The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on.
Abada for £18m anyone?

That hasn’t been said has it? Seriously?

A guy who was on the bench for their most important games by the end of the season? No players sitting in the bench for them or us is worth £8m never mind £18m.

Whilst it would be ridiculous to write our entire squad off as shite, there was a horrendous swing in points last season resulting in us losing the league. To simply sit there and rely on past achievements and assume we will do similar going forward, just because we did it once before, leads you down a dangerous path.

It's the same as people saying that getting to a Europa League final should be held up as some sort of guarantee that we will be successful going forward without even needing to refresh the squad. It's asking for trouble.

Go as we are and we will be fucked IMO.
Nobody said go as we are?

Just stating the fact that these players brought us 55 and a European final. We obviously require a handful of changes, but that will hopefully come. Although its looking more worrying and worrying every day.

Well as someone that went to protests about the man I can say you're talking pish.
Well if you went to the protests you would remember what they were for.

Murrays financial mismanagement of our club leading to massive debt and club ultimately being relegated.

But here you are wailing like a petulant child at a board that has managed our finances to the point we are now breaking even and only have a £5.25m loan.

So save me the "I went to a protest" stuff as you have obviously forgot why we organised them.

Did the EL run not make more than we would've got for CL qualifiers anyway?
I get your point though. But if we don't improve this team that everyone was only too happy to admit has stagnated then we won't be regularly qualifying for the CL. We lost the league to a team who made their worst start to a season in 20+ years, our Europa run seems to have blinded a lot of people to that.

A member of our board did say that but looking at figures (prize money only) released yesterday it’s ball park but still 10-12% less than CL money when you see what Malmo got.

A guy who was on the bench for their most important games by the end of the season? No players sitting in the bench for them or us is worth £8m never mind £18m.
They continue to get top rate for their players for some reason. We are definitely doing something wrong compared to them when it comes to sales Patterson the exception to the rule.

Murrays financial mismanagement of our club leading to massive debt and club ultimately being relegated.

But here you are wailing like a petulant child at a board that has managed our finances to the point we are now breaking even and only have a £5.25m loan.

So save me the "I went to a protest" stuff as you have obviously forgot why we organised them.
If the board don't have a pot to piss in after last season they're not doing well at running the club. Multiple mistakes by that board seem to get glossed over because they're not Mike Ashley or Charles Green. Remember the Brechin Hedge. It's fecking tiresome argument and getting more and more redundant with every year that passes.
We were promised transparency that's went out the window.

That's all well and good but we need a transfer budget for players every season. Cut our operating costs slightly or raise revenues or maybe start a player trading model? That's the job of the people running the club to implement these things.

This narrative building on here that it's impossible to spend money and buy players is tiresome.

If the board don't have a pot to piss in after last season they're not doing well at running the club. Multiple mistakes by that board seem to get glossed over because they're not Mike Ashley or Charles Green. Remember the Brechin Hedge. It's fecking tiresome argument and getting more and more redundant with every year that passes.
Of course the board has made mistakes, our MD isnt fit for purpose but thats nothing to do with the financial state we are in.

We have almost doubled our commercial income, made us break even but claim they arent doing well at running the club tells me you know the square root of feck all about our finances.

That's all well and good but we need a transfer budget for players every season. Cut our operating costs slightly or raise revenues or maybe start a player trading model? That's the job of the people running the club to implement these things.

This narrative building on here that it's impossible to spend money and buy players is tiresome.
Like what we have done this season?

Must have missed the announcement we werent signing anyone.

Of course the board has made mistakes, our MD isnt fit for purpose but thats nothing to do with the financial state we are in.

We have almost doubled our commercial income, made us break even but claim they arent doing well at running the club tells me you know the square root of feck all about our finances.
If we have next to no money spend before player sales after last season we never will. As I say I will be very interested in the bonuses paid out for reaching the final.

How many seasons like last season will it take before we can actually seem to have healthy accounts and can end the constant debate over if we have money or not.
How many sponsors, how many record turnovers, how many players sales, how many record merchandise sales etc?

I have no clue myself, but if we aren't close to it after all the above, winning the league and then reaching a European Final in the last 2 seasons then we are being severely mismanaged.
Before the euro run we were forcasting pretty much break even.

We are generating cash, just not at the kevel to be stupid around how we spend it.

They continue to get top rate for their players for some reason. We are definitely doing something wrong compared to them when it comes to sales Patterson the exception to the rule.
The constant drip feeding of crazy values for their players obviously has some kind of effect.

Before y'all jump down my throat with the "do you think foreign scouts read the DR"? No I don't but subliminal messages over a period of time tend to creep into people's minds.

If you tell a lie often enough....

Been looking at the thread alot recently and see some crazy views and stupid arguments. I haven't been to worried about our transfer business, or lack of I should say, now I'm starting to wonder but. Our objective this year, as every year is win the league, anything else is a bonus, our only rival for that trophy are strengthening there squad. We can say all we want the players are pish etc etc, but they are spending money. I think we need 3 players, starting 11 quality players. Striker, RW, goal scoring midfielder. Golak hopefully only a matter of time, the other 2, I'm starting to get worried we won't have them in and ready for the new season. Not hitting the panic button yet, but each day goes by I get a little bit more anxious. Do you think sticking with the same group of players almost and fixing the silly mistakes from last year, takes us to the title?

Does this bit not show that maybe our MD isn’t doing as bad a job as suggested?

We haven't sold anybody that's went onto be a success that sets a precedent.

They have sold Wanyana, Forster, Van Dijk, Armstrong, Tierney, Ajer, Dembele - all have done well after they have sold them

We have no track record to speak of as yet. We need to sell somebody who is a success when they leave us to start building that reputation

Been looking at the thread alot recently and see some crazy views and stupid arguments. I haven't been to worried about our transfer business, or lack of I should say, now I'm starting to wonder but. Our objective this year, as every year is win the league, anything else is a bonus, our only rival for that trophy are strengthening there squad. We can say all we want the players are pish etc etc, but they are spending money. I think we need 3 players, starting 11 quality players. Striker, RW, goal scoring midfielder. Golak hopefully only a matter of time, the other 2, I'm starting to get worried we won't have them in and ready for the new season. Not hitting the panic button yet, but each day goes by I get a little bit more anxious. Do you think sticking with the same group of players almost and fixing the silly mistakes from last year, takes us to the title?
No. As these players have made those same silly mistakes in multiple seasons 55 was outlier not norm.

They have sold Wanyana, Forster, Van Dijk, Armstrong, Tierney, Ajer, Dembele - all have done well after they have sold them

We have no track record to speak of as yet. We need to sell somebody who is a success when they leave us to start building that reputation
I do get that to a certain degree. We do need Patterson and whoever else is sold this summer to go on and do well. Just play him Lampard.

Interesting to see if there is any movement on Aribo today which would show there is truth to the release clause.

Hopefully it all gets done quickly if true.

I’m not sure even if that starts we will hear something today JS.

Clubs putting the bid in will then I’d guess get the go ahead to speak to Joe & we know his agent is a very shrewd guy.

I’m sure though that we can at least start the replacement process as soon as we know there are acceptable bids for him, if the preparatory work hasn’t already started ?

I really like Joe, but I do feel him going for 10m will allow us to improve overall.

Another convenient excuse imo. We have 4 seasons of this squad excelling in European football, culminating in us reaching a Euro Final last season. Our players have proven they aren't a flash in the pan and are very good footballers.

Van Djik is a one off but a good few of our players are at least on a par if not better than the other players you mention.

Perhaps the board are over valuing our players but that's another argument.

Patterson was.

Well true but slightly more exceptional circumstances in his case than Abada.

Being kept out the team by a club captain who posts absurd numbers and is never injured versus not playing because James Forrest or the likes is picked ahead of you - incomparable.

The expectation that some have that all monies received from sales/compensation will be used as a "transfer kitty" purely for fees is mind blowing. When anyone mentions that monies received will be used to invest in the squad, they will not be talking about 100% of that money or purely on fees. Any money used for new contracts to existing players, bringing in any players (including those for the B team) is "investing in the squad".

Outwith any money required for repaying any loans, the day to day operations and suchlike, we have a serious level of improvements required to our infrastructure (physical & IT) & an increase of non playing staff that needs investment which will be made up of monies brought in from any transfer fees received, prize money etc.

We aren't and never have been going to spend the vast majority of money received for Patterson/Gerrard & his team/any others on transfer fees only.

Does anyone know when you get allocated the prize money from UEFA is it at each stage or at the end of the season in a lump sum?

Thinking this could be a reason as to why the spending hasn't started yet although I'm probably being naïve.

If we had won the league we would be spending already, just look at that mob with champions league cash, they wouldn't be spending unless they sold big its the same for us.

Outscored all our wide forwards tbf.

So you are stating that our directors have broken the law Bob ?

Please supply the evidence, as that’s a pretty significant allegation to make publicly ?

Thanks.
They stated that the model is player sales reinvesting in the player squad. I’m asking where the Patterson cash is? That’s £8m to spend? Directors have a fiduciary duty to not mislead the share holders. Is what’s been said breaking the law that’s a question for a lawyer mate

Did the board say every penny of player sales would be reinvested in the squad?

Did they say it would all be invested in new players? Would using cash for keeping players like Goldson, and hopefully Kent and Alfie not count as investment in the squad?
Answer to both is yes

They stated that the model is player sales reinvesting in the player squad. I’m asking where the Patterson cash is? That’s £8m to spend? Directors have a fiduciary duty to not mislead the share holders. Is what’s been said breaking the law that’s a question for a lawyer mate

I know what directors fiduciary duties are Bob.

I just asked you to show the hard evidence as to what you are claiming is the actual offence ?

With the history you claim to have in business, you do therefore know the magnitude of your claim. That’s why I’m asking you to show hard evidence please ?

£8m to spend from Patterson?

We received £9m upfront

What you done with the £1m?

Too many folk too easy pleased.

They had their worst start to a league in decades. Once they got their squad together and settled they won it from a 7 point handicap so in reality from that point on it wasn't as close as some of us make out. The bottom line is we need big improvement to win our ultimate goal next season and that's the title. People trying to sugatcoat that reality are off the mark.

We need improvement and hopefully we'll see that, i'm not in any panic yet as its still early.
Alternatively....

We finished the season stronger, and from that point on we collected more points and were the better team, and the tail end of the season head to heads showed that. If yer granny had baws....

A season is a season. Yes we need to strengthen and we will, but to suggest it's anything other than close just isn't true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back