The Summer 2022 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying we won't spend anything but we won't spend significant amounts of money till we sell or qualify for the UCL.

Yes this team did well in Europe and punched above it's weight but did you miss the domestic form? We surrendered the title to a fat mess who was managing in the Greek 4th division not so long ago.

This side has won two domestic trophies out of the last god knows how many.

Even without Alfredo, once Gio got the team playing the way he wanted, we finished the season the stronger side.

Twice we played that mob, after they'd had a free midweek and we'd gone toe to toe with a top European side on the Thursday night and twice we outplayed and ran the legs off them, the longer the games went.

Maybe you want to focus on the domestic trophy record under Gerrard, but for me, I'm more interested in Rangers now having the fastest growing coefficient in Europe.
We've also just reached a European Final, are now the 2nd highest seeds for the CL qualifying rounds and the Scottish Cup is back in the trophy room.
Our fitness levels are also higher than ever and they'll only improve, with a pre season under Gio.

Looking at the accounts, I think there could be anything between £6 million and £8 million available before we sell, if required.

Last edited:
Di Marzio who is one of the most reliable in terms of Italian football reported we paid £2m.

The Times (London) did a huge in depth article on it where's they explained that Rangers were paying a nominal amount of his wages, there was no fee and it was financially beneficial to Juventus because it let them break a clause in his contract that would have meant an extension to his current deal that was costing them a fortune.

Anyone else feel like we are holding off on signings until the 1st of July?

New financial year in football and only 3 and a half days away.

It’s amazing how people always take the glass half empty, ultra negative approach.

The 2 domestic trophies things bugs me as well, it’s what the beggars always say, it’s factual, but completely lacking in context.

I’m sure we will get 3 or 4 players in for the start of the season, hopefully at least 1 this week. It’s miles away from the time to panic

To an extent. I don't think we should've won the league in the first two seasons under Gerrard but our cup record was appalling.

So when people on here say we only need 1 or 2 signings, it's rightfully brought up that this team haven't actually won much and now they're all a year older.

We need a massive refresh, especially taking into consideration the contract situation of some of our top players.

Mate, last week, before anything came out in the media, I literally posted that we were interested in Thijs Dallinga.

I also told you that Genoa and AZ Alkmaar were interested and that a €2m bid was made by an unknown team that was rejected as his club wanted €2.5m. - Revealed in last 24h that this club was Toulouse.

Foreign media reported our interest, alongside Genoa and others that his club want €5m for him - I then posted that the figure is wrong and that his club only want €2.5m.

Now Toulouse close to getting him for €2.5m.

For "made up" info about Dallinga that was nowhere to be found on the internet, I certainly think the info I posted was pretty damn accurate.

He was being talked about in this thread weeks before any of that though. It is extremely common for the media to lift names from this thread or other places on the internet where supporters are discussing players, and Thjis Dallinga was definitely one that was being discussed among Rangers supporters before any of the reports started appearing. The same with Erik Botheim.

As someone who posted in this very forum about us "being interested in Andreas Skov Olsen" before it was being reported anywhere - despite knowing nothing - and then proceeding to see his name being linked with us by various media outlets, I am extremely skeptical of any signing links of players when their name is already out there among fans. It's just the papers telling people what they want to hear to get clicks.

I have no idea how true any of the info you've posted about Dallinga is but I'm certainly not treating it as fact. Also foreign media lift names from Scottish media too. The same as Scottish media do if there's a foreign report linking us to players etc. Once a name is out there it can become incredibly easy for it to be recycled around by various outlets with very little to actually back it up.

He was being talked about in this thread weeks before any of that though. It is extremely common for the media to lift names from this thread or other places on the internet where supporters are discussing players, and Thjis Dallinga was definitely one that was being discussed among Rangers supporters before any of the reports started appearing. The same with Erik Botheim.

As someone who posted in this very forum about us "being interested in Andreas Skov Olsen" before it was being reported anywhere - despite knowing nothing - and then proceeding to see his name being linked with us by various media outlets, I am extremely skeptical of any signing links of players when their name is already out there among fans. It's just the papers telling people what they want to hear to get clicks.

I have no idea how true any of the info you've posted about Dallinga is but I'm certainly not treating it as fact. Also foreign media lift names from Scottish media too. The same as Scottish media do if there's a foreign report linking us to players etc. Once a name is out there it can become incredibly easy for it to be recycled around by various outlets with very little to actually back it up.
I'll stop posting about Dallinga after this (promise), but we were actually linked with him in the press late last year, shortly after Gio became manager.
Banging in the goals in Rotterdam as he did, Gio/Vos etc absolutely know all about him.

To an extent. I don't think we should've won the league in the first two seasons under Gerrard but our cup record was appalling.

So when people on here say we only need 1 or 2 signings, it's rightfully brought up that this team haven't actually won much and now they're all a year older.

We need a massive refresh, especially taking into consideration the contract situation of some of our top players.
We will have to agree to disagree here.

You always want to freshen the squad of course, but in terms of first 11 starters (most weeks) I think 1 or 2 is sufficient to add to what is already a very good team.

Add in another couple of useful squad players and we are good to go.

That’s assuming the current first picks stay, if they go then of course we need to replace them.

Wonder if wee Musa will be in the footage...
I recall that happening a few times, the first glimpse of pre-season footage would come out and there'd be 1-2 trialists present that'd send the forum detectives into overdrive, good times!

Potentially we could see bids for at least three players who we deeply rely on; it will be interesting to see what happens with that in the next few weeks, and how much it is playing a part in what we are and are not doing right now.

We will have to agree to disagree here.

You always want to freshen the squad of course, but in terms of first 11 starters (most weeks) I think 1 or 2 is sufficient to add to what is already a very good team.

Add in another couple of useful squad players and we are good to go.

That’s assuming the current first picks stay, if they go then of course we need to replace them.

Think that's the position we are in is if any current first picks leave then they will be replaced. At the moment there's only 1 first 11 position needing filled and that's the right wing which should be a priority now anyway.

Under gio these same players are 1 from 1 in domestic cups (he wasn't in charge at the semi), 1 from 2 in domestic trophies, and went 3 rounds further in Europe than they previously did under Gerrard's tactics. A big factor in that was how Gio latterly used Lundstram and Jack to free up the full backs. We only lost the league because he was so defensively orientated initially and more focused on 'keeping the zero' (which we too rarely did) and showed far too much respect to the opposition for his first few months in charge. He learnt and adapted.

We blatantly don't need a big refresh. We need a goal scoring, pacy right winger, an attacking mid with goals in him if Aribo goes, and a back up striker unless either of Morelos or Roofe leave, in which case we'd need two. That's it as far as I'm concerned. Bothiem and Solbaaken would be the dream scenario but I don't see either happening.

The club has needed fresh outside investment for some time. It should be welcomed if all parties agreeable.
Have to agree we are as others have stated early in the window but thus far we appear to not have a pot to **** in. Whilst our only rival are spending and as I’ve pointed out the team that spends most wins almost always.

I don’t know how many here regularly tune into MLS? I was watching LAFC/NYRB last night and a midfielder from the losing Red Bulls side really stood out. Casseres, only 22 and fair number of caps for Venezuela. After Sands I wonder if it’s a market we may go back to. Not so much golden oldies anymore, lots of decent players at a good age.

In all honesty, £10m for Aribo. Fair enough.

We’ve gotten great value for money, would have made a hefty profit and he’s in the last year of his deal - I’m not going to be heartbroken if that is all we get for him.

Can totally understand why that clause was inserted into his contract as well, if what H&H say is accurate - and no reason to think this one isn’t.

Coincidentally him to Palace would the most unsurprising transfer ever, honestly guessed he’d end up there about 18 months ago :))

There's no guarantee that getting players in early will work right away.

We had brian laudrup signed up in plenty time, no to mention basil boli, who never worked out anyway.

Laudrup already showed us his class in the opening league game, but we were still knocked out the cl qualifiers against Aek Athens and quite easily.

Given we will not be signing any absolute quality like laudrup, then the cl is far from being a starter, no matter who we bring in.

I've just got a reply back from a mate of mine who is an ex player who in turn is friends with an HK investor.

He said it's a load of pish.

Now maybe as has been said by another poster, the club may just be shutting down the rumour until things are definite but my information comes from a very good source.

Thing is not everyone in hk or with a source will have access to the mystery bid if there is one.

So your chap could be correct, from his source, but the original poster could also be correct as his source says there’s a people after a share in the club

In all honesty, £10m for Aribo. Fair enough.

We’ve gotten great value for money, would have made a hefty profit and he’s in the last year of his deal - I’m not going to be heartbroken if that is all we get for him.

Can totally understand why that clause was inserted into his contract as well, if what H&H say is accurate - and no reason to think this one isn’t.

Coincidentally him to Palace would the most unsurprising transfer ever, honestly guessed he’d end up there about 18 months ago :))
He'd be perfect playing in that midfield for Viera. They are well-suited to what he brings and to what he needs to develop further. If he wants to move. End of the day, if he wants to run down his contract then we cannot 'force' him out the door.

Still got my hopes pinned on Botheim. Seems to have all gone quiet.
Which actually makes me feel it’s more likely.
Not much gets out about our transfers until they are done.
Probably wishful thinking.

Him and Colak in and I’ll be satisfied with our striking options, even if we lost Morelos.

Folk think they’re playing FIFA and you just get rid of everyone over 26.
Sometimes you see the value to the team before sell on prospects.

Yes, you have to do that with certain players but for £2m I think if we get 3 seasons, maybe 4, from him and his goals bring us success you have won a watch.

Not all players can be weighed up as commodities.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back