussion!
Ironic, when you haven't said why it's a good deal. Perhaps you're right though, perhaps it is a good deal, for QPR. Ryan Jack is crucial to this squad, that's all I'm going to say on it.

He has 2 years left FWIW.

Totally agree though, would me mental to turn it down. It's like turning down 4m for Roofe.
Transfermarkt has his contract expiring 31 May 23 mate. As does this, from Rangers. Is there a later deal after this?

Ironic, when you haven't said why it's a good deal. Perhaps you're right though, perhaps it is a good deal, for QPR. Ryan Jack is crucial to this squad, that's all I'm going to say on it.
He was crucial but he can’t play the required number of games unfortunately.

Only he's not crucial to the squad, as we play a large % of our games without him.

Transfermarkt has his contract expiring 31 May 23 mate. As does this, from Rangers. Is there a later deal after this?

Strange that. Genuinely thought he was a year later. Wasn't a player people spoke about when worrying about contract extensions.

Thanks for info, I've defiently been mixed up.

Had heard this week that GvB didn't rate Jack and has intimated as much.

Jack going wouldn’t break my heart.
I genuinely don't get the love-in with Ryan Jack.

He's a decent player who obviously loves the club, but he is regularly injured for extended periods of time.
He doesn't do anything particularly spectacular that would endear him to fans... I mean I get that he has a bit of talent and a bit of dig, but then I don't see his love of the club and determination to succeed as any greater than that of the likes of Lundstram, who has been at the club for 1 year.

Maybe someone can explain what it is that's so special about him

I thought PSV was a great game for Jack to start, although given how well Davis performed it’d been tough to fit him in the XI. When he’s fit, he’s so valuable. That’s the perennial issue with him of course. But £4M… that’s a deal to consider.

I genuinely don't get the love-in with Ryan Jack.

He's a decent player who obviously loves the club, but he is regularly injured for extended periods of time.
He doesn't do anything particularly spectacular that would endear him to fans... I mean I get that he has a bit of talent and a bit of dig, but then I don't see his love of the club and determination to succeed as any greater than that of the likes of Lundstram, who has been at the club for 1 year.

Maybe someone can explain what it is that's so special about him
People who watch the game and see the work he does on the pitch understand his value to the team.

We certainly improved last season on his return. He is a player that does lots of graft and is very good at regaining possession and retaining g possession.

For some reason he has always had the same group of people who slag off his contribution at every single opportunity.

QPR would have a bargain if they get him for £4m.

We would be losing a top player.

Okay, my apologies.
I like Ryan Jack as a player.
Actually, if Ryan Jack wasn’t so injury prone, he’d be a first pick for me.
You can’t build your team round a player with his injury record though.
So, for that reason, he’d be replaceable.
Then the fee quoted, if accurate, for a player like him and deep into the final year of his contract, is quite favourable to us.
£4m (I better say “less vat” before I’m chinned) is a fair deposit for a better option, like the Romanian lad.

Darius Olaru? Has he not signed for another team?
No he will probably be sold, but apparently nothing will happen until they play their Conference League game this week (I think).

Rangers have apparently placed a couple of bids so could still happen.

I’d imagine someone from Rangers would be leaving if this was the case.

People who watch the game and see the work he does on the pitch understand his value to the team.

We certainly improved last season on his return. He is a player that does lots of graft and is very good at regaining possession and retaining g possession.

For some reason he has always had the same group of people who slag off his contribution at every single opportunity.

QPR would have a bargain if they get him for £4m.

We would be losing a top player.

Can argue similar for Roofe and Helander. Particularly Helander, who would be a nailed on cert to play LCB every week if health.

But as the old adage goes; the best ability, is availability and neither of those players has it.

Its sad, but £4M could get you a very decent player for in the middle and Jack will never be able to play the number of games we need from him.

I don't believe this Ryan Jack rumour for a minute but IF QPR are offering £4m for Ryan Jack, in the last year of his contract, then there is no way on this earth that Rangers are turning down the offer.

Don’t believe it either and the Championship is a tough league , fitness and mobility wise it would not be a good move for him.
More likely Beal sticking in a £4m bid for Kamara , cheeky bugger :))

Okay, my apologies.
I like Ryan Jack as a player.
Actually, if Ryan Jack wasn’t so injury prone, he’d be a first pick for me.
You can’t build your team round a player with his injury record though.
So, for that reason, he’d be replaceable.
Then the fee quoted, if accurate, for a player like him and deep into the final year of his contract, is quite favourable to us.
£4m (I better say “less vat” before I’m chinned) is a fair deposit for a better option, like the Romanian lad.
There's a great deal of sense in this, and I can't really dispute it too, it just seems he still has something to give. He played well last week, perhaps he should have came on the other night, as the game went on, but I can see where you're coming from. It's a risk though, because ready made replacements, capable of playing for Rangers, are not necessarily easy to come by.

If that were true it would go down as the best piece of transfer business in our history

Unfortunately I don’t think it’s true. We’d accept half that truth be told.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back